Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Villain redesign

How would you reboot/alter/redesign a lame Batman villain who would it be and how would you go about changing them?

I did some of these on the thread http://community.comicbookresources....as-the-Big-Bad

KGBeast/The Beast: Former KGB agent Anatoli Knyazev immigrated to Gotham City and became a mobster. With his metal prosthetic of his right arm he struck fear to his enemies and to some of his fellow allies he quickly became a top crime lord.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee: Twin serial killers who always know what the other one is thinking is when one of them doesn't finish their victim the other one will finish it no matter what, and they are join by Tweedledie and Tweedledo'h lol. To me they could be a combination of Uncle Fester from the Addams Family and the twins from The Shining (come play with us).

Egghead - A political elitist who thinks he knows whats best for Gotham and everthing that happens in Gotham needs to go by him kind of like Batman looking over the town. Or have James Gordon Jr. become Egghead after becoming Mayor of Gotham (instead of his father in some worlds) and turns Gotham into a police state having Batman being hunted down, blowing up Arkham Asylum, and strict punishment for criminals.

Bruno (from The Dark Knight comic): A woman who believes she is the reincarnation of a WWII Nazi who found his way to Gotham City and became a serial killer who preyed on people with Jewish ancestry (could work on a personal level with and Bruce and Kate).

Not really a villain but this idea came to me and it was kinda creepy:
    Bat-Mite: A stalker of Batman who creates new villains for Batman to fight, the creepier the better in his mind. Also he is such a fan of Batman that he turns his appearance into a young Bruce Wayne wearing a home made Batman costume which makes a good foil for Batman a child who loves horror movies, violent video games, and the creepiness of Gotham City and its serial killers unlike Bruce who was traumatized by it. Or making it creepier have a child call himself Bat-Mite who puts himself in danger so Batman can save him which goes to the point of hero worship of pure delusion.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 01-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Kite Man: Is an actual kite.

What? That's scary.

Oh and have a mime cause mimes are evil.

Extraordinary Member

Cluemaster: NOT a Riddler knock off, and actually kind of a reverse of his old M.O., since every modern appearance has him dropping it. Now, Arthur Brown is a laid-off teacher of forensic science, complete with a PH.D., but also horrible people skills and a slight alcohol problem. His title of Cluemaster comes from his ability to clean up any crime scene, leaving no clues but the ones that he or his employer want. He used to work with Riddler to ensure that only Nigma's riddles could solve the crime, but again, because he's a horrible people person, the narcissist threw him out. Now he's his only fairly clever criminal mastermind.

Bad Samaritan, KGBeast, and NKVDemon: All reorganized as international mercenaries. Bad Smaaritan commands them, and his two best agents take the code names, which are relics of the Soviet era and still have some major street cred because there's only ever the two men active and they spread a certain mystique about themselves. Bad Samaritan is generally a voice on a phone, while KGBeast is an old, calm and calculated veteran who's survived encounters with several superheroes and bigger supervillains, while NKVDemon is a young upstart who specializes in infiltration as compared to KGBeast's more brute force approach.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Cluemaster: NOT a Riddler knock off, and actually kind of a reverse of his old M.O., since every modern appearance has him dropping it. Now, Arthur Brown is a laid-off teacher of forensic science, complete with a PH.D., but also horrible people skills and a slight alcohol problem. His title of Cluemaster comes from his ability to clean up any crime scene, leaving no clues but the ones that he or his employer want. He used to work with Riddler to ensure that only Nigma's riddles could solve the crime, but again, because he's a horrible people person, the narcissist threw him out. Now he's his only fairly clever criminal mastermind.
    Are you familiar with The Eraser?

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Bad Samaritan, KGBeast, and NKVDemon: All reorganized as international mercenaries. Bad Smaaritan commands them, and his two best agents take the code names, which are relics of the Soviet era and still have some major street cred because there's only ever the two men active and they spread a certain mystique about themselves. Bad Samaritan is generally a voice on a phone, while KGBeast is an old, calm and calculated veteran who's survived encounters with several superheroes and bigger supervillains, while NKVDemon is a young upstart who specializes in infiltration as compared to KGBeast's more brute force approach.
    I also think the Bad Samaritan and the KGBeast have potential.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Not really a villain but this idea came to me and it was kinda creepy:
    Bat-Mite: A stalker of Batman who creates new villains for Batman to fight, the creepier the better in his mind. Also he is such a fan of Batman that he turns his appearance into a young Bruce Wayne wearing a home made Batman costume which makes a good foil for Batman a child who loves horror movies, violent video games, and the creepiness of Gotham City and its serial killers unlike Bruce who was traumatized by it. Or making it creepier have a child call himself Bat-Mite who puts himself in danger so Batman can save him which goes to the point of hero worship of pure delusion.
    Actually really like this idea, makes a lot more sense than an annoying childish being from another world taking an interest in Batman. Makes me think of a sinister take on a young Syndrome as an even more fanatically demented Incredi-Boy.

Riddler: He's sane. I can't stress that enough. Would essentially make him into Jigsaw from the Saw franchise, with his riddles coming in the form of grotesque test and complicated traps designed to ironically reflect his victims' flaws. Riddler himself would very rarely lower himself to actually murdering anyone himself, with the majority of his victims failing to correctly guess the answer to their riddle and succumbing to their respective traps or being killed off by competing victims. As with Jigsaw even correctly solving a riddle could leave the victim maimed or psychologically traumatized in ways that would forever haunt Batman for failing to save them earlier.

The Heretic: I feel like the movie Batman: Bad Blood did a lot really fix this character and actually make him someone worth giving a damn about, that being said I feel like distancing him from anything to do with Talia could benefit him a great deal. Given what he is I feel that James Gordon Jr. would be the perfect candidate to take on the mantle of the Heretic, he readily identifies with the moniker and stands in direct opposition to everything Batman and his family stand for. Modeling himself after the Dark Knight for the purpose of destroying everything he's built and accomplished in Gotham seems like a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

I always wish Bane was kept more true to his first appearances. His beginnings as an unwavering, intelligent strategist were awesome, and then he turned into a roid raging lunatic. He had so much potential, IMO.

Wish he was given a proper re-boot.

Killer-Croc: If it weren't for his affliction, Waylon would be just another two-bit crock. He's not massively crazy, nor massively stupid. Just unremarkable but regularly bunched in with the Arkham inmates due to his monstrous appearances. He killed Jason Todd's parents in his boistorous younger days. He's neither proud of what he did nor remotely interested in changing his ways, he has a massively high pain tolerance and ability to regrow his limbs and tail, which all make it impossible for unforgiving, grudgefilled Jason to ever get revenge on him in any satisfactory manner. Waylon assumes the man behind the Bat mask is much like himself, born with an physical affliction that left him monstrous or incapable of just being part of the normal society and is never humbled in the least for being bested by him.

Astonishing Member

The Firebug

Since Firefly has become Gotham's pyromaniac, I would take Firebug in the other direction.

I envision her as a anti-heroine firefighter; she would be a lot like Red Hood in her sense of justice.

Of course, her focus would be on arson...when she's not combating conflagrations.

Incredible Member

Red Hood: Rather than bring back Jason Todd would just make him an adult Damian Wayne following the following the events of Batman: Son of the Demon. Having grown up in the middle east after the death of his adopted parents were killed Damian grows up in a warrior in a war torn land, gaining the necessary skills to survive and seeing the worst humanity has to offer. With the only hint of his true heritage being the bat-medallion left with him at birth Damian eventually finds his way to Gotham where he quickly deduces his linage as the heir apparent of the Dark Knight, thinking he was abandoned for being weak he adopts the mantle of the Red Hood and begins systematically hunting down Batman's rogues and amassing an empire in a misguided attempt to prove himself to his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Actually really like this idea, makes a lot more sense than an annoying childish being from another world taking an interest in Batman. Makes me think of a sinister take on a young Syndrome as an even more fanatically demented Incredi-Boy.

Riddler: He's sane. I can't stress that enough. Would essentially make him into Jigsaw from the Saw franchise, with his riddles coming in the form of grotesque test and complicated traps designed to ironically reflect his victims' flaws. Riddler himself would very rarely lower himself to actually murdering anyone himself, with the majority of his victims failing to correctly guess the answer to their riddle and succumbing to their respective traps or being killed off by competing victims. As with Jigsaw even correctly solving a riddle could leave the victim maimed or psychologically traumatized in ways that would forever haunt Batman for failing to save them earlier.

The Heretic: I feel like the movie Batman: Bad Blood did a lot really fix this character and actually make him someone worth giving a damn about, that being said I feel like distancing him from anything to do with Talia could benefit him a great deal. Given what he is I feel that James Gordon Jr. would be the perfect candidate to take on the mantle of the Heretic, he readily identifies with the moniker and stands in direct opposition to everything Batman and his family stand for. Modeling himself after the Dark Knight for the purpose of destroying everything he's built and accomplished in Gotham seems like a great way to kill two birds with one stone.
    Let's take a moment and appreciate the irony of these sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Kite Man: Is an actual kite.

What? That's scary.

Oh and have a mime cause mimes are evil.
    Theres is a villain named Mime actually - http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Camilla_Ortin_(New_Earth)

Actually I could see Kite Man and Roxie Rocket as Xtreme Sports addicts who try to one up each other in crimes and stunts.

Also I would redesign Film Freak to look like the Nostalgia Critic - https://www.youtube.com/user/achannelthatsawesome
    Last edited by Mutant God; 07-05-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Magpie- Margaret Sorrow experiences an experiment similar to the one inflicted on her in Beware the Batman; it enhances and exacerbates her physical abilities and her obsessive and kleptomaniac tendencies. The change up here is that Margaret Sorrow was selected by Higo Strange to be an experiment; based off his hypothesis that Batman unknowingly creates extraordinary individuals, Strange wanted to see if he could one-up Batman. So he intentionally tried to create a more powerful and "perfected" version of Catwoman. When Selina Kyle figures this out, it freaks her out.

Bane- Not so much a redesign, but definitely a repackaging. Bane has had the Venom tubes surgically placed below his skin to make them less vulnerable, while his Venom addiction has reached a near-critical point: he can still use it, but he is already in near constant pain that gets made worse when his Venom is activated. To off set this, he has taking to using aerosol anasthetics, but not in the permanent way of TDKR. Instead, his armored mask comes equipped with a supply to use in conjunction only with Venom, while he uses a hi-tech inhaler when not suited up, and generally avoids using Venom at all. This mean that when not active in combat, he is razor sharp in his focus and meditation, while every time he gets into combat he starts off with no drugs at all, showcasing his skill and intelligence, while getting down right taciturn when on Venom and the anasthetic.

Bane, Continued.,-And, to kind of go with this repackaging of Bane himself, Santa Prisca gets an overhaul. Instead of just being a run of the mill drug-money Bananna Republic, Santa Prisca is a wholly unique island nation defined by the prison of Pena Duro. It never had quite enough farmland to support a major populace, but it came with a natural area for a mercenary prison employed by the island's regime and foreign governments, which has existed there since the 1800's. It used to just be nearly inescapable; now under Bane, it is. However, the most dangerous inhabitants are used by Bane as his personal army; he generally employs the, to go make him money as mercenaries or conquer smaller criminal fiefdoms, and he only deploys them directly when he's engaged.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 07-05-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Really like Mutantgod's idea for KGBeast and Godisawesome's ideas for Bane, shame Bat writers just want to write Joker over and over to really give other villains much thought beyond a filler arc or fodder roles.

Astonishing Member

Theres is a villain named Mime actually - http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Camilla_Ortin_(New_Earth)
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one who remembered her.

Actually I could see Kite Man and Roxie Rocket as Xtreme Sports addicts who try to one up each other in crimes and stunts.
    That's brilliant! They then would both be great foes for Nightwing.