Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Williamson talks about The Flash & Return of Another speedster is confirmed

Here's the entire podcast: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/po...he-dc3cast-24/

I usually don't listen to podcasts (they are too freaking long) but there was some really juicy info i couldn't pass up:
    • Max Mercury is returning. His idea was to reintroduce him during first arc. but it got delayed.
    • Wally WILL appear in the book, just not as heavily as the younger one. He'll be mostly in the Titans as we guessed.
    • There is a mandate on having "too little" influence from the TV Show. He wanted to introduce Harrison Wells (or a character like him) but the idea was rejected by Johns for "being too similar to the TV show".
    • He's not going to write about The Rogues for a while.
    • Some of the speedsters from the current arc. will be staying in Flash family.

I'm happy about the return of Max but it just dawned on me....he might be the "mentor" for the younger Wallace he was talking about. If that's going to be the case then poor Bart is reaaaally about to be replaced by Wally Jr. I'm not sure I'm ok with that.

I'm so happy TV show will no longer have an effect on the book. It completely screwed the last run with Venditti. But I'm bummed up to hear minus Rogues, it means we're going to have more of Speed Force stories......

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I feel bad for not knowing who Max Mercury is, but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I feel bad for not knowing who Max Mercury is, but cool.
    He's the one who introduced Speed Force into the comics. An old speedster & a close friend to Jay Garrick. was called "Zen Master of the SF", and he was a mentor & father figure to Bart Allen.

Wow, it's a good time to start reading The Flash again. For the first time since Barry took over the book, I have added this to my pull list.
    I have no beef with Vegans

I don't think the TV show's influence is what hurt the book...I think it was pretty much all Venditti and Van Jensen. They just really failed on the title, writing-wise.

I'm happy to have Max back, though I was hoping to see Wally mentor NuWally. But Wally's so far being selective about who he reintroduces himself too, so reintroducing himself to his cousin might not be high on his to-do list. I'm glad to know Wally will still be in the book, if not as major a presence as in Titans (as to be expected) .

I was really disappointed with the lack of The Rogues once Manapul and Buccelato left, so going through another hiatus for them in the book is not ideal, but hopefully Godspeed is a good villain and Williamson can bring them back in a big way later on .

The solicitations make it sound like Barry is going to have to take the Speed Force from all the new Speedsters to beat Godspeed, so it seems that at least some of them will be exempt from that. Maybe Barry's detective friend?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Here's the entire podcast: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/po...he-dc3cast-24/

I usually don't listen to podcasts (they are too freaking long) but there was some really juicy info i couldn't pass up:
    [LIST][*]Max Mercury is returning. His idea was to reintroduce him during first arc. but it got delayed.
    YES! Now bring back Walter West and I will do cartwheels and giggle like a little girl.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Max is back, nice! Now give us Bart. And I love how they're trying not to synergize with the show, Geoff Johns meant it when he said they weren't doing that!

Never saw a purpose in Max. I thought cutting him was a good idea as the Flash family is so bloated and he serves no real role imo.

I'd much rather see Jesse or Bart.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Bummed that he isn't going to be writing the Rogues for a bit, but at least they will be showing up eventually.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Never saw a purpose in Max. I thought cutting him was a good idea as the Flash family is so bloated and he serves no real role imo.
    Max is the speed force guru who was a mentor to Bart, so I think Bart won't be too far behind.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Max is the speed force guru who was a mentor to Bart, so I think Bart won't be too far behind.
    There is a huge possibility of him becoming a mentor to Wally Jr., so I'm not sure we'll be having Bart back for a while. His character is reduntant with him around.

Maybe the Tornado Twins, Impulse, and XS can be reestablished in the pages of the Legion of Superheroes? Muddy the connection between Barry and the Tornado Twins (e.g., recast them as possible descendents of Barry rather than definite and immediate children of Barry, maybe with a suggestion that their parents might have been a future Barry and Iris hiding out in the 31st century) so that their existence doesn't imply any restrictions on the direction of Flash, but otherwise leave everything intact.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

There is a huge possibility of him becoming a mentor to Wally Jr., so I'm not sure we'll be having Bart back for a while. His character is reduntant with him around.
    Redundant? Aside from them both being speedsters, they've got almost nothing in common. Especially if they use Bart's hyperactive 90s personality. And Bart could be Impulse so there wouldn't be 2 Kid Flashes at once.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Glad to hear that Max Mercury will be making a comeback.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

He's the one who introduced Speed Force into the comics. An old speedster & a close friend to Jay Garrick. was called "Zen Master of the SF", and he was a mentor & father figure to Bart Allen.
    He was also originally known as Quicksilver (no relation to the Marvel speedster of the same name) and was the featured speedster hero of Golden Age Quality Comics. Only after DC Comics acquired the rights to the character and began featuring him in THE FLASH during the 1990s did he gain the name Max Mercury.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014