View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Science #22

0 0%
  • The Fix #4

0 0%
  • Nailbiter #23

0 0%
  • Paper Girls #7

2 12.50%
  • Revival #41

4 25.00%
  • Roche Limit: Monadic #4 (of 4)

0 0%
  • Spawn #264

0 0%
  • Spread #14

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #16

4 25.00%
  • Switch #4

0 0%
  • Throwaways #1

0 0%
  • Tokyo Ghost #8

4 25.00%
  • The Walking Dead #156

2 12.50%
  • Other - 3 Floyds Alpha King #2 (of 5), The Discipline #5, Faster Than Light #8

0 0%
  • Other - The Fuse #19, Symmetry #5, Midnight of the Soul #2 (of 5), Renato Jones The One % #3

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weekly Image poll #27 - Throwaways launching during a massive week

Welcome back to the weekly Image poll, we chat about the comics released this week and vote for the one we liked best!

Last week once again proved the popularity of East of West, with its 27th issue absolutely dominating the poll with 62% of the votes. It takes lower percentages than that to leave the EU! Maybe Hickman should be in politics? I hear there's plenty of positions opening up, too.

Happening this week: everything, all at once. New storylines begin for Black Science, The Fuse, Symmetry ánd Spread. In endings however, Roche Limit: Monadic wraps up, concluding the Roche Limit sci-fi trilogy. Switch looks like it's back from a break and now prominently features Witchblade elements. Deadly Class gets a deluxe hardcover release, and Garth Ennis' 2 old Vertigo mini-series Adventures In The Rifle Brigade and its sequel "Operation Bollocks" get reprinted in a single trade release.

Starting this week is the new Caitlin Kettridge & Steven Sanders espionage/thriller series Throwaways about one-time used assassins who get wrapped up in a conspiracy.

254142.jpg

So, what are y'all picking up and/or excited about?

Just Tokyo Ghost for me. Getting close to the end. Excited to see what happens.

Black Science and The Walking Dead. Excited to read both this week.

No Image for me this week and almost nothing on the pull list overall.

My biggest Image week ever!

Black Science #22
    The Fix #4
    Nailbiter #23
    Paper Girls #7
    Revival #41
    Spread #14
    Switch #4
    Tokyo Ghost #8
    The Walking Dead #156

Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, and The Fix have all three been really good so far. Going to be an impossible choice this week.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Too far behind on Revival, so I read nothing from Image this week.

So instead, I'll just bring up what new series I did read this week. Haikyu!! Vol. 1, a manga series about volleyball! Long story short, Very good and a lot of fun, especially as a fan of manga sports series. Definitely give it a shot, especially since Viz Media is releasing chapters of the series for free right now.

Also, new volume of One-Punch Man with the best punch ever drawn in any series ever. It is a thing of beauty.

Revival #41 damn, just.... damn
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Don't care much at all for the fill-in artist on Spread. So far it's the only title out of the running for my vote. Black Science, The Fix, Nailbiter, Paper Girls, Switch and Tokyo Ghost have all been really good so far. Still haven't read Revival or The Walking Dead yet though.

Big week for me - seeing as there are 2 Remender books released this week makes it interesting which one I like more :-)

Black Science #22
    The Fix #4
    Nailbiter #23
    Paper Girls #7
    Roche Limit: Monadic #4 (of 4)
    Tokyo Ghost #8

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Unfair advantage to Stray Bullets: it's simply the best.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

Big week of books to get for me this week, pretty excited to have so much reading for the weekend.
    Black Science
    The Discipline
    The Fix
    Midnight of the Soul
    Paper Girls
    Roche Limit
    The Walking Dead

Not sure at all where my vote will fall, but it will be a toss up between TWD, Black Science and Paper Girls. Likely Paper girls since that book has been pretty solid every time. TWD has been so hit or miss for a long time, and not sure how the new black science arc is going to be.

I am a little surprised that Roche Limit is already concluding, I could have sworn I read an article a long time back saying it was slated to be 3 5-book stories, so I was surprised to see it listed here as 4 of 4. But since this last set of books have been my least favorite of this series I am happy it's ending already.

Fix and Discipline need to be pretty good this issue or I am dropping both of them. Discipline, well I don't really care at all for the main character who doesn't seem to be all that interesting and the artwork is just ok. it was mildly interesting but hasn't gone anywhere and not sure I am willing to wait to see what happens.
    The Fix, I still want to be a fan of, but I just don't think its that great. I have given it enough of a go and I think I am done.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Read Black Science, Paper Girls, and Tokyo Ghost. I gave it to Paper Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Read Black Science, Paper Girls, and Tokyo Ghost. I gave it to Paper Girls.
    All three of those were great this week IMO.

The Walking Dead wins my vote. Paper Girls is the runner up.
    Black Science and Tokyo Ghost were decent, but they don't have Negan.
    Stray Bullets was funny, but Sunshine and Roses as a whole reeks of filler. The prequel nobody needed. I want the future of the main arcs which were left in suspense, not this stuff. It's like the Star Wars prequels, with the googly eyed kid in the new issue being their Jar Jar Binks.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Unfair advantage to Stray Bullets: it's simply the best.
    A) This
    B) QFT
    C) What he said
    D) All of the above

Freddie Heyber FTW.