Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Yes, awesome. I was just thinking yesterday reading Morrison's run how nice it would be to have Max back.

Also love the show's influence being very limited. If anything make the show more like the comics, if they want synergy.

I do hope we see Bart again, but I can wait for that. If anything Max's return means Bart could be lurking around the corner.

Thanks for the info!

It would be interesting to see what they would do with Wells in the comics given his handling on the show. Eobard's still locked up in prison (I assume), so it would be readily apparent that it's not Thawne disguising himself as someone else to mess with Barry again unless we're getting into major time-travel shenanigans. They could go for Harry from season 2, which would be interesting.

I still want to see Joe West in a non-TV tie-in Flash comic.

Always Rakzo

I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of Rogues but for the most part, Williamson's ideas seem on-point.

The problem is that the overall execution hasn't been so great, the writing is not bad, is just that it doesn't have anything that puts it above "okay". It leaves me a bit cold honestly.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think Max Mercury made for a great Yoda type for Wally by training him in the Speed Force ty back in the day, but I am not sure what role he is needed for nowadays. I think reintroducing Jesse Quick would be a little more necessary to break up the sausage party that the DCU's speedsters are right now

To not give us the real Bart (not Bar Torr) is a total failure IMO.

And nobody wants nuWally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    To not give us the real Bart (not Bar Torr) is a total failure IMO.

Did you listen to the podcast? At the end he said that he's trying to bring Impulse back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Did you listen to the podcast? At the end he said that he's trying to bring Impulse back.
    Guess I missed that. Good then, I hope he does bring back Bart.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I'm assuming, and hoping, that one of the speedsters from the current arc is Jesse Quick.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Good to know they wont be influenced by the show, even they realize CW shows go to crap after the first season or two so attaching themselves is suicide in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Here's the entire podcast: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/po...he-dc3cast-24/

I usually don't listen to podcasts (they are too freaking long) but there was some really juicy info i couldn't pass up:
    • Max Mercury is returning. His idea was to reintroduce him during first arc. but it got delayed.
    And, two years later, . . . what happened to bringing Max back?

Mighty Member

I'd rather they just focus on Barry instead of having everyone trying to outshine him in his own book.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Max could be BARRY'S mentor!
    It's already been made pretty clear that Barry doesn't have a real understanding of the Speed Force, whereas Max knows pretty much everything there is to know.
    That's something that's been missing from the title for a long while now. What happened to Barry's 'Flash Facts'?
    Stoked to hear Max is coming.
    It does sound like the Flash Family is STARTING to take shape in the DCU again, but man are they taking their sweet time getting there.
    And if Wally starts appearing in the Titans book again, I'll start buying it again.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I'd rather they just focus on Barry instead of having everyone trying to outshine him in his own book.
    Waid and Johns knew how to write stories about the Flash Family without outshining the main hero. This shouldn't be an issue and a reason to keep out such a cool character like Max.

Bart JUST came back. Pretty sure Max isn't too far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Stoked to hear Max is coming.
    Do you have any specifics on WHEN Max is coming back?
    As I mentioned in my post,
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And, two years later, . . . what happened to bringing Max back?
    Since I don't read The Flash, especially after feeling burned by Jay's brief "return" and quick disappearance again in "The Button" over a year ago, I can only go by what I get from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Bart JUST came back. Pretty sure Max isn't too far behind.
    Define "too far behind".
    I've already waited over two years for the Justice Society of America to "return".