Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    What early JLA issue #'s did this Secret Society finding out the JLA identities occur in? I'd like to read those along side the final 2 arcs of Pre-Crisis JLA
    JLA #166-168. "The League That Defeated Itself"

Awesome and thank you.

Does "The World without the Justice League" come before Infinite Crisis? Issue 119 says "To be continued in Infinite Crisis #1" (when J'onn is attacked in the watchtower while trying to reform the JLA...again lol)

Incredible Member

Awesome and thank you.

Does "The World without the Justice League" come before Infinite Crisis? Issue 119 says "To be continued in Infinite Crisis #1" (when J'onn is attacked in the watchtower while trying to reform the JLA...again lol)
    Yeah, it does (just barely)

@BatmanJones, I really don't get how you can say Robinson's League was bad, it was far better then Austen's or O'Neil's three issues (I'm talking main JLA, not CRY FOR JUSTICE which I agree is indefensible)

Cheers.

James

The Dark Knight

Can I get by, by just reading the 4 JLA deluxe editions of Morrison's run without DC one million? As I can't afford the omnibus atm.

I wouldn't. Though it was sold as a crossover, DC 1,000,000 is really just part of Morrison's JLA run.

I'm surprised they didn't include it in the deluxe editions.

All done JLA (Morrison to World without JL). I am pumped as **** for Infinitite Crisis BUT... I am going to back track and read JLA Year One and The Nail (and Another Nail) before I go ahead. Just wanna get everything done before jumping into Post-Crisis DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by zep81 View Post
    Can I get by, by just reading the 4 JLA deluxe editions of Morrison's run without DC one million? As I can't afford the omnibus atm.
    DC One Million was awesome. Don't miss out on that.

let us know what you think about Another Nail. i adore Year One and The Nail, but for whatever reason i've never read Another Nail.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Yeah, it does (just barely)

@BatmanJones, I really don't get how you can say Robinson's League was bad, it was far better then Austen's or O'Neil's three issues (I'm talking main JLA, not CRY FOR JUSTICE which I agree is indefensible)

Cheers.

James
    I just found his writing to be grating, across the board, once he came back from his long break from comics. When he was writing Starman I would have killed to read his version of JLA. When he came back though it was like he was another writer, a considerably less sophisticated one, and that plus the Bagley art (NOT a fan of him either) made everything he wrote about the JLA ultra-bad, singularly bad in a way a bad comic normally isn't. I found Robinson's take on JLA to be memorably bad. Yes, those other runs you mentioned were worse but they were also so forgettable that I've forgotten them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    let us know what you think about Another Nail. i adore Year One and The Nail, but for whatever reason i've never read Another Nail.
    I know you didn't ask for my take but here it is: Another Nail is great because it was great to revisit that Elseworld and it was great to have more Alan Davis art. Not nearly the wonder that The Nail was, but still well worth the time and money.

Did Plastic Man ever get his own solo series during his run on JLA?

Incredible Member

Did Plastic Man ever get his own solo series during his run on JLA?
    My memory (which *is* faulty at the best of times!) says no. He had a short lived run by (I think) Kyle Baker which was in an entirely different tone but I THINK that was after OBSIDIAN AGE and Plas' great development in JLA (I always regretted he never had a solo on-going or mini at this time actually)

How are you getting on with your reading now Knight?

That's a shame. Plastic Man was fantastic.

Right now I am done up to Infinite Crisis. But back tracking to Year One and the Nail elseworlds stories. Then full force into Ininite and Post-Crisis JLA up to Flashpoint (which brings me up to date) then it's the JSA!

Incredible Member

That's a shame. Plastic Man was fantastic.

Right now I am done up to Infinite Crisis. But back tracking to Year One and the Nail elseworlds stories. Then full force into Ininite and Post-Crisis JLA up to Flashpoint (which brings me up to date) then it's the JSA!
    You mean the Johns/Robinson JSA? Your in for some treats when you get there (I actually came in with #46but worked backwards).

I haven't got the Nail but I DO have ANOTHER NAIL which I actually really enjoyed.

Whatever JSA was revived during Morrison's JLA run all the way through Post-Crisis. I believe Volume 3 and 4. Geoff Johns did most of it.

Finished Year One. Overall I enjoyed it. I'm not much of a Silver age guy but it was nice to see some JLA roots. Was there a tie in between issues 11 and 12? Issue 12 seemed to jump right to the invasion already happening and other heroes just showing up out of nowhere. I was shocked to see the JLA being funded by Ollie in the end.

Now it's time for The Nail, Another Nail, Joker: Last Laugh (is JLA in this one?), and then finally Infinite Crisis.

I do still need to read Crisis on Infinite Earths and Zero Hour: Crisis in Time. Are there trades available for these?