Super Moderator

Default "Arrow's" Amell Says Oliver, Felicity Don't Have To Be "Defined By Romance"

Stephen Amell teases what's in store -- or not in store -- for Olicity fans in "Arrow" season five.

Full article here.

Now if only someone told that to CW. Either let them be together or let them be friends. The constant will-they-won't-they crap unfortunately has defined their characters for the past several seasons because CW thinks that's what people want to see. It's gotten predictable and stale.

Yes, a platonic friendship between these two is what this show really needs right now after season 3 and 4. Too bad the fact that the idea was booed and the natural proclivities of the Arrow writing team means it probably won't be the case, ever.

And David Ramsey confirmed during Heroes and Villains Fan Fest that they would be getting back together .

When you kill off a character that was part of a previous main ship and have her last words be a blessing of an unpopular ship, it's pretty clear that unpopular ship will always be the endgame.

Niffleheim

Does Amell even know what they have created? I'm sure the Olicity shippers outnumber Arrow fans so just stop with the lying and do your shit impression of a superhero tv show. Olicity reuniting has already been confirmed by some fangirl who actually got the answer straight from David Ramsey.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-04-2016 at 09:23 AM.

"I think that it’s important to remember that relationships on the show don’t have to be only defined by romance. Oliver and Felicity could have a wonderful, fulfilling, dynamic relationship and not be together, right?”
    I can't believe he made it out of there alive. That brave, brave man.

Amazing Member

It seems like he was talking to all the fans who WEREN'T there LOL

Mighty Member

That comment was met with boos from the audience.
    Olicity is truly the cancer that killed Arrow.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Fantastic Member

“I was chatting with a couple of fans earlier and they were saying there hasn’t been a lot of positivity and reassuring notions when it comes to Oliver and Felicity’s relationship,"

and he only realized this when? after a year or 2 almost? it was already terrible like a month after season 3 started and yet they continued to roll with it all the way until season 4's end. how dense can you get.

anyway im exicited for season 5 still. since we're going to have more comic book characters that they can actually use freely (i think) despite being c or z-listers.

This ridiculous romance is what turned both characters and Arrow itself into a joke. Shame on you Mericle and Guggenheim.

Fantastic Member

Arrow is probably a cautionary tale of when listening to the fans goes wrong. Fans wanted this and they got it

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

I like the relationship, but they don't have to be together.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I wouldn't be opposed to the Lance sisters ending up on Legends after Flashpoint.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison