Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    And how is that a bad thing exactly, assuming you are right in Marvel pushing those agendas ? Because you make it sounds like it's a bad thing.
    Very few things are inherently bad in moderation. They key is -- in moderation. Take something harmless like water -- it's actually good for you, normally -- but if water is imbibed in large enough quantities, it can poison you and cause hyponatremia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    And then when minorities like myself or others don't agree we're just the product of brainwashing by the white male patriarchy. Us poor minorities can't think for ourselves. lol. I work with LULAC and having people on the net say this kinda stuff to me is pretty funny.

or an uncle tom/ruckus

You can't have your own opinion these days.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Midnighter agrees. Oh wait...Nevermind...More happened in that series than anything Marvel has put out period...

Did it cause his series got canceled and now he's back to a miniseries

That ain't much progression and I liked his series

BANNED

Does anyone hate how the successors to the original characters are superior to the originals

Jane is more powerful than Thor, much more skilled with mjolnir

Riri is smarter than Tony

Sam is a better H2H fighter than Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Does anyone hate how the successors to the original characters are superior to the originals
    I hate when people distort the facts

Jane is more powerful than Thor, much more skilled with mjolnir
    no she isn't

Riri is smarter than Tony
    if that were true, she wouldn't need to reverse engineer his armor to make her own.

Sam is a better H2H fighter than Steve
    according to what book? all I remember is him fumbling with the shield and having to be saved by Nomad. Misty Knight kicked his butt during sparring, as well.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-06-2016 at 02:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I hate when people distort the facts

no she isn't

if that were true, she wouldn't need to reverse engineer his armor to make her own.

according to what book? all I remember is him fumbling with the shield and having to be saved by Nomad. Misty Knight kicked his butt during sparring, as well.
    your saying Odinson is still more powerful than Jane

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSJMorales View Post
    Capt was probably A-List I'd say, Thor B maybe?, Iron Man was like C lister territory forever, even around civil war, but RDJ brought him to A lister status overnight.
    I dunno about Cap. Maybe it's different in the US although even the non-comic reading North American people I talk to used to have the same reaction as British people when I brought up Captain America. "Is that the guy who throws his mighty shield or something like that?"

The movies have definitely altered that as it has for Thor and Iron Man but I don't it hasn't had much of an affect on where they stand on when it comes to Marvel's publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Ignorance. The feel that they need to have more diversity, so they replace what they have with new characters usurping our faves. What they don't understand is that they can have both. Keep our faves around but bring in new and exciting characters that either stand on their own or don't. DC knows how to do this and do it well with their legacy characters. Marvel doesn't. Stupidity.
    DC had abandoned it's legacy heroes a while ago. One of the genuinely intriguing aspects of Rebirth is that they are bringing this aspect back to some degree and seems to be in a similar vein as Marvel if the scenes with Jaime Reyes and Ryan Choi are any indication.

I still don't think it's enough. Putting the issue of race aside DC has legacy heroes take on the mantle of the originals quite and did it well. Wally West became the Flash, Kyle Raynor became Green Lantern and it seemed to stick but then came Geoff Johns who not only turned the clock back to what he read as a child but what he wanted as a child hence him retconning things like classic O'Neil/Adams Green Lantern/Arrow run because he never liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Actually they are replacing everyone with new younger characters. Luke Cage got a Power Man kid character, Blade is getting a teenaged girl Blade.
    Luke Cage is still active though, he hasn't been inactive all the time that Victor has been using the Power Man code name. Plus Cage had pretty much evolved out of the need for a code name anyway. I can't speak for Blade as I haven't followed that news, is the original still going to be around?

The issue here is that the new legacy characters are not starting as sidekicks. They are straight up replacing the characters and taking their names.
    Marvel has never been big on sidekicks. Besides just how much of a replacement are these new characters if the original is still around and active, most of which with their original code name?

We still have Peter Parker as Spider-Man, Steve Rogers as Captain America, Odinson we know will be back soon and re-worthied and probably reclaim his name. Heck the aforementioned example of Luke Cage is apt as I'm sure I've heard that he's going to (bizarrely) go by Power Man again. Is it really that big a deal? Characters going around the same codename has been happening in both big companies for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Marvel has been downplaying the X-Men for years because they gave up too much creative control over the X-movies to Fox. Hopefully they can make a better deal at some point down the road and get us better quality X-movies while making the X-comics more central to the Marvel Universe again. That said, AvX wasn't that long ago, and that was a big deal.
    Maybe it's just me but I don't get why X-Men fans want this? Putting aside that the X-Men became very successful in something of a bubble there's something about the concept of the X-Men that doesn't sit right with them being central to the Marvel Universe. People talk about characters being "shoved down our throats" but I'd say that happened a lot with X-Men during the 90s. I'm sure the reasoning was that if one or more X-character guested in a book or you brought in some elements of that franchise it would sell but there's a reason why Amazing Spider-Man once carried the tagline 'the non-mutant super hero' and the first issue of She-Hulk has Jen threatening readers with ripping up their X-Men comics. The idea that everything unfairly revolved around the X-Men was very real at the time both the readers and creative staff.

your saying Odinson is still more powerful than Jane
    he sure as heck was when he was Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    What the heck is going on with Marvel's social justice/politically correct/feminist agenda recently?
    They are in power.

As their ideology primarily blames the white race and the male sex for society's problems, this is the direction they had always intended to go. Given enough time and resources they'll go even further.

Every one of the A-listers has been replaced by someone who is either a minority or a women. Seriously, this is across all their franchises: Cyclops replaced with Storm, Black Bolt replaced with Medusa, Jane Foster replaced Thor, Sam Wilson replaced Steve Rogers, Riri replaced Stark, Kitty replaced Peter Quill, Cho replaced Banner. I don't really understand their thought process about this. Are they trying to alienate their old fans? They would have been better off completely rebooting the universe with this status quo already established as opposed to claiming it's still 616 and all these things happened by coincidence. There's virtually no subtlety here and it's incredibly frustrating especially when all people are asking for is the characters the love.
    Given a choice between the two they fear alienating the "social justice/politically correct/feminist" crowd more than the "old fans".

Am I the only one who's noticed this and sees that it's extremely problematic?
    No, but the collective changes are more of a symptom of the problem than the problem itself.

some of these comments. lmao

I guess you finally know what it's like to be regularly excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    They are in power.

As their ideology primarily blames the white race and the male sex for society's problems, this is the direction they had always intended to go. Given enough time and resources they'll go even further.

Given a choice between the two they fear alienating the "social justice/politically correct/feminist" crowd more than the "old fans".

No, but the collective changes are more of a symptom of the problem than the problem itself.
    Besides, that apparently they have numeric superiority.

You know, i think that Marvel should implement all those social justice changes; and see if it works, or it's just like the Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    some of these comments. lmao

I guess you finally know what it's like to be regularly excluded.
    Im a X-men fan, i have known about that for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I would personally try NOT to alienate the ones who are buying my books, if I were them. In the long term, that's the "old fans". The SJW and such crowd may yell loud, but I doubt they buy the books.
    Is that the reason why Mighty Thor for example is one of Marvels best-selling books?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Is that the reason why Mighty Thor for example is one of Marvels best-selling books?
    It's sells as well as the Inhumans.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-06-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    It's usually a top seller digitally. Which is why all of those sales threads are pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    What? Inhumans would be glad to sell that well.
    "This is me being reasonable"