Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I feel like I have a laundry list of these, but I'm having a little trouble remembering them all. Usually I reserve my thoughts about dramatic revamping (of costume, never really thematics) for like, the Z-List.

But one that stands out to me is "The Eraser", from the sixties "New Yellow Oval" period. The guy's name is Lenny Fiasco - fantastic name - and he was like, what, Bruce Wayne's roommate or something? He has a major connection as a friend of Bruce's from youth, but he goes by The Eraser and in full ridiculous silly mode dresses like a yellow No. 2 pencil with an eraser for a head/mask. That's daffy as hell. But the notion that an old close friend of Bruce's, is a dapper, showy consulting criminal who "erases" the evidence for other criminals is gorgeous, and the notion that he might've educated himself at the same university as Bruce in criminal investigation/crime scene studies, but uses that knowledge-base to make life almost impossible for the dark knight detective is just utterly great.

I'd pay homage to the silly pencil costume by having him have a special "crime scene erasing" hazmat-type costume, that's yellow, and having him wear a lot of sleek gold suits and stuff. He'd be so rich, too, that the only reason Batman could solve the cases is because of the happenstance/luck that Bruce Wayne just happens to know the guy personally. Batman can't solve the case, without Bruce Wayne, because Lenny sees Bruce as a dilettante who wasted his criminology education by becoming a rich playboy and charity fundraiser.

I mean, he'd be the B-villain probably, in an arc about the criminal who was criming the big crimes and using Eraser to get away with them, whether that be a gangster or major villain or something. But a total thorn in Batman's side.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Once a villain in the Batman 90s cartoon and gave it a more realistic take for an alternate universe:

Clock King - A compulsive counter who is always counting the seconds in a day is hired by other villains to keep track of time on robberies and to count long it takes Batman to take down criminals

Another weird idea here:

Joker's Daughter: A small cute child with blond pigtails wearing a pretty white church dress who after attending church with her family grabbed a butcher knife and murdered her family, when the police made their way into the home they came upon her with an eerie red smile painted on face, which one cop said that it reminded him of The Joker, with her mother's blood and saying that she did something very naughty while giggling a small child's laughter.

BANNED

Bane needs to dump venom and start using miraclo if DC wants him to use drugs so badly. Not as if Hourman will ever be a thing anyway, might as well have Bane kill him and take it.

I absolutely can't bare Poison Ivy - she's rubbish!

I would re-invent her as an Eco-terrorist extremist. I'd play down the 'seductress' angle but keep the immunity to poison and the toxic skin. I'd have her act more as a saboteur and assassin with poison as an MO.
    I'd definitely get rid of the silly man-eating plants and stuff although she may well use extremely powered up versions of toxic plants as general security around her base of operations.
    She wouldn't wear a green swimsuit.

There are some villains that will never NOT be lame ... and there's nothing wrong with that. You need the occasional lame villain. They provide a nice breather in between serious storylines or can be a quick throw-away at the start of an issue when you just want to have Batman beat somebody up real quick before moving onto the main storyline.

I think Condiment King and the Kite-Man would do well to imbrace their lameness. They're not interested in robbing banks or hurting people. They're the supervillain equivalent of internet trolls. They would much rather dumb a ton of cream corn on the batmobile than they would rob Gotham's Priceless art museum. A good plan of their would involve stealing Batman's pants and upload the video of him fighting crime in his underwear to whatever the supervillain equivalent of Youtube is.

I'd make Condiment King the boss of the two with Kite-man as his sidekick/whipping boy.

Calendar Girl - Has a an Evil Queen from Snow White complex and is preoccupied with destroying all stereotypical or perceived "beauty" around her; art, architecture, humans, etc. Commentary on our beauty-obsessed culture. She knows it's judgmental and fleeting, so she just speeds up the process.

All-New Member

Oh my god yes. The dig that kind of riddler rebirth!

Some ideas:

The merging of Dr. Hurt and Dr. Gotham with some Deacon Blackfire - Simon Hurt is an explorer and doctor in the 1500s who comes to the New Land (America) to build a city and is met by the Miagani Tribe who take him in and teach him their ways. Simon learns magic from the Miagani Shaman and in turn he teaches them science but after the tribe learned that Hurt intends to takeover their land so he can create a city that endorses the horrors of mankind, sinning, and flat out madness they try to banish him but uses the magic he learned from them to murder them all and buries their bodies way beneath the land in a cave but gets trapped in a cave thanks to a surviving member. Many years later the land has turned into Gotham City and Hurt is still alive, thanks to the dark magic, where he slowly poisons the water with his tainted magic blood and turns it into a chemical called Lazarus

Deacon Blackfire - An old con artist who creates a Christian extremist doomsday cult

Dr. Death - Indian doctor Jabah (The name of Dr. Death's original assistant) has an obsession with life and death, studies the Lazarus Pit and the chemicals in it, and is Ras al-Ghul's doctor. He also likes to talk how a person died and wants to hear the description of every part of it.

Lincoln March - A sleazy yuppie and politician who wants power and control of Gotham. More of an antagonist then villain.

The Eraser - A mercenary who works for the Court of Owls who hires him to clean up any crime scene/mess to make sure there is no trace of them to prove they exist.

An alternate take on Duela Dent/Joker's Daughter/Riddler's Daughter...etc: A girl with split personalities who is committed to Arkham Asylum for a night but ends up meeting many characters and after each character leaves an effect or an impression on her it leads to another personality that thinks they are the daughter of the character.

Personalities/Characters includes: Duela Dent, Jess Terr, Veruca Cobblepot, Amber Lynns, Jane Wayne, Blair Crane, Megina Nashton, Batul al-Ghul, Yolanda Jones, Alice Tetch

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Theres is a villain named Mime actually - http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Camilla_Ortin_(New_Earth)

Actually I could see Kite Man and Roxie Rocket as Xtreme Sports addicts who try to one up each other in crimes and stunts.

Also I would redesign Film Freak to look like the Nostalgia Critic - https://www.youtube.com/user/achannelthatsawesome
    Extreme sports? Now i want sportsmaster back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Another weird idea here:

Joker's Daughter: A small cute child with blond pigtails wearing a pretty white church dress who after attending church with her family grabbed a butcher knife and murdered her family, when the police made their way into the home they came upon her with an eerie red smile painted on face, which one cop said that it reminded him of The Joker, with her mother's blood and saying that she did something very naughty while giggling a small child's laughter.
    And saying; "i didn't mean to."

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Extreme sports? Now i want sportsmaster back.
    XLD - Xtreme Legion of Doom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And saying; "i didn't mean to."
    I don't know, its very creepy but just hearing her giggle and not saying a word is just as, if not more so, creepy lol
    Last edited by Mutant God; 06-16-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I feel like I have a laundry list of these, but I'm having a little trouble remembering them all. Usually I reserve my thoughts about dramatic revamping (of costume, never really thematics) for like, the Z-List.

But one that stands out to me is "The Eraser", from the sixties "New Yellow Oval" period. The guy's name is Lenny Fiasco - fantastic name - and he was like, what, Bruce Wayne's roommate or something? He has a major connection as a friend of Bruce's from youth, but he goes by The Eraser and in full ridiculous silly mode dresses like a yellow No. 2 pencil with an eraser for a head/mask. That's daffy as hell. But the notion that an old close friend of Bruce's, is a dapper, showy consulting criminal who "erases" the evidence for other criminals is gorgeous, and the notion that he might've educated himself at the same university as Bruce in criminal investigation/crime scene studies, but uses that knowledge-base to make life almost impossible for the dark knight detective is just utterly great.

I'd pay homage to the silly pencil costume by having him have a special "crime scene erasing" hazmat-type costume, that's yellow, and having him wear a lot of sleek gold suits and stuff. He'd be so rich, too, that the only reason Batman could solve the cases is because of the happenstance/luck that Bruce Wayne just happens to know the guy personally. Batman can't solve the case, without Bruce Wayne, because Lenny sees Bruce as a dilettante who wasted his criminology education by becoming a rich playboy and charity fundraiser.

I mean, he'd be the B-villain probably, in an arc about the criminal who was criming the big crimes and using Eraser to get away with them, whether that be a gangster or major villain or something. But a total thorn in Batman's side.
    Put him in a yellow suit with black stripes and make him bald.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Put him in a yellow suit with black stripes and make him bald.
    Good ideas.

How about a blue suit with black stripes? Blue Pencils were used to edit.

Never mind. I forgot Jody Garland's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Once again, I'll trot out my Eraser redesign: Wears a yellow pin-striped suit and pink crew cut instead of the old school Eraser costume. His MO is mostly the same: Is a cleaner, removing all forensic evidence from scenes for a cut of the profits. He's not a violent crook, a robber or a costumed loon, just a guy with a very specific skillset making a living on the wrong end of the law. Like a more blue collar Carpenter.

Getaway King: Remake him as an ace getwaway driver. Real flashy, Fast & Furious stuff. It's not about the loot for him, but the thrill of the getaway. So much so that, in a utilitarian move, Batman hires him as a Batmobile driver as part of a rehabilitation wing of Batman Inc. Think about it: Some villains don't really care about which side of the law their on. Why not harness their skill sets for good use?

From the previous linked thread,I find MajoyHoy's Kite-Man idea oddly good. As a minor threat, there's always room for schmucks like Kite-Man.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 06-17-2017 at 04:49 PM.