Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I hate the fact that we can see into the helmet, it makes her lose some of her mystique.

Is this a limited series or ongoing?

Does the writer have experience writing comics? This is important. The art is great but I don't want to see someone learning on the job.
    1) The helmet is just in revealing mode. That's not permanent.

2) "Limited"

3) No.

Astonishing Member

It changes from from solid to see-through.

As for the writer, I hope she'll be great. I loved Saladin Ahmed's Black Bolt and he hadn't written comics before that.

How long is "limited"?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    1) The helmet is just in revealing mode. That's not permanent.

2) "Limited"

3) No.
    Hopefully this will lead to Chicago becoming a legit destination in the Marvel universe. She also needs her own villains.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes! This is great news.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Is that armor using pink highlights now in place of red? Please no.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This armor's always been pink. It was just recently introduced in Champions #22.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Do we think this series will acknowledge the whole Leonardo Divinci organization with Riri that Bendis threw in at the end of his iron man run or just flat out ignore that

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Do we think this series will acknowledge the whole Leonardo Divinci organization with Riri that Bendis threw in at the end of his iron man run or just flat out ignore that
    Hopefully ignore it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ignore it?
    If there was one thing I wanted writers to pick up after Bendi's departure, it was that.
    Organisation led by Da Vinci and having characters from both Avengers Initiative and Avengers Academy? If they show up in Riri's book, I may give it a try.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ignore it?
    If there was one thing I wanted writers to pick up after Bendi's departure, it was that.
    Organisation led by Da Vinci and having characters from both Avengers Initiative and Avengers Academy? If they show up in Riri's book, I may give it a try.
    I agree, that's a great starting point for a lot of stories. It gives characters a good reason to be together, it serves as a logical starting point for adventures and missions, and I just think it's a cool idea. And anything that brings some of the Initiative and especially Academy kids back into the fold is gold in my book.

Very excited for this. The writing announcement gives me hope for Miles' creative team, too.

I love the option of being able to see her face. It just makes so much more sense to have it exposed as opposed to looking at a metal plate. Armored heroes almost always take their helmets off anyway, which is unsafe and not smart. Having it be a clear material is a much better idea for us as fans and for her as a fighter.

How do we know this is a limited series, trying to find articles that say that but they just refer to it as a solo series which means they aren't doing their jobs in informing readers.

Glad to see a black female writer is behind this series but I didn't necessarily need that, we need more writers of color behind the scenes especially woc but I don't believe that only so-and-so can write so-and-so, that limited thinking is why we don't have that Blade series featuring his daughter or why we have good writers like Christopher Priest avoiding writing black characters...

Long story short I would have been fine with anybody they picked as long as they knew how to write; in fact what I want to know is why it seems Marvel is picking talent from outside of the comic community, on the one hand we avoid a DC situation where it seems all the Silver Age fans have come to work for the company and rebooted a universe that has pushed minority characters even further back to wait their to turn to be focused on... on the other hand it's like Marvel is ignoring the talent that they are influencing to look over at other writers like novel writers b/c they have more prestige which is coming across as a bit hoity-toity.

And since I couldn't find this thread when articles speculated on Ironheart joining the MCU, I'm glad that my hunch about Ironheart probably having the fastest comic to screen adaptation has some merit. I was also glad to see the source of the speculation came from something reputable like Blacklist and then was found out by The Hashtag Show first who always on the front lines of getting casting news and could maybe find out some more things if there is more ...now that it is on their radar.

Hopefully if the character is a part of phase 4 or whatever, that they keep her MIT origin, I don't need the start of every black character being connected to Wakanda in some way, so hopefully no Wakanda Institute in Chicago please.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Ultimate Member

I hate the fact that we can see into the helmet, it makes her lose some of her mystique.

Does the writer have experience writing comics? This is important. The art is great but I don't want to see someone learning on the job.
    Even if it's a limited run-at least it's another book that will probably do better as a trade.

The writer-I am not sure about comic writing but her father was in the industry.

If you give her a strong editorial team-she should do fine.

Glad to see a black female writer is behind this series but I didn't necessarily need that, we need more writers of color behind the scenes especially woc but I don't believe that only so-and-so can write so-and-so, that limited thinking is why we don't have that Blade series featuring his daughter or why we have good writers like Christopher Priest avoiding writing black characters...

Long story short I would have been fine with anybody they picked as long as they knew how to write; in fact what I want to know is why it seems Marvel is picking talent from outside of the comic community, on the one hand we avoid a DC situation where it seems all the Silver Age fans have come to work for the company and rebooted a universe that has pushed minority characters even further back to wait their to turn to be focused on... on the other hand it's like Marvel is ignoring the talent that they are influencing to look over at other writers like novel writers b/c they have more prestige which is coming across as a bit hoity-toity.
    Yeah, I agree with this -- a good writer is most important, and for every novelist turned Marvel writer who succeeds, there's more who fail. If they had to go with a black woman, maybe someone like Myisha Haynes, who's already done work with them?

Regardless, I'm still interested in this. The art should be okay. The writer at least seems to be truly interested in Riri the person (and she said she loves Zub's Champions) On Twitter, she has outlined her familiarity with comics and their narrative techniques, which is encouraging. Now let's see if she brings the proper stories the character needs.
    Last edited by MsAngel; 08-20-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    How do we know this is a limited series, trying to find articles that say that but they just refer to it as a solo series which means they aren't doing their jobs in informing readers.

And since I couldn't find this thread when articles speculated on Ironheart joining the MCU, I'm glad that my hunch about Ironheart probably having the fastest comic to screen adaptation has some merit. I was also glad to see the source of the speculation came from something reputable like Blacklist and then was found out by The Hashtag Show first who always on the front lines of getting casting news and could maybe find out some more things if there is more ...now that it is on their radar.

Hopefully if the character is a part of phase 4 or whatever, that they keep her MIT origin, I don't need the start of every black character being connected to Wakanda in some way, so hopefully no Wakanda Institute in Chicago please.
    Folks who take issue with Riri, the race of her writer, her creator and so on-already hate the book.
    Folks who feel entitled to hate the book and pray for its quick demise.
    Folks who already wrote off the book before the first preview.

In other words folks who want another weapon bash Marvel see this as a limited series.

Even if it IS-who gives a DAMN? If you want to read about her-you don't care how long it lasts.

This you got have a 700+ issue run to matter is pure NONSENSE.

Where are these long running books for GOTG, Blade, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Panther and so on at? They have done better than a lot of guys with tons of books.

Did we not see a Black Panther film BURY a Justice League movie with 5 guys with 300+ issues?

Just enjoy the book. Be glad a black female is getting to lead a solo book. 3 black female lead books at Marvel. Stuff like that only happens at Image & Dark Horse.

BANNED

If she can write, she can write. Writers always learn new ways to write. Look Ahmed, Rowell, Coates, etc. That and her dad used to write comic strips so it's not like comics aren't in her blood anyway.