View Poll Results: Who rocked the fur the best?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Minerva

51 78.46%
  • Debbie Domaine

1 1.54%
  • Priscilla Rich

12 18.46%
  • Sebastian Bellastros

1 1.54%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I said Ares never won the world. ANd Circe didn't either. She never ruled anything just got a bigger army. Darkseid took over the world in Final Crisis. That was evil winning. Not what Ares and Circe did.

And what makes you think what Cheetah does will be any better? Especially when she's shown no interest in wanting to take over the world?
    I sa-aaiiid, "...Wonder Woman bound Ares in the lasso, and showed him what the Earth would be like, if he won...", and we all saw it. The operative words here are 'would be like' and 'if', he won the world; pay attention. I also said Circe conquered the world ..or 'part of it' - certainly, enough of it to turn all the men into 'were-beasts', ..and she did exactly that. I did not imagine any of that. Again...pay attention, or you'll miss something important or cool.

I sincerely recommended BOTH stories to you. Clearly, you haven't read either of them. DO with that, whatever you like.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-23-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I had a dream last night that Emily Blunt played Barbara Minerva in the WW sequel...she morphed into the Cheetah with the same horrible grotesquery that Benecio Del Toro did in the Werewolf movie (a bad movie that Blunt co starred in).....anyhoo, the effect was great, she looked like the current Rucka version of the Cheetah and she had Flash level speed....ahhhh, here's hoping my dream comes true some time in the not too distant future.

How about Cheetah dream casting? Who do you all think might make a good big screen Cheetah and which iteration of the character would you want on the big screen?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Emily Blunt would be great, and I've seen her suggested for Minerva a few times. I'd get on board.

I thought about Jessica Chastain because she's Jessica Chastain (I think she would be more of a Pérez Minerva, but). But Blunt would be A+ too!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

With the reception Eisenberg's Lex and Leto's Joker got, we now live in a world where a cinematic Cheetah could be the most well received and popular of the three if they do her right. Added bonus that people don't have nearly as high of expectations for her, so they can experiment a bit.

Never thought I'd see the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I said Ares never won the world. ANd Circe didn't either. She never ruled anything just got a bigger army. Darkseid took over the world in Final Crisis. That was evil winning. Not what Ares and Circe did.

And what makes you think what Cheetah does will be any better? Especially when she's shown no interest in wanting to take over the world?
    I would suggest that, if Cheetah isn't a big enough threat to keep WW up, at night, ..she's no business being her arch-nem.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Post that Teen Wolf picture that looks exactly like Minerva.

Cheetah Fans: Barbara Minerva needs your help!

Please vote for her here in this popularity poll over in the general DC forums:

http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-6
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Cheetah Fans: Barbara Minerva needs your help!

Please vote for her here in this popularity poll over in the general DC forums:

http://community.comicbookresources....nament-Round-6

Done. Thanks for sharing.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

One thing I notice is why nt have Cheetah be able to move back and forth between her human form and cheetah form. I mean Marston did want Priscilla to have multiple personalities disorders. Why not also show it in Barbara able to go back and forth both literally and figuratively. For example, her real name is Priscalla yes, keep Barbara's origin.She changes her name due to the crimes she does comitt. She does get a PH and becomes a tomb raider at day while at the same time being a wonderful teacher. At times not knowing her other persoanlity. Until she meets Diana.

Here is a breakdown of Cheetah from Injustice 2!! She has an amazing moveset and incredible mobility!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

So apparently Cheetah exists in the Arrowverse!! Which means Diana does as well!!! I wonder if we'll ever see them pop up on any of the CW shows? That'd be cool...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I notice is why nt have Cheetah be able to move back and forth between her human form and cheetah form. I mean Marston did want Priscilla to have multiple personalities disorders. Why not also show it in Barbara able to go back and forth both literally and figuratively. For example, her real name is Priscalla yes, keep Barbara's origin.She changes her name due to the crimes she does comitt. She does get a PH and becomes a tomb raider at day while at the same time being a wonderful teacher. At times not knowing her other persoanlity. Until she meets Diana.
    I agree! This reminds me of Demona from Gargoyles. The weird sisters granted her the ability to be human during the day to avoid turning to stone like the other gargoyles, but reverted to her natural form at night. What if cheetah had a similar transformation curse? It could be something that makes her even more envious of Diana.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Cheetah in ancient Greece?

"At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

How important is Urzkartaga?

I'm of the opinion that IF Cheetah is intended to be Wonder Woman's top tier adversary, she should be directly related to Achaean Mythologies. The addition of a fictional "plant" god from the jungles of Africa is terribly pulpy, and while pulp sensibilities have a certain charm and a certain place in Wonder Woman narratives, it's also really lazy, colonial, and reeks of exoticism.

That's not to say I prefer the Rich or Domaine Cheetahs' simplicity to Barbara Minerva. I prefer Diana to have a superhuman adversary who CAN conceivably be a physical challenge, and jewel thieves aren't that.

What is the argument AGAINST pulling Minerva's Cheetah closer to Greece? Why NOT have Cheetah be one of Circe's bestiamorphs, or have her be something different like a Dionysian Maenad? Cheetahs ARE indeed associated with Africa, but there was a time they existed throughout the Levant and Arabia.