View Poll Results: Who rocked the fur the best?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Minerva

51 78.46%
  • Debbie Domaine

1 1.54%
  • Priscilla Rich

12 18.46%
  • Sebastian Bellastros

1 1.54%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Lol u mad bro?

Oh yeah!!! Beautiful!!!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

^That was touching, but I see much heartbreak in the immediate future for both of them.

Ugh. really hate the worst enemy as best friend bit. Makes Cheetah look so much less formidable as an evil arch-villain, when she should be the greatest female super-villain ever.

Also dislike the current bestial look for the Cheetah (despite the eye-catching artwork).

Really wish they'd make the Cheetah a conventionally attractive woman with cheetah-print hair for the visual.

Or basically pay homage to Cheetara (from Thundercats)'s look:

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Ugh. really hate the worst enemy as best friend bit. Makes Cheetah look so much less formidable as an evil arch-villain, when she should be the greatest female super-villain ever.

Also dislike the current bestial look for the Cheetah (despite the eye-catching artwork).

Really wish they'd make the Cheetah a conventionally attractive woman with cheetah-print hair for the visual.

Disagree, I've always felt cheetah's origin shapes her more as a Mister Freeze, Two Face type tragic villain then a Joker pure evil villain. She is essentually the archetypical character who was "cursed due to their own hubris". Which lends itself more towards a sympathetic protrayal.

I wonder if we'll ever get Cheetah on the big screen? Its about time Wondy gets her arch nemesis in live action! Same with Ares and Circe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

I think it works for her. I guess its how you do it though because you can have her written more like Lex Luthor(who in certain stories has been Superman's friend) or more Two Face which is a bit more tragic and has less agency.

This is one of my favorite panels featuring the Cheetah. I love the narration, even if it seems a little outdated by today's standards.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

This Cheetah wore it best.. without question imo

I really hope they stop making her a jobber. She lost so many times to people she shouldn't have, street levelers or low superhuman's for example and clearly she's inferior to Diana because she can't take three hits from her Post Crisis without being left in a pool of her own blood.. twice. And she lost to Diana even after Diana just got the crap beaten out of her by Genocide and once after Cheetah got her powers restored iirc.

Also, I've always wondered if Cheetah can hurt Diana with strength alone. She always attacks her with claws but never with a punch at least consistently. I also like how they attempted to make her fast but then again, the only time Cheetah was famed for being claimed for being almost as fast as the Flash was after Diana got the crap beaten out of her by Genocide. Her "impressive" showing during the New 52 happened solely because it was a sneak attack and I honestly have no doubt that Cheetah would've gotten burnt to ashes when Superman throws an angry look or Flash just runs circles around her.

Damn Cheetah was done dirty by writers after they tried to make her superpowered. She got almost no impressive feats considering the context of some of her most impressive feats and she has jobbered multiple times to Batman level people Jesus.

Another animated version of Cheetah to add to the growing collection!! Justice League Action version of Cheetah!!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Another animated version of Cheetah to add to the growing collection!! Justice League Action version of Cheetah!!

She kind of light on the spots but other than that she looks great! I'm glad to see that she'll appear on this show. Hopefully other Wonder-rogues will too.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I've never really been that fond of the "abused bride" interpretation of the Cheetah. It makes it seem like Urzkartaga is the real WW rogue, and not Barbara Minerva, who comes across disempowered and unimpressive by comparison. I really liked the flashback issue showing her search for the Amazons, and I've enjoyed her interactions with Diana and the gang through the rest of Year One...but there is a part of me that wishes she was the one filling Veronica Cale's role right now as the unscrupulous, cunning mastermind behind everything. I've always had a vision of Barbara Minerva in my mind as a sort of Dan Brown villain, almost an evil Indiana Jones who seeks out ancient secrets and uses them for personal gain, and dropping her civilized veneer to transform into the Cheetah when she needs to throw down. Ah well, let's see how this goes.

Mighty Member

Priscilla Rich is my fav. More fun.

I wish there was a golden age Cheetah. Wearing clothes like Minerva, but a "hat" like Rich.

"adventurer clothes"

"hat"

Strong, strange, funny and a bit evil.

Could call herself "Cheetah girl" also, to avoid complaints that she's not enough naked looking.
    Last edited by borntohula; 11-27-2016 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

She looks pretty silly with that full cheetah face.