Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Consider me interested

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Well people did say they want a Marvel rebirth title.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

For a second there, I thought Allred was off of Silver Surfer. Crisis averted.

I'm in. The GLA are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, people wre constantly complaining about Marvel not using old characters, instead just pushing new legacy characters. Well, here ya go.
    Nobody was replace by a legacy character (does Squirrel Girl count?), race changed or gender-bent. I thought everybody would be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    What do you mean why?
    Because it very well might have taken the spot of a book that people asked for and were ready to read.

This is a total waste and everyone either knows it or denies it.

This will get cancelled. That will get canncelled, those will get cancelled and these will be cancelled. While this happenes about 20 or so books will remain on the shelves, relaunched at worst case because people will always be interested in reading them.

I'm kinda sick of people having issues with people having issues with a book that's a literal problem in the sector. I don't care how little it matters, but a Rogue solo (I don't know, first thing came into my mind) would sell more and make more people happy and make Marvel happier.

That's all I want, for Marvel to stop trying to appeal a very small crowd and lose their long time readers and lose overall money (not that it matters to them I'm sure) while wasting some great writers and artists on books that won't sell.

I'm really not a bad person that likes to whine a lot guys, I'm really not, I just think what Marvel doing is wrong. Purely wrong.
    If you want to buy it? Cool, I can't force you or even tell you to do anything, just enjoy while it lasts.

I already apologize because I know this post will just make people mad at me, I don't care. I mean I do but I had to say this.

Edit: Too aggressive. Ugh, didn't mean to sound like that.
    I think it could be a hit, truth be told. You say Rogue (for example) would sell more issues than GLA. I would say, Storm (for example), another popular X character, sold like shit, and didn't make very many people happy. At a time when books like Superior Foes or Squirrel Girl last longer than Storm, why not take a punt?

Nobody has to buy it. Marvel should put out books for everyone. Perhaps long times readers can read more Iron Man? Or Punisher? Or X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Man Marvel sure does love that monkey's paw don't they?

Fans: We wanna see Peter and MJ together.
    Marvel: Alright but Doc Ock is gonna be in Peter's body when she confesses her love.

Fans: We want some diversity.
    Marvel: Okay but now we're killing off/depowering recognizable characters and replacing them with these new diverse characters.

Fans:We wanna see some old characters.
    Marvel: Okay Great Lakes Avengers it is!
    That made me laugh so much.

The only thing that interests me is Shriek in the background of the first issue cover.

if ever a mercy killing was needed...

I want to point out Zac Gorman was not responsible for Adult Swin Rick & Morty. He only wrote the first 10 issues of Rick & Morty comics from Oni Press, which I only read one issue and concluded it was mediocre compared to the animation series.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

They became the Great Lake Avengers to be popular.
    Then they renames themselves Lightning Rods in an attempt to leech on Thunderbolt's popularity.
    Then Great Lakes X-Men.

I won't be surprised if they "discover" that they are not mutants anymore, but Inhumans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Doorman a mutant? How did he get his powers?
    He is a mutant (all of them are, apparently, which I thought was the only real "miss" of Slott's run. Just think of all the fun he could have had coming up with actual origins for them).

Well, all of them are mutants except Mr. Immortal. They are all homo-superior, but he's homo-supreme.

Doorman is also a servant of Oblivion, which means he has basically all of Deathurge's powers.

I love the idea for this; I've wanted a GLA series for decades, but I don't know this guy's work. I will have to read some reviews of the Rick and Morty comic to see his sense of humor. I'll give it a couple of issues to see if it clicks though.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

So far the only Marvel NOW announcement that I'm definitely interested in.

This is the best news I've seen in a long time. Love me some GLA.

Extraordinary Member

And yet another announcement that makes sense to me. Squirrel Girl back with the other joke characters (I'm not calling her a joke character to be derogatory; that's just what she was created as) makes more sense than trying to have her on a "real" Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if ever a mercy killing was needed...
    Well, if they havent done that to the X-men, i doubt that they would do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now they sound like the new Unity Squad .
    That's actually a good idea, well, kind-of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Doorman a mutant? How did he get his powers?
    Yep with the exception of the (now-deceased) Dinah Soar, they were all mutants, and for a time they called themselves "GLX" or "Great Lakes X-Men"...until theywere confronted at the Thing's poker tournament in the last issue of Dan Slott's series (They also called themselves the Lightning Rods, piggybacking on the Thunderbolts fame)

Doorman did get a boost in power when he took one Deathurge's abilities....the spiriti of Oblivion (not just death, but the end of "the self") Deathurge could only harm those that had a "Deathurge"...a suicidal tendency a victim has, no matter how repressed.

Deathurge is invulnerable to damage from his target until they shake off their "urge"....and can pull any sort of melee weapon from his Darkforce body, and can fly by pulling forth a set of "skiis"

Writers have reinterpreted Doorman's role though, as he once showed up to help his father into the afterlife after he died from a fall while rigging Christmas lights

Okay, i'm officially wondering what marvel's been smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    And yet another announcement that makes sense to me. Squirrel Girl back with the other joke characters (I'm not calling her a joke character to be derogatory; that's just what she was created as) makes more sense than trying to have her on a "real" Avengers team.
    It's not really her... It's just a squirrel girl stand in- er- stand up.