View Poll Results: Who rocked the fur the best?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Minerva

51 78.46%
  • Debbie Domaine

1 1.54%
  • Priscilla Rich

12 18.46%
  • Sebastian Bellastros

1 1.54%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

It just seems like she gets new powers and abilities at the drop of a hat only to have them discarded as often as a Donna Troy origin story.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    To be fair, all of the heroes' arch-nemeses are working under Luthor (though as someone said before, Grodd is debatable). So she's not being portrayed as any more of a second-fiddle than Black Manta, Sinestro, or Joker are.
    Well at least Sinestro was billed as “the greatest anthropologist in the Universe” and his expertise was put to use. It would’ve been nice if Barbara and Manta, who’s a treasure hunter, had brought their respective skills to the table as well...and they’d given us a half-decent fight between her and Poseidon. But no, Cheetah x Poseidon was just a side attraction, the main event was the Batman Who Laughs

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    That is a plus though it would be nice if Snyder had read Ruckas take on Cheetah before pulling this. Its kinda a step backwards in terms of characterization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    My problem with it is that they seemed to have tossed out the actual nuanced/complex aspects that Rucka and co set up with her in favor of just making her "bad" again. The regression annoys me.
    I think this is a pretty natural extension of where she ended in Rucka's run. She accepted her role as a "villain", said Barbara was "dead" and declared that Gods and Amazons alike would feel her wrath. We pick up here with her joining Lex specifically so she could kill Gods. I'm not seeing much inconsistency.

We are not getting much character focus for her (yet?), but I wouldn't say any of the villains are particularly complex in this, excluding maybe Lex because he's getting all the focus. The JL run is aiming for something different than Rucka's Rebirth run, it's just a big dumb action movie with all the big name heroes and villains. She has to act evil if she's standing with the rest of these characters, and she has a great capacity for falling into evil habits in the Rucka run.

But the execution of her the killing Poseidon scene should have been much better than it was.

Well on the plus side by the time the movie comes out G Willow Wilson (who will hopefully still be on the book) will have ample time to prepare a big Cheetah event in the comics