Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Bullseye and Shadow King come to mind.
    I kind of want to agree with Shadow King. I think if they do a new plot with him and try something new, they can knock it out of the park and increase the character overall.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    She's been a bit hypocritical, overly self righteous and has made some foolish decisions CJ. She hasn't really done anything awful. I've been a fan of Kitty since way back, but I'm not so keen on the Bendis or Aaron versions of the character. She was also very critical of Cyclops's side, then abruptly changed to join him in battle of the atom.
    Thanks for the Info Sea Hound, I have not been following what has been happening in the main X-Books, so I have been curious about this subject for sometime. Not a hit on her character at all, just a generally curiosity to what has been going, this indeed helps out.

Also, what has she been doing lately on Summer's team and why did she all the sudden change sides, I did read the last part of BotA, but did not get what Kitty got at?

SabretoothI like him but does every writer of Wolverine have to use him.

The new Silver Samurai he sucks.

Mr.Sinister

Sentnals the last good story with them was Operation Zero Tolerance.

Sentry Bendis has destroyed him as character.

Also the future Brotherhood needs to go. They stink.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks for the Info Sea Hound,
    Also, what has she been doing lately on Summer's team and why did she all the sudden change sides, I did read the last part of BotA, but did not get what Kitty got at?
    Kitty leaving made no since.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks for the Info Sea Hound, I have not been following what has been happening in the main X-Books, so I have been curious about this subject for sometime. Not a hit on her character at all, just a generally curiosity to what has been going, this indeed helps out.

She followed the 05 to Cyclops's school after BoTA. Her reasons didn't make an enormous amount of sense to anyone to be honest. Most of the dislike comes from the idea that the O5 being here will break time, and she shouldn't have abandoned her friends. I'm not reading much of Bendis's books, but I believe she went to space with the O5 for the trial of Jean Grey, and has started a flirtation with the Starlord.

There's always the worry when Bendis is writing a character you like that she'll come out broken, as you know. Sometimes he does big plot changes, and makes characters behave very out of character, almost out of the blue. Kitty leaving the Jean Grey school wasn't as awful as what he did the Scarlet Witch, but it made no real sense either, and that's why people got annoyed.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 06-27-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    "Self has no time for this."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Villains that need to be permanently removed

Red Skull – lets face it he’s not really relevant in these days and the fact is that anyone can be him if you really think about it, just slap a red skull themed mask on or disfigure said person in the same manner like what happened to Sin and viola instant replacement. Personally I think a Russian Red Skull would be awesome.
    With the rise of political parties like the Golden Dawn, I think Red Skull is more relevant then one would think. However Red Skull is one of those villains who is so evil, you want him get a real punishment, not just a slap on the wrist.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    She followed the 05 to Cyclops's school after BoTA. Her reasons didn't make an enormous amount of sense to anyone to be honest. Most of the dislike comes from the idea that the O5 being here will break time, and she shouldn't have abandoned her friends. I'm not reading much of Bendis's books, but I believe she went to space with the O5 for the trial of Jean Grey, and has started a flirtation with the Starlord.

There's always the worry when Bendis is writing a character you like that she'll come out broken, as you know. Sometimes he does big plot changes, and makes characters behave very out of character, almost out of the blue. Kitty leaving the Jean Grey school wasn't as awful as what he did the Scarlet Witch, but it made no real sense either, and that's why people got annoyed.
    I am glad I was not the only one that did not get the ending to it, I thought it was just cause I was not following it much that I missed something at the end, but just finding scans now on the net, even without the story it seems very spur of the moment, aka a Jump in story with little detail to why it happen.

This is now always my worry with Bendis is that he goes for things like this and he says allot of things to fans to make them happy, but in the books he moves on the other direction. His Fast burns are just terrible and his slow burns I worry about more cause of how he ingrains them into characters, Kitty and Beast being apart of that. Indeed I know the Pain of that work to well, as you said yourself indeed that I know it, well said indeed and having to then dissect its meaning with little to no meaning in it, so indeed just Know I feel you pain Sea Hound of what it is like to read characters you enjoy under Bendis's Pen. =/

Thanks again for the 411 on it, really helps out.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

The hellfire brats all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Sentry Bendis has destroyed him as character.
    Agreed! Bendis started well with the Sentry IMO in the earliest issues of New Avengers, but by Siege I was so done with him.

Carnage, Toxin, etc. (but Venom can stay); Phoenix Force has started to get gimmicky, case in point AvX; and I'm very skeptical about Onslaught's return.

BANNED

Scarlet Witch because she is basically just a tool like the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet etc. for other villains to take control of and manipulate, at this point I think she has been manipulated by every major villain but Thanos and that is probably going to happen eventually. She had one chance to become a amazing character and become a standalone villain after House of M, but Marvel blew it and retconned her into being manipulated once again by yet another villain her character is just pitiful at this point, I feel sorry for her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Scarlet Witch because she is basically just a tool like the Cosmic Cube, Infinity Gauntlet etc. for other villains to take control of and manipulate, at this point I think she has been manipulated by every major villain but Thanos and that is probably going to happen eventually. She had one chance to become a amazing character and become a standalone villain after House of M, but Marvel blew it and retconned her into being manipulated once again by yet another villain her character is just pitiful at this point, I feel sorry for her fans.
    This post just reeks of complete ignorance of the character. Seriously. I'm not being an ass here, or anything.

Wanda's life is so much more than your insinuations here. She's starred in hundreds of stories, of which...five...were about her being manipulated? She's running on par with most other heroes, and lagging behind your average X-man.

It's fine that you have no idea of who she is (and thus, by extension, little grasp of Avengers history at all...given that she's a central part of most of it). No one expects that everyone know and/or love every character. It's not even a remotely possible pursuit, to be honest.

What would be nice though, for a change, is for X-fans to stop spouting this sort of misinformation by wrote. Constantly. It's incorrect. Wanda is not, nor has she ever been, a 'villain'. It's just not the case.

She didn't 'miss her one opportunity to become an amazing character'. She's been an amazing character for decades.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    The hellfire brats all of them.
    but killing the hellfire brats would mean they have to appear in another comic and nobody wants that. Can't we just pretend they never existed

Wanda is not, nor has she ever been, a 'villain'. It's just not the case.
    Not counting the original handful of appearances waaayyyy back when Stan Lee was doing the writing. Even then, her and Quicksilver didn't want to be badguys, they just felt they owed Magneto.