BANNED

Default quick question about freddy freeman and the multiverse ?

I was hopping someone can help with this. I was looking up freddy freeman on the dc database and noticed that the marvel fam was from earth-s not earth-one. anyway after crisis on infinite earths when some of the universes murdged together to make new earth I noticed something wired. on some of the charactors it will say like on batman's earth one/new earth or under superman or plastic man it will say just new earth ? it says that on freddy freeman's to ? oh and the new gods come from earth - 14 but on orion's page it says earth one/new earth ? whats going on here ? please somebody help ?

BANNED

after the Crisis on Infinite Earths 1984 mini-series all of the Earths was destroyed by anti-matter and the anti-monitor and the heroes from Earth two ( Jay Garrick, Power Girl etc..) and some from other Earths like Earth 3 and 4 ( Blue Beetle, Captain Atom etc..) was merged into one Earth which was called new Earth. At the very end of the Crisis on Infinite Earth mini-series the Anti-Matter 'changed' the history of Wonder Woman (without spoiling too much of the story). Once Wonder Woman history was changed this also had a domino effect on the history of the Justice League at that time which also affected other characters histories like the Black Canary. And then fast forward to 20 years or so later another Mini-series called Infinite Crisis and a year long weekly series called 52 brought back all of the multiple Earths Earth 1, 2, 3 etc..

And this is where the confusion probably comes in. I'm sure that whoever is in charge of editing the dc database probably haven't gotten around to editing every characters profiles correctly. Some of the characters profiles are probably pre-Infinite Crisis or pre-52 (the year long weekly series).

hope this makes sense.

BANNED

Yeah, the people doing the profiles just aren't being consistent with which version of the universe/multiverse they are referencing.