Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Rachel or Emma?

Can I have both back, please?

BANNED

We always knew Gambit would work against Magneto..expecially when Storm is involved and because Rogue chose Magneto yet again last time out.

It hurt seeing Elizabeth leave..but she didnt want to fight Magneto and it seems that Magneto is definitely implying about Rachel Summers. They havent teamed in awhile but in truth, they always should of been on the same side.

Is Monet Magneto's new right hand until Lorna returns? Hmmm..never thought i would see Monet and Magneto on the same side in 2016.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Fingers crossed for Martha, Quire or the Cuckoos.
    Martha is currently with the junior EXM team. As for Quentin, a while back Hopeless said he was interested in using him so there's a slight chance he may be Tyke's replacement over in ANXM.

BANNED

Did someone suggested Xorn? That'd be one special kind of crazy, like Jean vs Xorn? ...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It will probably be Rach. Although, as others have said, Emma would make more sense. If we were talking 80s Rachel I could see her supporting Mag's team, but she has grown a lot since then, and I don't really see her joining a team in opposition to her (teen, time displaced) mother.
    There is a HUGE difference between how Rachel and Adult Jean interacted and how Teen Jean and Rachel interact. For starters TJ and Rachel have been kept separate essentially the whole time Jean has been here. The interacted 2x on panel (Once in ANX where no words happened, once during BotA), whereas Rachel was new, younger, and had never really had a Jean so she was all "mommy". They eventually worked things out and became friends and closer. If she thinks Jean is on the wrong side of things, she'll stick up to them. Look at her (forced) feud with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think she really sees Jeen as her mom like she did with the old Jean. And I can see her joining Magneto but wanting the others to understand why what they're doing is what needs to be done. I would prefer her on EXM, but I don't see that happening, so if Cunn really likes her, he probably can make it work.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Poor Monet even knows she isn't up to the job.
    People tend to forget but on Earth 811 Magneto was a core X-Man and practically helped raise Rachel. I don't think she's as disinclined to side with him as some around here expect.
    Monet can't handle Betsy and Jean, she's outclassed by them both. And yes, Rachel was essentially raised by Mags and Storm once she was rescued from Ahab. She also is a holocaust survivor of sorts, like him. They are similar enough that they would work together if end goals were aligned, and Rachel would then be his "conscious".

Personally I think it would be great if both Rachel and Emma appeared to his side, eventually moving Emma back into the HFC.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Yeah. Maybe they can force a Rachel/ Magneto relationship and I can watch some of you freak out like the rest of us sane Rogue fans did a while back... Then I can justify it by saying "hey, they knew each other once 20 years ago, seems legit"
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Hopefully not, I don't want to read about Magneto the creepy old man again.

I didn't think Sage was a psychic, I thought she just had resistance to psychics?
    This is the fanbase that is left? Yikes. Morrison fans. Damn shame. Hopefully those abominations stay gone and its either Rachel or Nate Grey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    And yes, Rachel was essentially raised by Mags and Storm once she was rescued from Ahab. She also is a holocaust survivor of sorts, like him. They are similar enough that they would work together if end goals were aligned, and Rachel would then be his "conscious".
    I think this end of the mutants story would really fit rachel considering her background, I really hope BUnn uses her

If Magneto has prepared for this it'll be Exodus.

Did I just imagine Cullen Bunn saying Emma had a part to play in the CW2 tie-in mini sometime back? If I didn't then you have your answer right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Am I the only one hoping the new psychic is Sage?!
    I would love Sage to return!

the Top five psychic i want to see.

1. Emma Frost
    2. Exodus
    3. Rachel Grey
    4. Sage
    5. one of the Cuckoos
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    There is a HUGE difference between how Rachel and Adult Jean interacted and how Teen Jean and Rachel interact. For starters TJ and Rachel have been kept separate essentially the whole time Jean has been here. The interacted 2x on panel (Once in ANX where no words happened, once during BotA), whereas Rachel was new, younger, and had never really had a Jean so she was all "mommy". They eventually worked things out and became friends and closer. If she thinks Jean is on the wrong side of things, she'll stick up to them. Look at her (forced) feud with Storm.
    Because Bendis is the go to writer for proper Rachel characterization? Just in terms of the Ulysses conflict as well though, it seems to me like Rachel would be more aware than others that just because a particular future is a possibility doesn't make it a certainty. At any rate, there are a lot of rationalizations for Rachel joining Mags that make logical sense, I can rationally accept that, it's just an emotional gut reaction that makes me feel like she wouldn't.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nirikins View Post
    Rachel or Emma?

Can I have both back, please?
    At the risk of sounding greedy, I'd love that, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    also Jean Vs. Rachel? I can't see how any x-men geek could turn that opportunity down.
    "Go into your room now, daughter!"
    "I am older than you, mom!"