Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Cyclops Is the Latest to Call it Quits in New Marvel NOW! Teaser

The latest Marvel NOW! teaser sees the time-displaced teenage Cyclops bid farewell to the X-Men.

Full article here.

Good riddance

At least this one makes sense, I'm not even sure what Amadeus was quitting.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Are they finally going back to there original time period

BANNED

Good choice Tyke. I'd also call the quits if Dennis hopeless was writing me

BANNED

Back to space again, starjammer

Mighty Member

Looks like Cyclops will be joining Amadeus Hulk,Miles Spidey, Ms. Marvel, and Nova.... a Young Avengers book? A new take on the New Warriors? Should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Back to space again, starjammer
    I love you so much. Seriously.

11 issues of Cyclops and the Starjammers, that was the best. Man I miss Corsair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Looks like Cyclops will be joining Amadeus Hulk,Miles Spidey, Ms. Marvel, and Nova.... a Young Avengers book? A new take on the New Warriors? Should be fun
    So Tyke is the token cis white male in the team?

BANNED

Lazy teaser is lazy.

I mean seriously, they just cropped the cover of All-New X-Men #1 and ran it through a meme generator. Come on, Marvel, I know originality is hard, but you could at least TRY.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Good choice Tyke. I'd also call the quits if Dennis hopeless was writing me
    Agreed. If only X would follow him.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

As much as it would be a bit of a thumb in the eye if Marvel put Cyclops (THE X-Man, as far as I'm concerned) on an Avengers team, I could only hope that his leaving meant the end of All-New X-Men because that sucker is played out.

Also, I want grown up, awesome Cyclops back.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

After the way he's been treated by his friends, teammates, and the universe at large, I can't say I blame him. Maybe this means he goes back into space to hang out with his dad. He did pretty well with the alien ladies last time. Maybe he'll take it more seriously now.

In terms of the bigger picture though, I think this might tie into the revelations surrounding Death of X. It does look like that'll be where we'll likely learn what happened to his adult self during the 8-month gap. I think it's safe to assume at this point that it's going to be extremely egregious and Marvel wants it that way. It'll give O5 Cyclops the perfect excuse to cut ties with the X-men and try to find a new path, preferably one that doesn't result in him being the most hated character in the Marvel universe. It might be the one jarring event that will have a truly lasting impact on the timeline. That's something that still hasn't been resolved, although Hopeless is starting to touch on that in All-New X-men with O5 Beast. So maybe this is going to be the moment where both he and O5 Jean become more determined to change their past, present, and future. I think that'll lead to another major X-men event, if not next year then some time in the year after that. At some point, the O5's presence has to do something major to the timeline. I think that something is starting to brew.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    At least this one makes sense, I'm not even sure what Amadeus was quitting.
    I'm not sure what any of them are quitting. So much for the 05's magical mystery tour.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After the way he's been treated by his friends, teammates, and the universe at large, I can't say I blame him. Maybe this means he goes back into space to hang out with his dad. He did pretty well with the alien ladies last time. Maybe he'll take it more seriously now.

In terms of the bigger picture though, I think this might tie into the revelations surrounding Death of X. It does look like that'll be where we'll likely learn what happened to his adult self during the 8-month gap. I think it's safe to assume at this point that it's going to be extremely egregious and Marvel wants it that way. It'll give O5 Cyclops the perfect excuse to cut ties with the X-men and try to find a new path, preferably one that doesn't result in him being the most hated character in the Marvel universe. It might be the one jarring event that will have a truly lasting impact on the timeline. That's something that still hasn't been resolved, although Hopeless is starting to touch on that in All-New X-men with O5 Beast. So maybe this is going to be the moment where both he and O5 Jean become more determined to change their past, present, and future. I think that'll lead to another major X-men event, if not next year then some time in the year after that. At some point, the O5's presence has to do something major to the timeline. I think that something is starting to brew.
    Sounds like the xmen are in for another roster shakeup. All i see is that i'll probably be dropping a lot of books soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    So it'd be like this :
    Tyke : Fearless Leader
    Ms Marvel : Only girl of the team
    Nova : Joke character, creep, laughing stock
    Ultimate Spider-Man : Lancer and funny guy
    Cho Hulk : Big and Smart guy

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    As much as it would be a bit of a thumb in the eye if Marvel put Cyclops (THE X-Man, as far as I'm concerned) on an Avengers team, I could only hope that his leaving meant the end of All-New X-Men because that sucker is played out.

Also, I want grown up, awesome Cyclops back.
    Tyke is not yet THE x man, he's just a kid with a whole future present in front of him. Plus he's doing almost nothing in ANXM except being the victim of Hopeless tantrum for not getting Jean.