Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Mutant God was killing it in this thread though. A couple of gold nuggets.
    There are quite a few gems in this thread.

Mutant God was killing it in this thread though. A couple of gold nuggets.
    Thank you but I think their diamonds, way above gold (lol)

Reminds me of Cheetah (Barbara Minerva).
    Guess your right, I just think it would be fun to combine Berry's Catwoman and Kitt's Catwoman but I'm not sure if should be mystical/magical or just psychological like the Arkham type, or maybe both

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Johnny Witts reappeared in the pages of Harley Quinn.

He moved from Gotham and became a real estate agent...corrupt, of course.

I didn't read the story, but this is as good an update as any.

I was thinking about Witts being more like the anime character Lupin the III, give him his own heist crew to be foils to the Bat-Family, with an over the top heist plan.

Riddler

So, I really enjoyed Paul Dano's Riddler, and I wanna mix both that version and the comics version into each other. Here we go...

Edward Nashton is an adviser and assistant to Phillip Kane(just like Zero Year.) While Phillip is the public face, he orders Ed to dirty work for him, like finding out the companies enemies in the business worlds dirty laundry, or making sure a few business deals go unnoticed. But Nashton's tired of the corruption and bullying he has to endure under Phillip. After Phillip orders Ed to contact the local Red Hood Gang and scare Bruce into not wanting to get into the company, and they nearly kill Bruce, Phillip berates Ed and promptly fires him. Ed contacts the Red Hood Gang, has them kill Phillip and begins his track into becoming Riddler.

Just like the movie, he gathers an online community of those tired of the wealthy and elite, and kills many of the socialites in Gotham. Instead of hands-on crime though, he makes little death traps and uses his henchmen to do his dirty work, with riddles to lead the Batman and police on to his master plan which is to cause an electricity blackout, cause chaos and take over Wayne Tower to show a statement. He fails, Batman wins, yadda yadda. Over time, as more villains pop up, Edward starts to be taken as a joke. He's basically one of the butts of the Gotham rogues. Frustrated, he decides to become an unofficial broker between the various gangs of Two Face, Black Mask, etc. All the crime lords basically. He lets people see him as a joke, while getting info on Gotham's criminal underworld and their dirty little secrets. He lets Batman beat him up and see him as a shadow of his former self, a broken weak man. He's waiting to show them all just how dangerous he can really be...

Extraordinary Member

Hellhound

A mysterious, laconic, and very determined mercenary who rides the line between “blue collar criminal” like the Flash’s Rogues and the obsessive madmen of Arkham, Hellhound’s skill level and strength *should* mean he’s an also-ran among Dc’s many mercenary villain, and he usually only takes contracts on modest enough targets to make him seem self-aware; he’s never taken on a contract for a major superhero or villain, usually just cleaning up henchman or amateur vigilantes.

…But he’s so damn relentless, and so damn successful that he’s actually frequently subcontracted by guys like Deathstroke and Amanda Waller because he’s almost never failed, and a few times, he’s actually been smartly employed to run down the locations of “name” heroes and villains like a hunting dog.

…And then Catwoman got a bounty on her head from some international villain with more money then sense, and it was just too tempting to Hellhound, who took it, and now is an exhaustingly relentless and troublesome pursuer of Selina. He’s not much more dangerous than her, but it’s enough that she knows she’s better just escaping him… but he won’t stop pursuing her, even when he should be dead.

And since he took the contract, he refuses to relinquish it; it’s always at least his side hustle.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Once a villain in the Batman 90s cartoon and gave it a more realistic take for an alternate universe:

Clock King - A compulsive counter who is always counting the seconds in a day is hired by other villains to keep track of time on robberies and to count long it takes Batman to take down criminals
    I like the niche...instead of Clock King, I would have his former henchwoman Millie Second take this role.

Astonishing Member

I would like to update the Batgirl foe, The Wrapper. I like his shtick of wrapping people in wrapping paper. Fun at parties...

I would rename him The Wrapster.

I would give him a partner, Ribbon.

She would be the brains behind his crimes.

dc-batgirl-18-p002.jpg
    The Wrapster

roberta1x-1.jpg
    Ribbon
    Last edited by scary harpy; 08-14-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Theres is a villain named Mime actually - http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Camilla_Ortin_(New_Earth)

Actually I could see Kite Man and Roxie Rocket as Xtreme Sports addicts who try to one up each other in crimes and stunts.

Also I would redesign Film Freak to look like the Nostalgia Critic - https://www.youtube.com/user/achannelthatsawesome
    Cameo.jpg
    Camilla Ortin

Since Mime & Marionette are popular villains, ...well, more popular than Camilla...I would rename Camilla to Cameo...which was her stage name anyway.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 08-14-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Baby Doll (with some influences from Mad Hatter and children's toy Barbie): A controlling bulimic perfectionist businesswoman who gets violent when not getting her high expectations achieve on what shes wants: her (dream) house, her (dream) boyfriend, her (dream) life. Also willing to go to extremes to look perfect in every way.
    Mutant God, that is a great idea for the name Baby Doll.

I have other ideas for this character:

076-BD.jpg

First, I will rename her Dolly.

Next, I will take inspiration from her Fun Haus episode cameo:

07.jpg
    She was an actual doll...and a bomb.

I would make her a ventriloquist dummy - haunted, of course.

Her ventriloquist...Peyton Riley.

17a7cb1303354fea2c4906ce6d648d2d8e122344_hq.jpg

Inspired by the haunted doll horror genre, Dolly would create 'bad luck' for Peyton's opponents.

Astonishing Member

Whatever we feel about the Adam West Batman show, it has been on the airwaves across the world for over 50 years.

I propose to update some of those henchwomen/molls into villainesses in their own right.

• Candle Moth (Moth): Candle & Wax themed villainess.
    • Lydia Lettrure (Lydia Limpet): Book & Library themed villainess
    • Pauline Peril (Pauline): Silent Movie themed villainess
    • Millie Second: time themed villainess
    • Cornelia: key & vanity themed villainess
    • Chickadee: smoking & smuggling themed villainess
    • Anna Gram: puzzle themed villainess
    • Glacia Glaze: cold & ice-skating themed villainess
    • Bets Bold (Betsy Boldface): sports themed villainess
    • Undina (Undine): beach & sea themed villainess
    • Lady Fogg (Lady Prudence Fogg): fog themed british villainess
    • Ms. Clean (Miss Clean): cleaning themed villainess
    • Emeraude (Emerald): 50s/60s sci-fi themed villainess

Astonishing Member

https://batman-detective-maestro-deep-cut-dc-comics

...featuring the modern reinvention of a Silver Age villain not seen since a story from 1962.

Batman sneaks into Blackgate to speak with Payne Cardine, aka the Maestro!
    Last edited by scary harpy; 08-25-2022 at 03:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Lockup

I’d base the general idea off this one detail: the “Lockup” name was not specific to Lyle Bolton originally, but the name of a club/policeman’s fraternity/police gang that connects together a collection of cops, sheriff’s deputies, and prison guards, with close connections to the GCPD Union.

Some of them are the classic dirty cops of Gotham, but others, and particularly the ones close to Bolton, are the more everyday type of corrupt - not taking bribes, but going on power trips, brutalizing suspects, provoking resistance so they can attack or arrest people they don’t like, with all sorts of racist, sexist, homophobic, and other such nasty implications. Bolton himself is regarded as a bit of an idiot muscle-head by the other members of the Lockup crew, but in actual fact it’s more that they are so comfortingly assured by his bad case of denial and conspiracy mindset that they overlook the fact he’s a disturbing genius for a lot of SWAT Tactics, traps, prison design, and other such police militarization stuff. He failed the psyche eval, not the IQ test.

And when the Lockup crew goes down to Batman and Gordon, Bolton escapes the initial sweep because he’s only a prison guard and thanks to his denial, doesn’t actually conspire with the other overt criminals in the group.

What makes him terrifying is he’s a fanatic pissed off at Gordon and Batman for attacking “the blue”… and he’s got connections and support from other GCPD officers and even the Union, and not just the dirty ones - a lot of the rank and file support him because they know Gordon is willing to reject and eject even regular corrupt cops.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm not big on redesigns so much, but The Penguin is one character who's comic origin (which is kinda weak) came late into this publishing history (Best of DC Blue Ribbon Digest #10 (1981)) and his origin is kinda lacking even to this day. For years, I thought I didn't like the Batman Returns's origin for Penguin, but recently, I've come around to thinking some elements really fit.

The Penguin origin: The Cobblepots were a fading declining "old money" Gotham family, a somewhat founding family perhaps even. His low key quiet fadingly wealthy parents had Oswald, but his physical characteristics rendered him an outcast basically in his family (kinda like Tyrion Lannister in relation to House Lannister). There is a core unsolved vague mystery to Oswald's life: his parents' untimely death. Oswald bristles at talk about it, did he or didn't he, you never ever know or even come close to finding out, it's a cloud forever hanging over Oswald's life. Little is much mentioned of their deaths or especially the details. You're not so sure how closed the police's case is of it or not. So the lonely Oswald, who had an affinity for birds, gradually responds to his isolation with brooding and bitterness, and that gradually drives Oswald to a life of crime, but true to his background, he brings some class and style to his otherwise brutish or thuggish criminal career.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-30-2023 at 10:44 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Let me hit you with one of the most obscure of the obscure.

Slasher.

He appeared in one issue back in 1990 for three pages.

With the name "Slasher", I'd want to play into the horror angle. I see him as more along the lines of a modern Scarecrow and would give the two characters a bit of a rivalry. While Scarecrow is far more Edgar Allan Poe and Hammer Horror, Slasher is far more Wes Craven. He wants to bring a reign of fear and terror by way of bloody deaths. The tormented and picked on geek is a good angle for an origin. He's good with tools and created the transforming multi tool/weapons he wears.

Also his design needs tweaking, but just a little. Give the mask a slight more horrific look and throw a little ragged cloak over the guy. Let him look more like Phantasm or the Grim Reaper.

The Terrible Trio are 3 of Jace's prep school classmates who become corrupt power brokers for the rich and powerful.

Scorn is Danny from the Blue Wall miniseries while Wrath is Ezekiel King from Jace's Fear State tie in.

Danny is a second generation Latino American who snaps under the pressure of being a Hispanic cop in Gotham.

Ezekiel King creates a group called the Moral Authority. They believe in government hoaxes and rich people run the world conspiracies.

So I thought Wrath and Scorn would be good names for them.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-01-2023 at 08:56 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Let me hit you with one of the most obscure of the obscure.

Slasher.

He appeared in one issue back in 1990 for three pages.

With the name "Slasher", I'd want to play into the horror angle. I see him as more along the lines of a modern Scarecrow and would give the two characters a bit of a rivalry. While Scarecrow is far more Edgar Allan Poe and Hammer Horror, Slasher is far more Wes Craven. He wants to bring a reign of fear and terror by way of bloody deaths. The tormented and picked on geek is a good angle for an origin. He's good with tools and created the transforming multi tool/weapons he wears.

Also his design needs tweaking, but just a little. Give the mask a slight more horrific look and throw a little ragged cloak over the guy. Let him look more like Phantasm or the Grim Reaper.
    I like these ideas (as far not retconning his one appearance, ideally for me, but revamping him for these other hypothetical modern appearances). Say he escaped from prison/Arkham at some point and is back in Gotham with a new look. I would caution a bit against the ragged cloak only because you don't want him compared too much to Phantasm/Reaper. And I greatly fear the cloak with the horrific mask would do just that. But also, you don't want him looking too much like Marvel's Crossbones villain either, so it's a conundrum.

Maybe a more horrific mask with a ... touch of Michael Myers (or Voorhees) in terms out a coverall-ish or workmanlike look, but keeping the arm devices (the thinking being if he's to be compared with someone, at least it won't be an existing comic book villain, but instead he's a more overt nod to one/two great slashers).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-01-2023 at 08:46 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”