Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Donald Trump Becomes a Marvel Supervillain in "Spider-Gwen"

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee is reimagined as Earth-65's M.O.D.O.K. in this week's 'Spider-Gwen Annual" #1.

Full article here.

Not sure if dying of laughter after reading this or go like every comic book reader these days and say "comics are bad nowadays because they put polítics in muh books"

Pretty sure people around here will choose the second one
    I will judge you ... with the power of my POSTS!!!!

Amazing Member

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.....cue republican poutrage!!!

BANNED

And the man taking a fatal shot at hands of Cap America is political commentary at work which makes this worthy of the funny papers.

BANNED

This thread oughta separate man from beast. Time to beat a hasty retreat.

BANNED

So do Marvel do this kind of thing for free? Or does Hillary pay them?

Glad I gave up buying annuals, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lot 49 View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.....cue republican poutrage!!!
    I vote Republican. I'm not outraged. I'm used to this type of behavior from comics and their creators.

Politics in comics have been so heavy handed lately even with stuff I agree with (Captain America: Sam Wilson). Whatever happened to subtlety?
    We need better comics

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Alright, I'm a republican (not really a Trump fan though), and I'm not going to go on some rant about the excessive amount of politics forced into Marvel's books lately, but c'mon guys; this is just childish. Have some subtlety, or at least some maturity if you have to be obvious about your out of place opinions. You don't need to agree with me. You do need to at least try and seem intelligent. This is not.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Politics in comics have been so heavy handed lately even with stuff I agree with (Captain America: Sam Wilson). Whatever happened to subtlety?
    Compared to the actual Trump, anything is automatically at least 50% more subtle.

Besides, not much that you can do when portraying a villain as a super villain, the material is already written for you.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    In what era were comic books ever subtle? We are talking about the same company that turned Nixon into a super villian. Subtlety was never their norm.

BANNED

Isn't this a step up for him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    I vote Republican. I'm not outraged. I'm used to this type of behavior from comics and their creators.
    Yeah. Lifelong registered Democrat here, and I really wish they'd stop with this stuff. Just because you vote against someone doesn't mean you think there are a villain. But this is what political discourse is like now. Sigh.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Yeah. Lifelong registered Democrat here, and I really wish they'd stop with this stuff. Just because you vote against someone doesn't mean you think there are a villain. But this is what political discourse is like now. Sigh.
    In my opinion, artists should always speak out against fascism.

Fact is, we'll be some of the first ones silenced if they ever get into power.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-02-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Alright, I'm a republican (not really a Trump fan though), and I'm not going to go on some rant about the excessive amount of politics forced into Marvel's books lately, but c'mon guys; this is just childish. Have some subtlety, or at least some maturity if you have to be obvious about your out of place opinions. You don't need to agree with me. You do need to at least try and seem intelligent. This is not.
    Well to be fair, this is the same company that had George W. Bush brought out onto the White House lawn naked to lick Magneto's boots in the opening arc of Ultimate X-Men. Subtlety's clearly dead at Marvel.