Default Panic In The Sky - New Ed vs Old

I have the original tpb of "Panic In the Sky", but I see there's a new printing out. Does anyone know if it's got anything different than the original, or is it a straight re-print?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Pretty sure the new edition includes a few more issues. For the exact ones, check the Amazon listing.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Per mycomicshop.com:

New edition: Collects Action Comics (1938-2011 DC) #674-676, Superman: The Man of Steel (1991-2003) #9-11, Superman (1987-2011 2nd Series) #65-67, and Adventures of Superman (1987-2006) #488-490.

1st edition: Collects Action Comics (1938-2011 DC) #674-675, Superman: The Man of Steel (1991-2003) #9-10, Superman (1987-2011 2nd Series) #65-66, and Adventures of Superman (1987-2006) #488-489.

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that I had checked the solicits / site info pages, but those are often wrong with DC books. So I was hoping someone had bought it & could check.

I wish Superman could get the reprint love that Batman is getting when it comes to the late 80's - 90's material.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 07-07-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I have the original tpb of "Panic In the Sky", but I see there's a new printing out. Does anyone know if it's got anything different than the original, or is it a straight re-print?
    I saw an eBay listing that shows the back cover, and it says it includes "never-before-collected aftermath issues," so I'd say you can trust the info that more issues are included.

I'm hoping the new edition includes the written content from the writing staff found in the original edition. That "inside baseball" stuff about how the creative process worked on the Super-books at the time was great to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I saw an eBay listing that shows the back cover, and it says it includes "never-before-collected aftermath issues," so I'd say you can trust the info that more issues are included.

I'm hoping the new edition includes the written content from the writing staff found in the original edition. That "inside baseball" stuff about how the creative process worked on the Super-books at the time was great to read.
    That's actually one of the reasons I'm hesitant to pick up the new one. I hate it when "extras" are removed in newer prints.

I never thought to look on ebay for a back cover, that's a really good idea. And thank you for the info!