Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Yeah. Lifelong registered Democrat here, and I really wish they'd stop with this stuff. Just because you vote against someone doesn't mean you think there are a villain. But this is what political discourse is like now. Sigh.
    Trump literally said he would try to overturn gay marriage, force our military to commit war crimes, weaken libel laws so it's easier for rich people to sue newspapers and wants to ban an entire religion (which would require a religious database).

He's as close to an actual real life super villain as we have seen in a long time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    Yeah, its exactly this kind of thing that has the country so divided and heated right now, and here Marvel is enabling it. Marvel is supposed to write about heroes and heroics and what it means to be good. Portraying fellow Americans you disagree with politicially as villains isn't good or heroic, its misguided and wrong and sends a bad message of morality.

Its neither funny nor in good taste and I hope they reconsider.
    This is absolute nonsense. This isn't a matter of "disagreeing" with someone. As I just said, he is on record of saying he wants to take AWAY the rights of gay people. He wants to commit war crimes. This is not, "Oh, I don't really agree with that."

It's factually wrong.

And no, this is not what's dividing the country. What's dividing the country is there are people who agree with those terrible things and people who want to make sure it doesn't happen.

And artists should be able to fight against fascism with their art.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    At least, Hillary (and possibly Bill too) finally on her way to jail! :]
    Except that's not happening. You might want to get your news from more reliable places. Today's word is that the FBI will soon be announcing that no charges will be filed in regards to the email "scandal." In no world is that true.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    To the Democrats here, if this was Hillary or Bernie being turned into MODOK, how would you feel right now?
    This is a false equivalency that doesn't take facts and action into account.

Quote Originally Posted by PinnyPed View Post
    So, here is the reason these political threads shouldn't be here. But I want to address the neverTrumper here. I am a Republican Trump supporter with a Master's Degree in Education (I write adult and college courses for a living). and am not impressed by your condescension, I think your understandings of Trump's positions are someone shallow and I am surprised at your lockstep attitude that Trump is stupid. I don't think he is, though he's flawed. I think of him as the Rodney Dangerfield character in "Back to School". Anyway, I know there is no changing your mind or the mind of those who have convinced themselves that he is Hitler due to the (R) after his name (they wouldn't have treated Ted Cruz any better). It's just a left wing mindset that is now hardwired.

I won't respond further to this thread as I think this conversation isn't appropriate in a comics forum but I didn't want to let all this vitriol go unanswered. If you want to engage further we should take this discussion offline.
    I find it interesting that out of all the people to call out it would be your fellow Republican, and that you don't actually refute anything I say, you call my points shallow without backing it up.

But whatever. Have a nice day. Come up with something substantial to counter me next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    This is a false equivalency that doesn't take facts and action into account.
    It's not a false equivalency. How would you feel if it was Hillary portrayed as MODOK? What would happen to Jason Letour's career if he did that? Would it even have made it past editorial in the first place? Would the artist want to draw Hillary or Bernie in such a light?

Consider all of this. Now consider the consequences to Letour's career due to turning Trump into MODOK: zero.

Note that I'm not advocating for consequences to Letour's career. He's allowed to write what he wants. Hell, Spider-Gwen is the only Marvel title I still read regularly. I don't have to like his creative decision and that's that.
    Last edited by macattack; 07-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.

I find it interesting that out of all the people to call out it would be your fellow Republican, and that you don't actually refute anything I say, you call my points shallow without backing it up.

But whatever. Have a nice day. Come up with something substantial to counter me next time.

It's not a false equivalency. How would you feel if it was Hillary portrayed as MODOK? What would happen to Jason Letour's career if he did that? Would it even have made it past editorial in the first place? Would the artist want to draw Hillary or Bernie in such a light?

Consider all of this. Now consider the consequences to Letour's career due to turning Trump into MODOK: zero.

Note that I'm not advocating for consequences to Letour's career. He's allowed to write what he wants. Hell, Spider-Gwen is the only Marvel title I still read regularly. I don't have to like his creative decision and that's that.
    As MODOK ?, if anything she is the Superior Iron Woman.

i dont dislike modok or anything but if the don becomes president i think marvel will make him into a bigger villain like thanos or galactsu

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    As MODOK ?, if anything she is the Superior Iron Woman.
    I would consider her Granny Goodness personally...

Mighty Member

If Hillary said that our military should kill the families of suspected terrorists, then I would call it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    In what era were comic books ever subtle? We are talking about the same company that turned Nixon into a super villian. Subtlety was never their norm.
    That's actually subtle. You dont even see his face. You based what he is on the words which dont actually clearly state who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    It's a better portrayal than he deserves. He's openly supported killing innocent people, for crying out loud.
    Yeah, you got to do this like Obama.

"Hey! We killed at least one...... possible bad guy in that drone strike."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Trump literally said he would try to overturn gay marriage, force our military to commit war crimes, weaken libel laws so it's easier for rich people to sue newspapers and wants to ban an entire religion (which would require a religious database).

He's as close to an actual real life super villain as we have seen in a long time.
    He also wants to throw the children out of country who were born here just because their parents were undocumented immigrants, has no problem making fun of physically disabled people and doesn't even denounce KKK.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I laughed but let's leave this sort of politics out of comic books. This kind of attack dogging and real world mockery simply turns the story into a gimmick buy rather than a quality read, at least in my view, and could be taken as an admission that the writer had to resort to Jerry Springer style controversy to sell their work. On top of the whole Cap is a Hydra agent thing, I am a bit disappointed in Marvel right now.

Captain America punched Hitler on the cover of the very first Captain America comic book. Politics in comic books has and always will be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Captain America punched Hitler on the cover of the very first Captain America comic book. Politics in comic books has and always will be a thing.
    Superhero comics exist to inspire people, so social commentary will always be a thing. Usually I find endorsements silly, regardless how much I actually think Obama was one of the best presidents in the White House, that Spider-Man issue idea was kinda silly. With that said, if there's one guy that deserves to become a comic book villain and be mocked in comics and literally everywhere that guy is Trump. Not living in the US doesn't mean that I don't have a dog in this fight, Trump represents literally everything that is wrong with politics in the World right now, and that's alarming because he is obviously worse than Bush and Bush Jr., and that's a very hard accomplishment. Hopefully, Americans won't let him win the elections because if he does, not just the USA is screwed, but the whole world too. This lunatic can't be allowed the chance of becoming America's version of Hitler.

Amazing Member

It's fair. After all, Marvel has been parodying Hilary (Maria Hill) for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Kane View Post
    It's fair. After all, Marvel has been parodying Hilary (Maria Hill) for years.
    Not sure if serious but uh... no, that's not the case at all.