Spectacular Member

Default TheNexus Ombibuses (better late than never)

Lord what a joy these are. Comics that are meant to be read again. Just finished the issue in No. 3 where Nexus, Judah, Dave and Jaxon stop the Quatros rampage on Mars. What the heck is Jaxon doing with them? As Nexus said, Brilliant. Quatro doesn't kill Quatro. Anybody know if there was a letters page. I'm thinking there was and that it would have been nice to have that included.

Mighty Member

I've been picking up the Omnibi reprinting the series. I was aware of the series, but never picked it up until the reprints.

I haven't been wowed by the writing. It takes a lot of tangents, and I don't like the backups of the supporting characters. But for me, the main draw is the Steve Rude art. It is beautiful. I'm surprised that Marvel or DC didn't scoop him up at the first opportunity.

Spectacular Member

Yes, if nothing else there is Rude's art. He was slated to do the X-Men but I guess nothing happened with that. I have a wonderful picture of the original team that he did it. It is with pre-blue and furry Beast and the they are all in their civilian clothes. It so captures the personalities of the characters. I use it for my PC desktop. I always get asked about it.