View Poll Results: Who rocked the fur the best?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Minerva

51 78.46%
  • Debbie Domaine

1 1.54%
  • Priscilla Rich

12 18.46%
  • Sebastian Bellastros

1 1.54%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Hard to say, DC has been pretty poor in capitalising in the comics on the movies.

Tragically true. Though with dawn of justice they did go about releasing those trades compiling the various batman vs superman bouts

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    So with the movie coming in November of next year, what are the odds that DC will do an event or at least a storyline about Cheetah in some form of importance?

After Rucka and Snyder have made Cheetah a force to be reckoned with, DC will probably have her get jobbed by the Red Hood.

I really hope I'm wrong and DC's editorial starts making sure her power levels are portrayed more consistently.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It would be nice if she had a stronger presence.

The editorial team at DC should have taken note of Cheetah's portrayal in the stories above and not let her get jobbed by Batman and Catwoman. There is no way a non-meta could take out the Cheetah after she's gone toe to to with Wonder Woman several times and also taken out Flash and Superman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I wish Snyder had picked a different villain to play second fiddle to Lex Luthor, I had such high hopes for Cheetah

Compared to making Superman her thrall who obeys her bidding this is a fair bit of a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I wish Snyder had picked a different villain to play second fiddle to Lex Luthor, I had such high hopes for Cheetah
    On the plus side, she's standing with the other heroes' most iconic foes. So it's nice that DC has acknowledged at least that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    On the plus side, she's standing with the other heroes' most iconic foes. So it's nice that DC has acknowledged at least that.
    And Gorilla Grodd for some reason. XD

That is a plus though it would be nice if Snyder had read Ruckas take on Cheetah before pulling this. Its kinda a step backwards in terms of characterization.

I agree. I don't see Cheetah playing 2nd fiddle to Lex any more than Joker, Grodd, Sinestro, etc. are. Lex is just the planner. Most of the other villains(including Cheetah) could render him limb from limb in less than a minute.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

To me it’s even more upsetting BECAUSE Cheetah is the closest thing to an arch-nemesis that Wonder Woman has,
    Her vowing revenge on the greek Gods literally made my mouth water, I was so looking forward to that, so imagine my disappointment when Cheetah killed Poseidon in 2 panels with some whosie-whatsit that the Boss Man gave her in exchange for her service

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    To me it’s even more upsetting BECAUSE Cheetah is the closest thing to an arch-nemesis that Wonder Woman has,
    Her vowing revenge on the greek Gods literally made my mouth water, I was so looking forward to that, so imagine my disappointment when Cheetah killed Poseidon in 2 panels with some whosie-whatsit that the Boss Man gave her in exchange for her service
    To be fair, all of the heroes' arch-nemeses are working under Luthor (though as someone said before, Grodd is debatable). So she's not being portrayed as any more of a second-fiddle than Black Manta, Sinestro, or Joker are.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

To be fair, all of the heroes' arch-nemeses are working under Luthor (though as someone said before, Grodd is debatable). So she's not being portrayed as any more of a second-fiddle than Black Manta, Sinestro, or Joker are.
    Indeed. And Lex is ALWAYS calling the shots. He wouldn't bother with this group if he wasn't, he's really the only one who could have some measure of control over this particular group of individuals.

But that doesn't make any of them loyal underlings either. Cheetah and the rest are getting what they want out of this, and could turn on him/leave whenever. In a villainous way, they like and respect him and follow his lead.

Ultimate Member

My problem with it is that they seemed to have tossed out the actual nuanced/complex aspects that Rucka and co set up with her in favor of just making her "bad" again. The regression annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Compared to making Superman her thrall who obeys her bidding this is a fair bit of a downgrade.
    I'm actually glad she doesn't have the ability to turn others into were-cheetah's anymore. That ability just never sat well with me.

I also did not like the DCnU 52 origin for Barbara at all, especially the part about some random hunter managing to slay the previous Cheetah. I'm glad that part is gone.
    Last edited by nj06; 11-02-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!