View Poll Results: Who rocked the fur the best?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Minerva

51 78.46%
  • Debbie Domaine

1 1.54%
  • Priscilla Rich

12 18.46%
  • Sebastian Bellastros

1 1.54%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I notice is many comic writers have made Cheetah lost her intelligent due to her becoming a monster. But shouldn’t she keep her intelligent to be more deadly?
    I don't want her to lost her intelligent, but to lose control as she becomes angrier? FOR SURE.

I prefer Rucka's version of a beast who once was (and maybe deepdown still is) a decent human. So then the lines get blurred and the character provides great tension. How many "villains who wants to turn people into beasts" we had before? How many ferocious ladies who want to kill?

But hey, a friend who is a victim because of her curiosity and becomes an animal, but doesn't lose herself completely? Who is killing to survive, who has a great reason to be angry, but still have to be stopped? Someone that we never know if is a victim still or likes who she is (Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back)? That I'm interested in seeing.

One thing I'm a bit confused about the fact in the village they found Cheetah is that we see other Cheetahs. So what is that all about? IS cheetah a demi-god still?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I don't like it if the transformation is permanent. But as a temporary thing... sure.
    What would be an interesting way to get a cure? Maybe getting Cheetah's blood?

So what if her bite simply caused a virus that she can spread? She can still control them
    Meh. I could take it or leave it. Virus-controlled minions is an interesting idea but I don't know how much I like it for Cheetah.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

One thing I do agree with is Cheetah should be able to store energy and be able to use that to go faster than the flash. She can't use this power often but the longer she stores the long and faster she can go. The downside is she gets tired after coming out of this mode.

What would be an interesting way to get a cure? Maybe getting Cheetah's blood?
    I was thinking just wearing off over time.

Rucka shows us there are others with her condition. So what is different with our Cheetah?

I'm excited to have Cheetah be in the new WW 1984 film, although I'm not happy about it taking place in the 80s. I hope Cheetah gets portrayed well and is comes off being a force to be reckoned with.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm excited to have Cheetah be in the new WW 1984 film, although I'm not happy about it taking place in the 80s. I hope Cheetah gets portrayed well and is comes off being a force to be reckoned with.
    I think she will, given that she'll be going up against Diana and there's gotta be some throw downs in the film.

I'm just going with it being a new version of Barbara Minerva and Patty's vision, versus expectations that she's going to be a straight up version of Rucka incarnation. My main concern is the balance between feeling sympathetic for her as Diana's friend and then her fall from grace so to speak into the Cheetah. I guess I like my Barbara Minerva a little bit questionable and sinister herself, even before she gets into her dance with Urzkartaga.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Hopefully - along with getting her cheetah-like powers, she gains immortality or slowed aging so she can be Diana's counterpart in the modern day Legion of Doom that Luthor and Deathstroke are putting together.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

So there is this Vixen and the Justice League comic they're going to give people at SDCC and look who is on the cover

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Nice to see Cheetah getting major exposure in a SDCC giveaway comic!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    So there is this Vixen and the Justice League comic they're going to give people at SDCC and look who is on the cover

I'm liking the art work here and I always felt that Cheetah would also be a great foe for Vixen.

Is it me or does cheetah's costume look like the one from her sensational comics one

Not sure how I feel about the costume (a "cat" in black leather gives the wrong impression about this character in particular), but I dig the art!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So according to October's solicits for JL, Cheetah killed Poseidon.

Yeah, they are definitely following up on Rucka's established motivation, and they went BIG.