Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I saw that! Very exciting. It makes total sense for her to be on that show so I'm glad they realized that. I like her armor more in the promo art for the show than I do for the comics. I guess it just translates better into animation for me.
    Just keep in mind that promo art for Marvel cartoons can be very deceptive .

Riri's solo has been delayed. Issue 1 is now out on 28 Nov instead of 14 Nov. Issue 2 is out on 16 Jan instead of 12 Dec.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...ps-to-january/
    New variant:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With #1 and #2 delayed, no surprise that #3 is delayed too, from Jan 30th to Feb 13th.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...vel-ironheart/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

i hope the series is not canceled. the optics with something like that won't be good at all.

sidebar: Doe Marvel own the name "Iron Girl"? Just saying, so no other company can claim it... ?

Mighty Member

Do y'all see Riri getting her own animated series someday?

No. Iron Man would be more likely, he's had a couple already. She's in Marvel Rising though, and Champions cartoon must be a possibility in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope the series is not canceled. the optics with something like that won't be good at all.

sidebar: Doe Marvel own the name "Iron Girl"? Just saying, so no other company can claim it... ?
    Appears to be a vacant name. No Wikipedia article by that name, so if anyone ever used it, it's not well known. Are you saying Riri should've been called that?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. Iron Man would be more likely, he's had a couple already. She's in Marvel Rising though, and Champions cartoon must be a possibility in the future.

Appears to be a vacant name. No Wikipedia article by that name, so if anyone ever used it, it's not well known. Are you saying Riri should've been called that?

I prefer “Ironheart”.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I prefer “Ironheart”.
    Me, too.

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I prefer “Ironheart”.
    Ironhearts a great name

from a legal standpoint, possibly.. even if it were quickly abandoned in-story for IronHeart. As we all know, back in the 70s, Marvel created She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, and Ms. Marvel in part (obviously not exclusively) to have a pre-emptive strike on anybody else coming out with characters by those names. Already, "Spider-Boy" is likely co-owned by Marvel/DC due to that Amalgam crossover from the 90s. That was a mistake, IMO...

Yeah, DC could easily have given the Ms Marvel name to Mary Marvel (Shazam relaunched at around the same time after a two decade hiatus, as DC had acquired it's original publisher) - always found it odd that she has her real first name in her codename. Since DC's Captain Marvel was renamed Shazam, Mary has no codename at all.

It's probably good that they don't fully own Spider-Boy - means they couldn't give that name to Miles.

Riri was never called Iron Girl. She had no codename at all before deciding on Ironheart.

Yeah, DC could easily have given the Ms Marvel name to Mary Marvel (Shazam relaunched at around the same time after a two decade hiatus, as DC had acquired it's original publisher) - always found it odd that she has her real first name in her codename. Since DC's Captain Marvel was renamed Shazam, Mary has no codename at all.
    Probably because "Mary Marvel" is catchy .

Invincible Member

I wish she could have been called Iron Maiden but there's already a comic character using that name, plus there's the popular heavy metal band...