Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    What the whaaaaaa......?!!??

And I thought there's enough Avengers teams as it is.....
    Now that a Champions title has dropped I suppose Editorial felt this book would fill their Avenger quota of titles.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Marvel clearly thought so.
    red wolf
    black knight
    howling commando's of shield

marvel clearly thought those were good ideas and they died fast

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    red wolf
    black knight

Three titles I bought where not one made it past issue #6

I get Marvel trying out things, I just wish they'd let writers structure a book as a mini instead of saying ongoing and then no subplots ever get followed up on again.
    I'll be shocked if GLA makes it past #6 as well. Few books even get to #12 anymore(Elektra, Storm, Deathlok, Vision).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Three titles I bought where not one made it past issue #6

I get Marvel trying out things, I just wish they'd let writers structure a book as a mini instead of saying ongoing and then no subplots ever get followed up on again.
    I'll be shocked if GLA makes it past #6 as well. Few books even get to #12 anymore(Elektra, Storm, Deathlok, Vision).
    This I agree with, some ideas would make fantastic minis or done in one tpbs but might not have the strength for an ongoing.

Part of the reason I love GLA is great use of mini's and one shots.

BANNED

nobody saw this coming and yet i see more people discussing "Champions" a concept that some saw coming from a million miles away due to how The Teens were being treated on ANAD

if last month you said there would be a great lakes avengers monthly series coming out this year...most would slap you and start telling you to stop being stupid

if last month you said there would be a rebellious teenage super group led by the ANAD Teens spinning out of ANAD Avengers most would at least say that's reasonable given the circumstances

so why is it that the idea you had to be a complete moron to believe is less shocking and news worthy than Teen heroes doing what everyone expected them to

red wolf
    black knight

Marvel (and DC, and Image, and every other publisher on the planet) is clearly not 100% with selecting good ideas and creative teams to publish. However, do you think your record would be as good as theirs? If so, go ahead and send them your resume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Marvel (and DC, and Image, and every other publisher on the planet) is clearly not 100% with selecting good ideas and creative teams to publish. However, do you think your record would be as good as theirs? If so, go ahead and send them your resume.
    better tell that to everyone who complains about this because I'm pretty sure nobody in this thread has worked in the comic book business

I'm all for this idea and this book...however their marketing for the more unique books has been lackluster and if they are serious about GLA having it's own monthly series then they can't just leave it up to the fans to do the hype building for them

too often Marvel/DC Relies Upon the fans to remind people these books exist with little to no output on the matter themselves

and most of the time that results in the books being canned fast

It's about damn time. You got fifty million different Avengers teams I was wondering when these guys were going to show up.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

wow...just read responses on marvel's twitter page to this announcement and here's some of the dumb comments

"is this the tumblr avengers?"

1.that's a stupid thing to even ask and 2.these guys were a team long before tumblr even existed(do people even do research anymore?)

"what the hell is that thing sitting at the table on the cover? is that a feminist nazi?"

*facepalm* i have no idea how to respond to that one

"if you like dwindling sales and people not caring about your comics then yes this is the best team"

better tell that to everyone who complains about this because I'm pretty sure nobody in this thread has worked in the comic book business

I'm all for this idea and this book...however their marketing for the more unique books has been lackluster and if they are serious about GLA having it's own monthly series then they can't just leave it up to the fans to do the hype building for them

too often Marvel/DC Relies Upon the fans to remind people these books exist with little to no output on the matter themselves

and most of the time that results in the books being canned fast
    I told you. Sure, there are people who are complaining, but you're the one making out as if he knows better than Marvel and Disney. Do you have a clue as to what factors into a book selling or not selling? Do you understand what goes on between character, creative team, and format and how each of those affects sales?

You're going on about how the big two "too often rely on the fans ... and most of the time that results in the books being canned fast." I don't think you know what the big two do, or can do as regards publicity. I doubt Marvel can just call up magazines and news outlets and request publicity. Those sites and media publish because they want to. Riri Williams is a story Vogue wanted to use.

Because the majority of books last only a few issues in today's market, anyone can claim it won't sell and have a good chance of being right, regardless of the book. But Marvel (and other publishers) are playing a game closer in odds to baseball where a good batter has barely a 3 in 10 chance of a hit. Managers pick a pinch-hitter and companies select books to publish.

BANNED

i don't think that marvel can magically make the media cover whatever they want them to but i do know that they can at least use their own outlets to try and make a book gain steam(such as their social media accounts and their official website)

you can't just excuse marvel for the times they just randomly tossed out books and just left them to fend for themselves....let's not forget the last new warriors book or fearless defenders that couldn't even form it's team before it was killed

BANNED

well at least Diamond has confirmed for us that GLA's actually coming out in october and it's not a slip up or an error(thank goodness because with all the articles on USAvengers darting between October And December Dates i was worried the same would befall GLA)

BANNED

Tomorrow Zac Gorman will be on the marvel true believers panel talking about GLA

What time is the panel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    What time is the panel?
    it was at 10:00 AM but i haven't seen any articles talking about that panel strangely