Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBuzzkill View Post
    It's a sad day if this is Tom Hiddelston's last turn as Loki. Marvel's screenwriters haven't been particularly good when it comes to villains. It might be because Hiddelston could read from the phone book and make it sound charming and monstrous, but the MCU absolutely has to come up with another great villain going forward. They could try and throw money at Fox to get Dr Doom, Galactus, or Kang as their next overarching villain. They could use Namor who, now more than ever, could be furious with the surface world for what we've done to his oceans. For the sake of the MCU, a great "big bad" is going to have to be found. Good luck
    I think Cate Blanchett as Hela has a good chance at being a great villain. Urban as Skurge and Goldblum as Grandmaster are also quite promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that Caiera is involved. Heck, even Jarella-- I'm not hung up on having the Microverse-planet backstory.
    Barring that, then Bruce/Hulk can hopefully have a romance with an Asgardian woman.
    I hope hiroim gets brought in somehow. A korg like creature was already in Thor 2. Hiroim was the stand out for me from Planet and WW Hulk. So bring him in on this in some small role. Since planet Hulk will never really happen

Quote Originally Posted by rwe1138 View Post
    Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that Hiddleston said he'd be down for being Loki in a future Doctor Strange film since he and Cumberbatch are old friends.
    If he does appear in Dr Strange, in the future, it'll be a good vehicle to have Loki showcase some real spell-weaving, rather than just the illusion stuff we've already seen.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    If he does appear in Dr Strange, in the future, it'll be a good vehicle to have Loki showcase some real spell-weaving, rather than just the illusion stuff we've already seen.
    That be nice since they are very vague on Loki abilities. They call it magic in one breath and then say magic and advanced tech are one in the same in the next. Either way what Loki does seems to be unique to him among the Asgardians. So seeing his magic explored in a Dr Strange movie sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Why can't Thor (Chris Hemsworth) be in the running for James Bond as well?
    Because he's not English/ British. Simple.

Extraordinary Member

maybe I should drive down the road tomorrow and loiter around the Village Road Show studios looking for any bits of info
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComiCop View Post
    He's not Scandanavian either.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I think Cate Blanchett as Hela has a good chance at being a great villain. Urban as Skurge and Goldblum as Grandmaster are also quite promising.
    You want a Queen, you call in Cate. Elizabeth I, Galadriel, Hela... She's your go to gal for queenliness

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComiCop View Post
    So all the James Bonds have been English/British? I thought Piece Brosnan was Irish/American?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    So all the James Bonds have been English/British? I thought Piece Brosnan was Irish/American?
    Brosnan is indeed Irish, and of course Connery is a proud Scot. Lazenby was Australian, though his brief one movie tenure is often overlooked.

But I believe the point being made is that the actor traditionally calls home somewhere in the UK.

Extraordinary Member

Not too keen about the humour.

Niffleheim

Odinson and Sakaarson in one story i don't think i'll mind some funny moments. The Ragnarok & Planet Hulk arcs calls for some levity.