Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Firefly: Opening scene: a police blimp over Gothan (it’s Gothan. Of course the police uses blimps and not helicopters). It explodes. Fire falls down the city. Just after that, police cars start to blow up in flames. Two, three, four. Then, the homes of key figures of GCPD suffer from huge fire. The boys and girls in blue are cornered. Afraid. Low-lives use this to unleash a crime wave on Gothan. We see the Bat-Family with hands full, trying to keep the city safe. The arsonists attacks continue to plague the forces of law and order. Last page. We see Gordon going to the roof, approaching the Bat-Signal. He flicks it in. Big explosion. Gordon is badly hurt. In front of the flames, we see the silhouette of Firefly. Continues next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookNoob View Post
    What I like about this idea is that then Batman still has to deal with never avenging his parent's death. So is it worth being Batman if he can't even stop his parents's murder from terrorizing other people? His reason for being Batman is still out there and Batman can't stop him
    Actually, I was going to have Etrigan The Demon destroy the evil spirit with young Bruce looking on, after running back to Crime Alley to gain answers as to what happen, and then having Etrigan tell Bruce it takes a monster to destroy the true monsters which influences Bruce decision to become the bat but your path sounds cool.

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Actually, I was going to have Etrigan The Demon destroy the evil spirit with young Bruce looking on, after running back to Crime Alley to gain answers as to what happen, and then having Etrigan tell Bruce it takes a monster to destroy the true monsters which influences Bruce decision to become the bat but your path sounds cool.
    Just as dope man
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Once again, I'll trot out my Eraser redesign: Wears a yellow pin-striped suit and pink crew cut instead of the old school Eraser costume. His MO is mostly the same: Is a cleaner, removing all forensic evidence from scenes for a cut of the profits. He's not a violent crook, a robber or a costumed loon, just a guy with a very specific skillset making a living on the wrong end of the law. Like a more blue collar Carpenter.

Getaway King: Remake him as an ace getwaway driver. Real flashy, Fast & Furious stuff. It's not about the loot for him, but the thrill of the getaway. So much so that, in a utilitarian move, Batman hires him as a Batmobile driver as part of a rehabilitation wing of Batman Inc. Think about it: Some villains don't really care about which side of the law their on. Why not harness their skill sets for good use?

From the previous linked thread,I find MajoyHoy's Kite-Man idea oddly good. As a minor threat, there's always room for schmucks like Kite-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Once again, I'll trot out my Eraser redesign: Wears a yellow pin-striped suit and pink crew cut instead of the old school Eraser costume. His MO is mostly the same: Is a cleaner, removing all forensic evidence from scenes for a cut of the profits. He's not a violent crook, a robber or a costumed loon, just a guy with a very specific skillset making a living on the wrong end of the law. Like a more blue collar Carpenter.

Getaway King: Remake him as an ace getwaway driver. Real flashy, Fast & Furious stuff. It's not about the loot for him, but the thrill of the getaway. So much so that, in a utilitarian move, Batman hires him as a Batmobile driver as part of a rehabilitation wing of Batman Inc. Think about it: Some villains don't really care about which side of the law their on. Why not harness their skill sets for good use?

From the previous linked thread,I find MajoyHoy's Kite-Man idea oddly good. As a minor threat, there's always room for schmucks like Kite-Man.
    Why isn't this a common thing in street level comics?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I love this idea.

I was going to change him into the Blue Pencil so he can edit crime scenes but your idea is better.

Firefly as an artist who sets things on fire and proclaim it as beautiful pieces of art until an alternate art museum tell him its to dangerous to display so he sets the museum of fire and proclaim its his most beautiful masterpiece yet! but he is still driven to make more and better "art".

BANNED

Just want to interject, I always loved this design of the Scarecrow from The New Batman Adventures cartoon:

I kinda prefer this look, which Bruce Timm referred to as a look like "a rotting corpse" in the commentary, over the stringy, stitched, literal Scarecrow look they always do. Scarecrow should actually be scary.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Just want to interject, I always loved this design of the Scarecrow from The New Batman Adventures cartoon:

I kinda prefer this look, which Bruce Timm referred to as a look like "a rotting corpse" in the commentary, over the stringy, stitched, literal Scarecrow look they always do. Scarecrow should actually be scary.
    by far my favorite design for that character.

I like the literal Scarecrow look better, it comes from one origin story of him actually being scared of crows and dressing as a scarecrow was a coping mechanism. Also its a good foil for Batman: Wayne dresses up as his fear while Crane dresses up as something that beats his fear.

BANNED

I like the literal Scarecrow look better, it comes from one origin story of him actually being scared of crows and dressing as a scarecrow was a coping mechanism. Also its a good foil for Batman: Wayne dresses up as his fear while Crane dresses up as something that beats his fear.
    I've read Scarecrow's Year One story, I get why they go with that look. But it's simply not intimidating or even remotely scary. I guess it's different when people see him under the influence of his fear-toxin.

I just like the Leatherface-style look up there a lot. Would LOVE to see Capullo draw it!

I really liked Tim Sale's take on Scarecrow in Haunted Knight too; it's the patchwork Scarecrow look, but still quite creepy (even Nolan got him looking eerier onscreen in Begins). Can we at least agree he should look creepier?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    by far my favorite design for that character.
    Having Jeffrey Combs, the actor from Re-Animator, do Crane's voice in that episode "Never Fear" was a perfect touch too. Scary, monotone, quietly intense.
    Last edited by Metamorphosis; 08-06-2016 at 08:49 AM.

I've read Scarecrow's Year One story, I get why they go with that look. But it's simply not intimidating or even remotely scary. I guess it's different when people see him under the influence of his fear-toxin.

I just like the Leatherface-style look up there a lot. Would LOVE to see Capullo draw it!

I really liked Tim Sale's take on Scarecrow in Haunted Knight too; it's the patchwork Scarecrow look, but still quite creepy (even Nolan got him looking eerier onscreen in Begins). Can we at least agree he should look creepier?

Well sure he could look creepy Scarecrows have appeared in horror movies as a source of creepiness and Crane wants to represent the meaning of Fear, I'm just saying I like the mental symbolism of Crane's fear in the Scarecrow costume.

BANNED

Well sure he could look creepy Scarecrows have appeared in horror movies as a source of creepiness and Crane wants to represent the meaning of Fear, I'm just saying I like the mental symbolism of Crane's fear in the Scarecrow costume.
    I get what your saying. I also think Scarecrow is very apt as a character for a horror-inflected redesign.

Some other examples, as points of reference, from some movies:

Scarecrows (1988)

Also, the killer David Cronenberg portrayed in the movie Night Breed (1990), Dr Decker:

Killer Croc - As a gang banger, nicknamed Crock for his lies and untruthful stroytelling, who friends and him get lost in the sewers. After couple of days of hunger and willing to survive Croc kills his friends and eats them. When rescuers find him he is dubbed by the police "Killer Crock", but many others believe the "cannibal gangbanger" to just be an urban legend and full of crock. (A little shoddy story telling but you get what I was going for right?)
    Last edited by Mutant God; 09-02-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Another alternate universe idea:

Psycho-Pirate: An emotionally withdrawn criminal/mobster who learns how to psychologically control people from his time in Arkham Asylum with Joker and Hugo Strange. He gets the name "Psycho-Pirate" after he mentally bullies several criminals and businessmen into giving him what he wants.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 09-17-2016 at 04:54 PM.