Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    So when it is shown her Landing before Clark even gets there and knocks Doomsday off of his feet
    Doomsday was looking at Superman

or when she actually Cuts Doomsday's hand off, and Clark is no where around because he was getting the kryptonite spear, what does that mean then? Oh right....Diana did that on her own and Superman didn't distract Doomsday for her to land a strike.
    But I concede this one

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Well considering WW had been out the game for 100 years I thought she put on a bloody good show! Can't wait until next year when she in her prime (solo) then post-BvS (JL).
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
    I also noticed that after watching the film for the 4th time. I mean how else did she know where Bruce put the device.
    I think she went down there herself for the same reasons as Bruce and coincidentally found Bruce's leech, then borrowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    I think nobody doubts that Wonder Woman has super strength and speed, just not on par with Superman, I ctrl+c ctrl+v'ed a quote from Snyder that should've squashed all doubts regarding where she stands in the chain of command, and she wasn't shown to be on par with him in this film. Furthermore, history shows that with the exception of the X-Men, the MVPs in ensemble superhero movies are always White Men and Wonder Woman's not gonna buck the trend by the looks of it

In my opinion, Snyder did a piss-poor job of showing off what Wonder Woman can do in this scene, so much so that enish had to go make a microscopic frame-by-frame analysis. I agree with much of what BiteTheBullet said, it was very dark which along with the breakneck pace made the scene very difficult to follow let alone enjoy. And then they kept shifting the focus to Lois Lane which totally deflated whatever momentum they'd built…Well by the end of the movie I was very-- not satisfied

Also the shield cushioned all the blows she took from Doomsday, pretending otherwise is preposterous, and I noticed she couldn't land a strike unless Superman distracted him, so much for "being the best fighter in the dcu", she certainly didn't look it. We didn't even get to see Wonder Woman spin the lasso, instead it came out of nowhere…Nothing about this cameo was offensively horrible but also nothing about it was good, and that's what's so frustrating about Wonder Woman
    She's been out the game for 100 years. Of course she is going to rely heavily on her shield and sword, her fighting skills are obviously going to be rusty, ala Batman in The Dark Knight Rises when he vs Bane in the sewer and that was him only after 8 years! That is what makes her fight with Doomsday more impressive.

I think Pamp_Lusa is being unfair here, because Superman does not fare better than WW does in the battle against Doomsday.

None of his attacks were in any way efficient against Doomsday. He did flew DD onto the ground right after WW threw him in the air, but it was a team work. Granted, there even was a shockwave effect, but WW stayed in the vicinity and she was unaffected by it. After that he kept being tossed away like a fly.

Ultimate Member

I just rewatched the fight today and, she does most of the work. Superman spends most of the fight getting thrown around like a rag doll, and Batman is ducking and running most of the time. She's the one who does most of the actual damage, and is only overpowered eventually because Doomsday absorbs energy and gets stronger the longer that the battle goes on. Also, he can regenerate as well.

As an aside, hey Bruce. You remember that cool battle armor that you built specifically to fight a Kryptonian. Umm, that might have come in handy in a battle against a creature who's part Kryptonian. At least more so than your regular not armored costume anyway.

I was a fan of the fight sequence but I remember hoping WW would do something awesome like hurl a tank, just a great display of raw strength, and it wasn't until the third time I watched BvS in theaters that I realized she'd sliced a car in half with her sword. So cool! I mean, on one hand I like the kinetic vibe of the final fight but it does help to watch it multiple times...and even slowing it down helps catch cool details. At least for me.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    She's been out the game for 100 years. Of course she is going to rely heavily on her shield and sword, her fighting skills are obviously going to be rusty, ala Batman in The Dark Knight Rises when he vs Bane in the sewer and that was him only after 8 years! That is what makes her fight with Doomsday more impressive.
    So......your theory is she is 'rusty'? If it has been 100 years since WWI, you are assuming she never kept in practice or gone back to Themyscria from time to time. That, because she is rusty, she needs a shield and all will be well? Sorry to inform you, but the shield is going to be a mainstay of her costume for the time being. They are trying to incorporate these elements in the comics as well as the animated pieces she has been in.

Also, if she is the best fighter the world has ever seen, why do you think she would be rusty? Does she all of a sudden lose her will to practice or lose the ability to fight?

If she is rusty as you surmise because she hasn't done anything for the past 100 years, then I think this is not the Diana I would want to see. But then again, the rusty argument is a very shaky one and it's one that I don't believe in. I would think most people here wouldn't like this argument either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I just rewatched the fight today and, she does most of the work. Superman spends most of the fight getting thrown around like a rag doll, and Batman is ducking and running most of the time. She's the one who does most of the actual damage, and is only overpowered eventually because Doomsday absorbs energy and gets stronger the longer that the battle goes on. Also, he can regenerate as well.

As an aside, hey Bruce. You remember that cool battle armor that you built specifically to fight a Kryptonian. Umm, that might have come in handy in a battle against a creature who's part Kryptonian. At least more so than your regular not armored costume anyway.
    I agree with the observations about the fight, Diana is the one thats doing most of the actual fighting after the trinity comes together while Superman spends most of the time getting thrown kicked and punched around... not to mention Diana had to compensate for him flying off to get Lois and the spear. And it's kinda the same story before that with Superman, Doomsday is pretty much the one doing all of the punching before Superman takes them both out for US sponsored nuclear bbq.
    Whenever Diana was over-powered... I have to say I dont think she was anywhere near the ropes, she took a battering and a blasting, but at the end of the day she was doing more damage to Doomsday than it was doing to her, while it was quite clear Superman was feeling the punches he was taking.

But I have to say about that armor... I think Bruce was secretly glad he wasn't in that suit when Doomsday showed up, simply because there would be no way for him to avoid taking a hit from either the heatvision/explosion or be on the recieving end of Doomsday's spiky fist... a Doomsday who, unlike Superman, isn't even entertaining the thought of going easy on him.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Was Wonder Woman flying at some point?

Here's the sequence that got me thinking, it is right after she used the shockwave attack for the second time:

1)Attachment 37609

2)Attachment 37610

3)Attachment 37611

What do you think?
    Agreed. I thought it was pretty obvious she was flying, or something visually identical, several times in the fight.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Hello everyone,

I thought I might start a thread in which we could discuss the fight sequence of Wonder Woman vs Doomsday, things we might have missed and details on which we can have a better view now.

Personnally, there is this scene from Kal-El's point of view. I have always wondered why Doomsday would send debris on Wonder Woman before launching onto her, but it turns out it was not debris, Doomsday was throwing Wonder Woman herself onto the ground, from which she recovers quite quickly.
    Here are some screen caps of the sequence:

First I thought he was sending some debris, or maybe a car at her, but I've replayed the sequence a couple of times, and with a better resolution, It turns out that it is in fact Wonder Woman he is throwing:
    Attachment 37606

The thing in the circle is her:
    Attachment 37607

It looks like she made some acrobatic moves to recover and then jumped right at Doomsday:
    Attachment 37608

I would have posted a video, but I'm not sure to what extent it is illegal to extract a portion of a movie so I thought I might stick to screen caps for now.

For those who still doubt about WW's power in BVS, this sequence proves that she's more than capable and is indeed very powerful and a match to Superman.
    Superman got thrown away several times, and he did not recover as fast as Wonder Woman did. Some might say that her shield absorbed most of the shock, it might be true.

But If one of us were holding a shield to stop a car, we would be crushed anyway, so no matter how durable a shield may be, if the person holding it cannot withstand the amount of energy, it is pretty useless.
    Favorite post!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm not sure about whether she's flying or not. As far as I'm concerned, the best evidence that she can fly comes from the part where she swoops in and knocks Doomsday's leg out from under him with her shield. She appears to skim along the ground in a very unnatural way. For my money, it looks like she was somehow defying gravity there. Well, that or she had rollers in her boots

As far as power levels go? Diana shows four strength displays and several durability displays.

For strength?

1.) Doomsday throws a car at her and she slices it in half easily. Some might argue that it was the sword doing the cutting and not Diana. This is incorrect. Physics states that it doesn't matter how sharp your blade is, if you can't apply the pressure needed to break the surface tension and draw the blade through the substance in question you're not going to cut it. All those comic book scenes where Wolverine cuts Hulk with his claws? Nonsense. It doesn't matter how sharp those claws are, Wolverine needs to be strong enough to pull them through Hulk's flesh. Hulk's flesh laughs at bullets, artillery shells, and missiles: all things that can do far more damage than Wolverine's muscles. Hence? Wolverine can't cut Hulk no matter how sharp is claws are.

Give Diana's sword to Batman and invite HIM to cut a car in half, and he won't be able to do it. At least not in one clean swipe like Diana did. It was Diana's strength that allowed her to cut that car in half.

2.) She blocked Doomsday's punch with her sword. Physics says that Diana would have to exert equal or greater force against Doomsday's arm in order to stop it like that. Hence? She exerted enough force to stop a punch from a creature that was knocking Superman around with ease. There is no reason to assume Doomsday threw a weaker punch at Diana. Doomsday is a rabid animal. Pretty much every strike he throws can be assumed to be as strong as he can manage because he is ALWAYS going for the kill.

3.) She cut off Doomsday's hand. See Example 1. Doomsday's flesh survived a nuclear blast, bullets from Batman's plane, and multiple punches from Superman. For Diana to cut through flesh that tough (again, with a single clean strike) would have required her to be extremely strong indeed.

Once again, Batman could not have achieved the same feat

4.) And she held Doomsday immobile with the Lasso for several seconds. Sure, she lost her grip eventually, but Doomsday was getting stronger by the second at that point. Some might argue that it was the Lasso holding him, but that makes no sense. Why would Diana have to brace herself against the ground and haul back on the rope if the rope was doing all the work of keeping him immobile?

Durability? She took several punches from Doomsday and SMILED at him after one of them. Some have argued that Diana didn't survive those impacts, it was her shield doing all the work. This is also impossible. At one point, we see Doomsday punch her out of midair as she leapt (flew?) at him. In that situation, her shield would've been no defense at all. With her feet off the ground, the shield would not be able to brace against anything. Even if Doomsday DID punch the shield, it wouldn't have been able to properly absorb the impact. If anything, the punch would've pushed the shield back at Diana, causing her to smack herself in the face with her own shield.

We also saw Diana take a heat vision blast from Doomsday immediately after she cut off his hand. She did not have her shield at that time. That was after she lost it in the fight. So unless Diana got her bracelets up in time to intercept the blast, then she took that blast full on and wasn't hurt by it.

Speed is a little harder to gauge. Diana definitely came flying at Doomsday at pretty extreme speeds. When she rushed at him at one point, you can hear a faint "Whoosh" sound and a slight blurring around her. In movies and TV, these effects almost always denote some degree of superhuman speed is at work. So it's pretty obvious that she's fast. How fast? Unknown. We may have to wait until the JL movie so we can see how her speed compares to Flash's speed.

The important thing about this fight? Diana went toe-to-toe with a monster that could survive nukes and an onslaught from Superman. At no point did she appear hurt or even tired from her exertions. At the end of the fight, she wasn't even dirty or cut or bruised. She looked for all the world like she could've gone another ten rounds with Doomsday, and it's important to remember that this may very well have been the first major fight she'd been in for the better part of a century. This was a "rusty" Diana we saw. In future movies, when she will no doubt be getting into even better fighting shape? She's probably going to be even MORE formidable.
    Second favorite post.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy that she's rusty. She said she gave up on Mankind for 100 years. That doesn't mean she wasn't doing anything for 100 years, hence why she wanted to get her photograph back. She just wasn't in the forefront like she was when she first appeared, she just prefered to stay in the background to do what she does, keep the world safe. Remember, she's "Killed monsters from other worlds before"

And she wasn't fighting rusty ether.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, I don't buy that she's rusty. She said she gave up on Mankind for 100 years. That doesn't mean she wasn't doing anything for 100 years, hence why she wanted to get her photograph back. She just wasn't in the forefront like she was when she first appeared, she just prefered to stay in the background to do what she does, keep the world safe. Remember, she's "Killed monsters from other worlds before"

And she wasn't fighting rusty ether.
    Quite true. The rusty theory remains just a theory for now.

Although, she may have "killed things from other worlds" back before the events of WWI, if she really is thousands of years old. Or she may have killed something from other worlds during WWI. I won't be surprised if Apokalips has at least some presence in her movie.

We'll just have to wait and see on this one.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Favorite post!
    Your enthousiasm is always refreshing!

I will post some screens which prove her using super-speed later on!