Thread: Black Magick

Default Black Magick

Does anyone know when this series is due to continue? I was really enjoying it.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It's on hiatus until April next year to allow Rucka and Nicola Scott to do their run on Wonder Woman.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Thanks. That's a long way off.

What? I didn't know that it would take that long, that's annoying.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by caramon View Post
    What? I didn't know that it would take that long, that's annoying.
    Yea it was not something Rucka and Scott originally planned for, but when the Wonder Woman opportunity came up, Scott had to take it. She has been saying for years and years that it was her dream to draw Wonder Woman.

Really enjoyed the story so far, but I am fine with the delay for Wonder Woman. They will do a great job loved Rucka's previous run on Wonder Woman.

Sven in a different thread posted this link for me. http://ruckawriter.tumblr.com/post/1...nd-elaboration
    It was an interview about it.
    Last edited by LordMikel; 07-05-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Yea it was not something Rucka and Scott originally planned for, but when the Wonder Woman opportunity came up, Scott had to take it. She has been saying for years and years that it was her dream to draw Wonder Woman.
    She has already drawn Wonder Woman in a Secret Six arc (pre New52) but it were only for a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Okay I can accept this. I'll have to wait. Never picked up Wonder Woman - won't start now, I need to get my pull list down considerably with the weak £ vs. US$ exchange rate.......

Mighty Member

Wow. Way to bail on readers of this series. I get that it's her big dream and all, so good for her. But since this title is apparently worth so little, I'm out. And I'll be thinking twice about supporting her on future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Wow. Way to bail on readers of this series. I get that it's her big dream and all, so good for her. But since this title is apparently worth so little, I'm out. And I'll be thinking twice about supporting her on future projects.
    Clearly you don't get it because you're still acting all melodramatic about it. Any artist in her position would have made the same choice. The book is still coming. You just have to wait longer.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Clearly you don't get it because you're still acting all melodramatic about it. Any artist in her position would have made the same choice. The book is still coming. You just have to wait longer.
    Still, I can see why a 9 month hiatus would have some people saying piss off to the book.