Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    "Go into your room now, daughter!"
    "I am older than you, mom!"
    "You're grounded, Rachel!"
    "You're not my REAL mom!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Because Bendis is the go to writer for proper Rachel characterization?
    Who said that? I was just pointing out that they had little to no contact under Bendis' direction, and further more the one scene they actually spoke to each other in during BotA was written by Wood.

Just in terms of the Ulysses conflict as well though, it seems to me like Rachel would be more aware than others that just because a particular future is a possibility doesn't make it a certainty. At any rate, there are a lot of rationalizations for Rachel joining Mags that make logical sense, I can rationally accept that, it's just an emotional gut reaction that makes me feel like she wouldn't.
    Right, but she's also the sole survivor of a future where mutants are killed. Whether it be gas or robots, she will fight for survival and it would align herself with Mgs. Plus if she thinks the Inhumans killed Cyclops (which I still think she and Emma are hiding him), then it would be a motivator as well to investigate another perceived power to hold over mutants.

If Emma returned now...<3 <3 <3

More Bunn Xorn pls.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    "You're grounded, Rachel!"
    "You're not my REAL mom!"
    "You didn't even bothered to sleep with my also-teenager dad so I could be born!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "You didn't even bothered to sleep with my also-teenager dad so I could be born!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Can Bunn write all the X-Books and bring back all the favorites?

k, thanks.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Can Bunn write all the X-Books and bring back all the favorites?

k, thanks.
    This. He is so good.

They actually had Gambit doing something useful in a main x comic, God knows how Bunn snuck this past the X editors.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    They actually had Gambit doing something useful in a main x comic, God knows how Bunn snuck this past the X editors.
    Yep. Not screwing up a heist, holding up a wall in the background, getting punched in the face by Captain America or offering free massages at Burning Man. A real anomaly. I look forward to more. Someone on Twitter said Marvel is just trying to capitalize on the movie that was supposed to be out by now. They might end up stumbling back into their senses and realize he has more fans than obnoxiously vocal internet detractors. There are plenty of writers that want to use him, but he gets blocked or reserved for "future use" as if the fictional figure has a slammed schedule and just cant make it. Funny thing is, this was Gambit-lite. He actually got his @#$ beat but ultimately won. We are so surprised and Gambit starved, we're praising his use even though he got whooped for most of his cameo. Weird that he's been diluted down to the label of "cameo" within a X-Men book. An X-Man is so rarely seen, when he pops up, its deemed "cameo". Wow.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Please let it be Rachel... or Emma..or preferably both.

Ouch xD

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Anyone else think Gambit was a funny choice given that folks say Fantomex is a Remy rip-off? Think CB was thinking about that when he wrote it?
    Well originally, he wanted Gambit for Uncanny but chose Fantomex instead for reasons he only states as "outside influences". So I think he had a ball writing the two and possibly even seeing Fantomex loose. That is unless Fantomex lost on purpose to truly gain access to his real target.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Seeing as how the next Uncanny feature Mags going to the Hellfire club it could very well be... Quentin Quire. :/

I would rather have Emma or Rachel, but imo QQ is the most possible one that would also work with Magneto. After the way Xorn's story was handled, it seems unlikely it would be him but I do remember reading Bunn saying he was eager to use him again.
    Last edited by Jean Grey; 07-06-2016 at 03:45 PM.