Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

people keep calling her a replacement for Stark when, from my perspective, she showed up to fill Rhodey's void (big gun metal gray clunky armor). girl hasn't even chosen a superhero name, yet.

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    You sound like a good person.
    Thanks. I really wanted your validation Spider-Tron. *eyeroll*
    Last edited by StaticShock99; 07-06-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Her book isn't even out yet LOL. But she's beautiful and I like her backstory def will be checking that book out.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Her artwork for her Invincible Iron Man was stunning. I'm just picked up the issue where they start focusing on her, and I'm liking her so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    people keep calling her a replacement for Stark when, from my perspective, she showed up to fill Rhodey's void (big gun metal gray clunky armor). girl hasn't even chosen a superhero name, yet.
    No, I'd say she's a replacement for Stark, because she has Stark's superpower: super-genius intellect. Rhodey's superpower has always been essentially grit.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think they're already advertising her as Starks replacement in Invinsible Iron Man (though I'm sure that will be temporary).

I'm very glad that we have so many super genius girls. Valeria will always be my first, but now we have Nadia Pym and Riri (as well as Maddy Cho etc... but they are more like normal genius girls).

I'm also very jealous because I can't phd - i'm too dumb and basement dwelling.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Random notes
    1. Love the hair
    2. Her armor reminds me of a Gundam
    Those are my two big takeaways too!

I absolutely love her hair. Love it, love it, love it. And the armor reminds me of a Gundam too. It's all perfect.

Sidenote: I kind of dig Viz's ULTRAMAN manga (preview at the link for those who haven't seen it before), and I hope they do an anime for it at some point. As a kid who grew up watching all those old "Ultraman" shows with Hayata and the rest of the Science Patrol (along with the bad dubs) this is kind of fun.

I will say again though about Riri Williams, I hope and pray that her armor isn't the same color as Tony's. Let him keep his own thing, the red and gold is his. I've never really liked the red and gold, but it's his.

And don't call her "Iron"-this or "Iron"-that. The "Iron" thing belongs to Tony, come up with something new for her. Don't call her War Machine either. I haven't come up with a name that I like yet because there's nothing really to go on right now, but please no "Iron"-this or "Iron"-that.

And of course have her be the new Iron Man once Robert Downey Jr. steps down. Please make this happen.

The only negative that I have at the moment is that they're going to relaunch her in a new INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1. Obviously that's going to be Tony's book again, so I wished that they'd just give her her own book right away instead of dragging it out for another year. Beggars can't be choosers though, I suppose.

Code names (most are awful....I'm trying):

Tech
    Mech
    Iron Woman
    Ultra Woman
    Marvel Womam
    Circuit
    Circuitry
    Metal
    Pulse
    Shellhead
    Defender

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

I kind of like "Mech." It's it's own thing.

They could go with "Mecha," but that may be too spot on.

(Of course, when Milestone 2.0 comes back it'll have a revamped Curtis Metcalf and HARDWARE. The comparisons are no doubt inevitable. And it'll be funny to see if there'll be people saying that Curtis Metcalf is a ripoff of Riri Williams!)

Anyway, the only two Marvel things that interest me are the Fantastic Four and Iron Man. Who knows when the FF are coming back to Marvel. Hopefully it'll be with news that Disney has the rights for it are going to start making movies. As for Iron Man... I finally think they've found the hook for me. I try every new Iron Man relaunch and am usually gone after a couple of issues. This time, with Riri Williams, I think they may have done it. She's just about perfect.

I never thought I would ever buy an Iron Man title but I might have to check Riri if she keeps slaying the comic book fandom like that. I'm interested in learning more about her because I damn sure wasn't checking Iron Man so I know next to nothing about her.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I've never been a fan of IM, but I'm loving Riri's design and some of the backstory alright revealed. I'm going to give this a chance, and hope it's as good as as it looks.

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Like someone else around here said, I was hoping she would have her own signature colors. But on the upside, the armor isn't rife with unnecessary secondary sexual characteristics to make it obvious the wearer is a lady. It's made to be used in battle, and is designed to no matter the gender of who uses it.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I never got why people do that female Iron Man style armor.