Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Huh. I didn't find this to be any of the things you guys are saying,let alone brilliant, but I'm glad you're enjoying it.
    Last edited by Joker; 07-07-2016 at 08:52 PM.

I think you might be focusing a bit too much on "I just don't understand who's making this and why or who it's for". Someone obviously wants to make some money and keep these properties relevant, so they found some writers/artists interested in doing:

Scooby: kinda like Afterlife with Archie style stuff.
    Raceland: basically Mad Max style parody.
    Future Quest: more traditional take on bunch of properties involving them in a crossover. Similar to what Parker/Shaner did over at Dynamite with Flash.
    Flinstones: social commentary.

Its not like someone is destroying these properties. DC has been, and I think still are, publishing your traditional Scooby comics for years. You know, similarly to how Batman has had rather drastic changes in his style and tone over the years and eventually arrived at spot where most fans are okay with almost any type of Batman story.

I can't believe I bought this comic.

I can't believe I enjoyed this comic as much as I did.

I can't believe I'll be buying the next issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was great stuff! Russell's typical social commentary in terms of the Neanderthals and the overall life in Bedrock was pretty on-point without being overblown.

The best part for me however, was the relationship between Fred and Wilma. The original Fred was always a kinda neglective husband but here he's much more supportive and caring about Wilma and so, you can actually buy that these two are in love, the scenes were they show how much they appreciate each other are pretty touching.

There was even some solid moments of worldbuilding by exploring the civilization and history of Bedrock. This can easily be one of the best DC titles if it continues this way.
    Hey, Fred wasn't ALWAYS Neglective of Wilma in the TV show and he has shown to care about her.

I really liked this. I expected this at best to be "eh, that was ok", but now I'm going to pick up the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I flipped through this with curiosity after the Wacky Raceland debacle... and, it's not that bad, but I just don't understand who's making this and why or who it's for.

I'm not a "Fintstone's purist" or anything (that's ridiculous) but, I just don't get the need to "grow up" these properties.
    It's for people who grew up watching the Flintstones, and that's probably not anyone under 35. So it's going to need some humor, heart, and characters you care about that appeals to adults.

So why the need to "grow up"? Besides so it sell, why not? I know the narrative is that Watchman and DKR ruined superheroes, made Bill Clinton cheat on his wife, and caused the towers to fall, but the truth is comics is a whole industry of properties that have been "growing up" for decades.

All-New Member

Felt like I was sitting through Land of the Lost with Will Ferrell.

BANNED

This book was awesome.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

wow, no, not for me--tried this after reading several positive reviews here...but no, no, didn't find it amusing, pertinent, clever, or even especially well drawn; disappointed, not for me. (grew up watching Flintstones in prime time: heh: "older reader").
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet