Default Lady Death - seeking advice

So a while back I got the bundle of Lady Death on comixology and recently started reading through it. However the Origins selection which tries to tell the background appears to be missing bits of the story. Thus id be interested to know if there are any here who can provide a guide or a link to one that easily puts into publication or reading order a list of her past appearances and her story.

I have no clue.

I don't think I ever bothered to buy/read any "Lady Death" books.

Sorry.

(Is there a "Lady Death Wiki" or something?)

Yes but barring the more recent digital publications on comixiology (which are easy to follow barring Origins which has gaps in it) the physical print run history is a bit more jumbled up and interspaced with other characters and some alts. Thus the wiki didn't really unjumble it for me.

Incredible Member

You can just start over with the new incarnation of Lady Death in the new book Chaos Rules!

It declares most of the last 20 years of Lady Death books to have been a dream. While Lady Death herself was in a magical slumber.

Pretty much everything not published by Chaos or Coffin are considered a dream.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I have no clue.

I don't think I ever bothered to buy/read any "Lady Death" books.

Sorry.

(Is there a "Lady Death Wiki" or something?)
    well that was a worthwhile reply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Death

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow2 View Post
    well that was a worthwhile reply.
    It was also, nearly 24 hours later, the first reply to the thread, so it bumped it up to increase the visibility and it showed the poster s/he wasn't being totally ignored.

Better than nothing.

Darrin thing is I'd like to read the "past 20 years" or at least the most cohesive story block as it appears she was earlier a minor character of quite significant different history in her very early days. It's just getting a grip on the time line of releases and publications so that the story makes sense.

It's one of those things that if you read along with hte releases would appear very simple; but when one comes into reading a series like this late it can appear confusing trying to work out what one has to read in what order and what is a different time line or a once-off etc...

Incredible Member

Well the CrossGen books are very hard to get at this point. Since that publisher is no more. The Avatar stuff is easier to get and still may be available through their website. Boundless I think still has some graphic novels and individual issues.

That covers all of it. You will just have to check those publishers. And hope for the best.

All-New Member

If the original poster is still around... I just finished reading my collection of LD, and really, there are 4-5 "versions" of the story:

1) Original Chaos!
    2) CrossGen "Medieval"
    3) CrossGen "Classic"
    4) Avatar/Boundless (Avatar actually became a prequel/offshoot of Boundless story)
    5) Coffin Comics--continuation of Chaos! version

In all versions, the same basic origin story is used--a young woman is mistakenly accused of witchcraft and exchanges her soul to demons/Hell/spirits to escape. Different versions have different supporting cast, overall motivations (i.e. Chaos focused on LD defeating Lucifer, others on LD saving her Mother or discovering her lost past).

Note that because of the stop/start runs with various publishers and the nature of Pulido's publishing habits (I.e. limited series versus ongoing), there tends to be a few plot threads (and storylines) that are teased but never finished. That said, I liked the Medieval version, thought the Avatar/Boundless had a great version of the story, and that the Chaos version was a little jumbled for me because I didn't read all the other series (Evil Ernie, Purgatori, etc).

Here's a great guide to the various stories (what I used to start my 9-volume bound collection): http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/forum...eb72d1&start=0