Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
    I also noticed that after watching the film for the 4th time. I mean how else did she know where Bruce put the device.
    I believe she was actually walking up the stairs when Mercy cornered Bruce in the server-room?

Regarding flight... I dont think we saw anything to confirm she had that ability, Doomsday for instance couldn't fly, but he could jump from the group and to the tip of Lex Corp Towers (tallest building in Metropolis by the looks of it) in a single bound... and he stayed in the air for a considerable amount of time when he jumped after the Batwing. Diana is of the same strength level as he is, so it is possible she simply jumped from the airport and to the harbor.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    As an aside, hey Bruce. You remember that cool battle armor that you built specifically to fight a Kryptonian. Umm, that might have come in handy in a battle against a creature who's part Kryptonian. At least more so than your regular not armored costume anyway.
    To be fair to Bruce, he had to take it off to regain mobility for the warehouse fight, and didn't have much time to put it back on. Plus, it was badly damaged while he was fighting Clark, and it was doubtful it would do much of anything against Doomsday anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    Also i believe it was hinted at that Diana heard Bruce speaking to Alfred during the party
    Almost certainly IMO ... she was far too aware of what Bruce was up to with the device, where to find it and when to snatch it out from underneath his nose for her not to have been "listening in"

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Hello everyone,

I thought I might start a thread in which we could discuss the fight sequence of Wonder Woman vs Doomsday, things we might have missed and details on which we can have a better view now.

Personnally, there is this scene from Kal-El's point of view. I have always wondered why Doomsday would send debris on Wonder Woman before launching onto her, but it turns out it was not debris, Doomsday was throwing Wonder Woman herself onto the ground, from which she recovers quite quickly.
    Here are some screen caps of the sequence:

First I thought he was sending some debris, or maybe a car at her, but I've replayed the sequence a couple of times, and with a better resolution, It turns out that it is in fact Wonder Woman he is throwing:
    Attachment 37606

The thing in the circle is her:
    Attachment 37607

It looks like she made some acrobatic moves to recover and then jumped right at Doomsday:
    Attachment 37608

I would have posted a video, but I'm not sure to what extent it is illegal to extract a portion of a movie so I thought I might stick to screen caps for now.

For those who still doubt about WW's power in BVS, this sequence proves that she's more than capable and is indeed very powerful and a match to Superman.
    Superman got thrown away several times, and he did not recover as fast as Wonder Woman did. Some might say that her shield absorbed most of the shock, it might be true.

But If one of us were holding a shield to stop a car, we would be crushed anyway, so no matter how durable a shield may be, if the person holding it cannot withstand the amount of energy, it is pretty useless.
    I noticed that too. Still miss her flight and Non-Xena-ness though. But extremely glad her bracelets were used

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    I think nobody doubts that Wonder Woman has super strength and speed, just not on par with Superman, I ctrl+c ctrl+v'ed a quote from Snyder that should've squashed all doubts regarding where she stands in the chain of command, and she wasn't shown to be on par with him in this film. Furthermore, history shows that with the exception of the X-Men, the MVPs in ensemble superhero movies are always White Men and Wonder Woman's not gonna buck the trend by the looks of it

In my opinion, Snyder did a piss-poor job of showing off what Wonder Woman can do in this scene, so much so that enish had to go make a microscopic frame-by-frame analysis. I agree with much of what BiteTheBullet said, it was very dark which along with the breakneck pace made the scene very difficult to follow let alone enjoy. And then they kept shifting the focus to Lois Lane which totally deflated whatever momentum they'd built…Well by the end of the movie I was very-- not satisfied
    This worries me a lot with the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. That will heavily feature Johns influence and one horror has already been confirmed: his FLASHPOINT Aqua-wank BS is going to kick off the film. Definitely worried

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Agreed. I thought it was pretty obvious she was flying, or something visually identical, several times in the fight.
    No flight -- just leaping and lunging.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    This worries me a lot with the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. That will heavily feature Johns influence and one horror has already been confirmed: his FLASHPOINT Aqua-wank BS is going to kick off the film. Definitely worried
    Where was that confirmed? It's been hinted that there may be, or may have been, a conflict between the Amazons and Atlantis, but nothing has been officially confirmed. And even if there is such a conflict, that hardly means it'll be anything remotely like the conflict we saw in Flashpoint.

I respectfully suggest that WB is NOT going to show Diana conquering the UK and turning it into an anti-male death camp.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Lol what? The Amazons and Atlanteans are working together to fend of DS.... not fighting each other.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member

BVS DID NOT make her look weaker than Superman. She did most of the damage, which would be obvious if some people would just, you know, pay attention to what's one the screen.
    Last edited by Javier Velasco; 07-07-2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Negative characterization of another poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Where was that confirmed? It's been hinted that there may be, or may have been, a conflict between the Amazons and Atlantis, but nothing has been officially confirmed. And even if there is such a conflict, that hardly means it'll be anything remotely like the conflict we saw in Flashpoint.

I respectfully suggest that WB is NOT going to show Diana conquering the UK and turning it into an anti-male death camp.
    I hope you're right, Vanguard. I really do.

Because just one of those things managed to wipe out my entire crew in under 24 hours . . . oh wait what was I saying?
    Last edited by Stanlos; 07-06-2016 at 06:51 PM.

No flight -- just leaping and lunging.
    I just don't see how, with everything we've seen (like several on screen instances of her controlled flight through the air) anyone one can draw such a definite conclusion. What she's doing looks exactly like flying. Maybe it's the movie verse version of gliding in air currents, but it looks identical to flying.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-06-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

I just don't see how, with everything we've seen (like several on screen instances of her controlled flight through the air) anyone one can draw such a definite conclusion. What she's doing looks exactly like flying. Maybe it's the movie verse version of gliding in air currents, but it looks identical to flying.
    Where did we see her go through the air in anything but a straight line?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Because almost all of us did not see this 'flying' your talking about. Given the fact that Gal herself said she can jump, almost like flying, and the reports of her on horseback going into battle versus using gifts like superspeed or flight would have most of us believe that she cannot fly.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Because almost all of us did not see this 'flying' your talking about. Given the fact that Gal herself said she can jump, almost like flying, and the reports of her on horseback going into battle versus using gifts like superspeed or flight would have most of us believe that she cannot fly.
    At 52 seconds. I'm not going through and finding all of these again (please see previous posts if you want to argue the point) but here's a good example. 52 seconds. Also, during the scene where she is fighting Doomsday in the background of Lois and Clark. Sge flies at him, or glides on air, several times...and it looks identical to flying.

And seriously? Still with the speed and strength thing? We've very very clearly seen both from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-MELvV86g
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-07-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Where did we see her go through the air in anything but a straight line?
    52 seconds. You can also watch the scene where Clark and Lois are talking, and Diana is taking on Doomsday in the background. She flies at him several times. And again, what I said was, what she is doing looks identical to flying...maybe it's the movie version of gliding on air currents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-MELvV86g
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-07-2016 at 05:29 AM.