Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Like with M-day spell, the X-gene doesnt activate.
    1. The Terrigen Mist is not a spell -- it's a biological affliction.
    2. What part of "immune to the effects of the mist" did you not understand?
    3. Can you name one instance where the Terrigenesis process has been scientifically, or medically reversed?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-04-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The real problem is every writer wanting to do the villains as "shades of grey" character instead of out right villains. That works for someone like Magneto and even Emma Frost to and extant, but then they started doing it with EVERY x baddie until there was pretty much none left. They are not really worrying about creating alot of new one because of the whole movie rights thing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Dark Riders were defeated way too easily in UXM. :/ Still happy Bunn brought them back.
    Still, they did manage to kill Elixir....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Can you name one instance where the Terrigenesis process has been scientifically, or medically reversed?
    Reed once created Anti-Terrigen.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

My query was not a declaration... Moreover, assuming that mutantkind is now sterile due to the Terrigen Mist -- how does that prevent mutant babies from being born (at all) to baseline human couples if they are immune to the effects of the mist?
    No one said it did.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The real problem is every writer wanting to do the villains as "shades of grey" character instead of out right villains. That works for someone like Magneto and even Emma Frost to and extant, but then they started doing it with EVERY x baddie until there was pretty much none left. They are not really worrying about creating alot of new one because of the whole movie rights thing.
    Well, there is the Avengers and the Inhumans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    No one said it did.
    I disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Well first of all, that's not the deal right now. Mutants are dying and everyone that survived the Terrigen Mists are sterile outright. No babies at all.

1. The Terrigen Mist is not a spell -- it's a biological affliction.
    The Terrigen Mists are actually a mist. Humans don't get M-Pox or go into Terrigenesis, they still breathe in the substance, same as the other oxygen breathers on Earth-616, they are not immune to that. It's in their bodies, which is bad news for their mutant babies.

I disagree...

The mutants are the ones that cant have babies at all, the normal humans can still have normal babies.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That's more my problem. Racism isn't logical, but how do the average joe bigot know who's a mutant, and be right about it, neatly all the time?
    It works say in a world where 80-90% are human and 10-20% are mutant. With those with powers only being mutants. In the Marvel Universe everyone and anyone without fail can pinpoint a mutant imo. Put the human Torch, Firestar and some other fire based powered character. Not only would they know Firestar is a mutant. They also ignore that the Human Torch is more inhuman looking. It's Marvel clusmy heavy handed poorly written attempt at racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Sometimes. But I remember many instances, going back to the Claremont days, where people did NOT know they were interacting with mutants, but once they found out--however they did--they were filled with hate. The hatred of mutants is both illogical as all racism is, but also somewhat predictable in that mutants are said to be the next step in evolution. Sometimes mutants themselves publicly state they're the "next stage in evolution," which can't be helpful when it comes to promoting acceptance. Claremont used this dramatically in UNCANNY #199, when Magneto and Kitty are at a Holocaust Memorial meeting in Washington DC, and people who knew Max in the camps, and knew Kitty's grandmother, are friendly and happy to see them, until Mystique and Freedom Force invade and announce that Max is the "Magneto" and a mutant, and Kitty is one too. The victims of bigotry became overcome with fear and consequently hatred of mutants.
    I get your point and would agree if mutants were the only characters with super abilities. Yet non-mutants because they don't announce their superiorty over the human race. In some cases looking less human than a mutant seem to be given a free pass. What's more frigtehening than a 10ft talk orange rock that is the Thing. To me if they really wanted to properly explore the issue of racism. The writers should have targeted both mutants and non-mutants. Send the Purifers after the FF4 or Spider-man. Have some rogue elements of the american government send Sentinels against the Black Panther to acquire more if not all the Vibranium. Your example is a good one as well. My main issue is that not all the people should have turned against Mag and Kitty simply for being mutants. I would have had some of the survivor overlook them being mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    The humans of Marvel earth are usually portrayed as not being particularly able to tell the difference when a mutant looks like everyone else. Which is why some mutants just want to "pass" and be left alone to live their lives. Things like Decimation and the Terrigen Poison Gas cloud are particularly tragic because it forces mutants to segregate themselves, even when they don't want to. Thus increasing their vulnerability to attack.
    It depends on the writer. Either they don't recognize them. Or somehow they can sense a mutant. It's even worse when they are written as having no survival instinct towards hating mutants. That's right try and run over the mutant with control of Magnetism and wonder why he is easily crushing the car. Get in the face of the mutant who just casually bent a steel girder in half. That's showing them what humans are made off. I get they want to show humans displaying bigotry. They would be running away. The average person is not going to pick a fight with a mutant. Not unless they are outnumber and have weapons imo..
    Last edited by sureshot; 07-04-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The reason is that "shades of grey" characters tend to be more interesting. 98% of outright villains in the Marvel Universe are written as one dimensional, psycho, sociopathic clowns with a 24/7 anti-(insert hero and or superhero team name) obsession. It's like steal stuff, harm or smash stuff, casually injure and/or kill a bystander or hero. Sometimes more than one. Show little to no remorse. One, twice, three times it's interesting imo. After that boring, stale, been there read that on to more interesting shades of grey character. Beyond Apoc, Magneto (when he goes full villain), Mr. Sinister, Doctor Doom. How many other outright villains stand out. As the writers will just rinse and repeat the above. So I can't blame the writers for doing more grey characters. As they really are unable to write interesting outright villain characters imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

The Terrigen Mists are actually a mist. Humans don't get M-Pox or go into Terrigenesis, they still breathe in the substance, same as the other oxygen breathers on Earth-616, they are not immune to that. It's in their bodies, which is bad news for their mutant babies.
    Sterilize (Sterilization) by definition means: to deprive a person or animal of the ability to produce offspring. Case in point... If mutant humans and baseline humans can still (after exposure to the Terrigen Mist) give birth -- even if only to offspring that will lack the X-Gene -- they're (by definition) not sterile.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-04-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Sterilize (Sterilization) by definition means: to deprive a person or animal of the ability to produce offspring. Case in point... If mutant humans and baseline humans can still (after exposure to the Terrigen Mist) give birth -- even if only to offspring that will lack the X-Gene -- they're (by definition) not sterile.
    How long i know, the mutants are the only one sterilized.

I agree. So when they did use the word sterile, you and I can assume the meaning was that mutant humans will never have babies again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    The mutants are the ones that cant have babies at all, the normal humans can still have normal babies.
    Which leads me back to a question I asked (which was answered) earlier... Is there any instances where Terrigenesis process/mist affliction was negated or reversed and the answer was Reed Richards "Anti-Terrigen" formula (See: Marvel two in one #72). The compound that Richards created was effective at neutralizing Maelstrom powers -- but, Maelstrom was an Inhuman to start with. So, is Marvel gonna pull another "Phoenix" out of it's hat to reignite the X-Gene? IMHO this entire arc was a colossal failure which can only end with a time travailing "No more Terrigenesis Bomb", spell.

I agree. So when they did use the word sterile, you and I can assume the meaning was that mutant humans will never have babies again.
    Nothing about this arc (or the lastest rehash of Secret Wars for that matter) makes much sense at this point
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-04-2016 at 05:05 PM.