Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Riri Williams Appreciation

(Someone had to do it)

So today's a big day for new character Riri Williams, as we learned she'll be the lead in the upcoming Invincible Iron Man book.

I know lots of readers are less than thrilled, but I'm excited! With just a few appearances so far, I find her interesting, she's spunky, super smart and wants to be a hero.

Lots of questions:
    What will her codename be? Bendis has stated it has not yet been revealed. Trying to think of something,better than Iron Woman/Girl/Maiden but so far, I got nuthin.

Can't wait to see her armor (Bendis has also said we haven't yet). Hoping for something cool and different...move away from the red and gold.

I really hope Tony is still around as Riri's mentor, I think they'd have a great dynamic.

So, let's watch her story unfold, stop by and show your appreciation!

image.jpg
    Last edited by billee0918; 07-06-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Random notes
    1. Love the hair
    2. Her armor reminds me of a Gundam

Hahah showing all the hate around the finger while staying classy. Good thread, i like it and I'll check out Riri's run when it comes out just because

New to the character, I like her hair too. (I thought she would have made an excellent War Machine)
    So do we know anything about her orientation?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Sadly we know little of her yet.
    She only had a couple pages with her in II.
    But i am already liking her, i like young superheroes who want to be great superheroes, they have this energy that cleans me of my college-born fatigue.
    Also, it's seems she was surprised that the armor was too strong for itself, but instead of being frustated she looks like having fun with that failure so she can improve herself.
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

I'm definitely going to give her a shot.

I stopped reading Iron Man regularly during the middle of Kieron Gillen's run, this seems like as a good as time as any to start catching up.

She hasn't done a whole lot so I can't say I'm a fan or anything yet... but I'll give her a shot.

If nothing else, Bendis is trying something a little different and deserves credit for that.

All I want is a Riri Williams and Moon Girl Science Sisters (Plus Devil Dinosaur) Team-Up. Badly.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Consider me a fan. Tbh love how mad she's made people already.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by StaticShock99 View Post
    I kind like her now for the same reason, but Igiv eevery new character a chance . Looking forward to learning more about her.

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    I kind like her now for the same reason, but Igiv eevery new character a chance . Looking forward to learning more about her.
    Same, she seems interesting.

You sound like a good person.

soooo just how badly do you think her first meeting with Amadeus Cho will go? I have a feeling that he's going to annoy her. but she's going to be his new crush.

haha if that's the case you should like all the books that were announced.

I like to check out new characters because it's open to tell cool stories without getting limited by continuity. Usually Bendis tells good stories not caught up in continuity so I'm also interested.

I'll give her a chance to prove she can be a good replacement for Iron man. Personally I've seen so many replacement characters in my 10 years as a comic reader that this doesn't bug me at all, as long as Bendis can make me like her and give me a good story which I've heard he can do in Invincible Ironman then I'll have no problem with her.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.