Super Moderator

Default "Star Wars Rebels" Producer Hints at Future Movie Tie-Ins

An expanded universe reborn? A recent interview with Lucasfilm continuity group member suggests "Rebels" characters could tie-in to core series.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

The writer for Rogue One is writing a couple of episodes of Rebels, so I'm not surprised by this.

Not to mention the rumor that spoilers:
    Admiral Thrawn will be the Big Bad of season three
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Ahsoka please.

Incredible Member

On top of the Rogue One writer writing a couple Rebels episodes, they've also confirmed a character from The Clone Wars will be appearing in Rogue One.

It seems like since everything is pretty much being done in house, Lucasfilm is making sure that everything they do actually feels like it's set in the same universe, with connections and references abound. While I don't ever see something major like say The Force Awakens transpiring in a book or comic series, Lucasfilm seems much more put together at connecting their universe and making sure everything truly feels connected as compared to the MCU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    On top of the Rogue One writer writing a couple Rebels episodes, they've also confirmed a character from The Clone Wars will be appearing in Rogue One.

It seems like since everything is pretty much being done in house, Lucasfilm is making sure that everything they do actually feels like it's set in the same universe, with connections and references abound. While I don't ever see something major like say The Force Awakens transpiring in a book or comic series, Lucasfilm seems much more put together at connecting their universe and making sure everything truly feels connected as compared to the MCU.
    MCU is a mess you have Movies/ ABC tv shows/ Netflix Tv Shows and you don't know what's connected with what.... smh

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Supposedly this is Forest Whitaker's character; he's playing an older version of the brother from the Onderon episodes.

Do it with Rogue One and explain the AT-ATs.

Cause you already created some canon mess-ups, apparently.

I'm all for tying in elements from multiple mediums, but I think it would be tricky to tie in a cartoon show with a movie. There are just so many different variables between the two and the audiences tend to vary more. But if any show can pull it off, it's Rebels. That show did a masterful job in the second season, bringing Darth Maul and Ashoka into the mix. If they can find a way to tie this show into the movies, I say more power to them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This actually isn't entirely new a concept with Star Wars. Although Boba Fett and General Grievous's debuts were in cartoons, that was when there inclusion in the proper films were already pretty much rock solid.

When Lucas made Phantom Menace though, the Pod Race scenes in particular feature numerous references to the "Droids" cartoon from the 80s, and Lucas included characters and some ships from the EU in both AOTC and ROTS (Most visibly, Aayla Secura, the Twi'lek Jedi created by John Ostrander and Jan Duuresama in the ongoing Star Wars title by Dark Horse).

Why do the AT-ATs need to be explained? Sure, they look different from the ESB walkers, but apparentally they are a different type of walker (AT-CTs) that are used more for cargo (bringing DS supplies perhaps?) than troops (Which the AT-ATs were). Plus we've had multiple walker variants in the films before-not only three different types in the OT alone (The AT-ST in ESB is a slightly different design than it's ROTJ counterpart-the head is much smaller and the legs a bit longer). Plus AOTC/ROTS/Clone Wars had a ton of walker variants as well (As does Rebels).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Do it with Rogue One and explain the AT-ATs.

Cause you already created some canon mess-ups, apparently.
    Why do AT-ATs need to be explained?