Super Moderator

Default WATCH: "The Killing Joke" Trailer Remade to Look (Even More) Like Brian Bolland's Art

An artist has redrawn the "Batman: The Killing Joke" trailer to closely resemble the art of Alan Moore and Brian Bolland's original comic.

Full article here.

Wow, that just looks fantastic.

I've struggled with DC's animated output of late because they aren't particularly interesting visually, I don't feel like I'm getting much of an experience watching them... This guy's take on the trailer is exactly what I would have wanted.

Amazing Member

Wow, that is gorgeous.

I usually wouldn't say this, but I feel like they should redo the whole movie following this as a guide.

I liked that he put the yellow oval around the bat! I really don't understand why they didn't do this in the feature! It just looks off since the bat is drawn in a way that complements being in the oval.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranma1/2 View Post
    I liked that he put the yellow oval around the bat! I really don't understand why they didn't do this in the feature! It just looks off since the bat is drawn in a way that complements being in the oval.
    Bolland re-drew/ re-coloured guess they are respecting that version.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Amazing Member

The thing about both the Bolandization and Animation versions, is that they take the coloring a little too literal, while the original garish colors added, to a certain level, to the chaotic feel of the story. The Bat-Oval and coloring do point the story to a time period, which isn't bad.

The best thing is he has Batman in his proper outfit.

Member in Disguise

Kudos for the effort, but the end result looks like a motion comic, and I was never a fan of those. I understand it's due to a limited animation budget/ access, but still.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.