Thread: Micronauts #3

Default Micronauts #3

What did y'all think of this issue? I liked it. It seemed to move the plot along a whole lot faster. It was interesting to see the possible connection between the Time Travelers, the Pharoids, and the Entropy Storm. It was also good getting some background about Oz. He's becoming interesting.

This issue helped in making me care more about Oz now that we've actually got solid details on his past; I'm certainly curious to know just what the hell happened during his pilgrimage. Microtron's quickly becoming my favourite of this series, though. I laughed at the "uh... thank you, captain?" line.

And Karza launched his hand out of his socket to strangle someone! I don't know why, but I somehow thought we'd never see that again. That was delightful. Bunn said next issue is really focused on him, and with some of the stuff the Antron assassin said, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about his history as well.

Wow! Not much action around here in re this issue. Perhaps Mr. Bunn and IDW need to come up with a Bug-like character to make it stand out a bit from all the other space opera types on the stands.

The story is picking up overall I enjoyed it. I do agree with added a bug like character. I thought Image create one when they had the rights (think it had four arms and was purple).

I'm not so sure I'd want that is essentially just Bug under a different name like the Image series did. I'd kind of prefer the book look forward with its own concepts and ideas rather than trying to recapture everything the Marvel series did--I like how they've done stuff like make Space Glider a woman who's pretty unlike Arcturus and Pharoid the team leader instead.

That said, the team definitely needs more aliens (I'd like to see Repto and Kronos play bigger roles than just cannon fodder if they show up), and I might like it if they used the apparent Bug expy from the cancelled animated series: the creature with a head on both of its ends!

Wow! Thanks for the image. Have never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the image. Have never seen that before.
    There's more pics here. It's a bit of a shame that it never happened, as I quite like how it looked.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...nauts-cartoon/