Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I never got why people do that female Iron Man style armor.
    The same reason that people design battle armor for women as a metal bikini: they think that's what ladies should dress like when in a genre traditionally dominated by men. So no good reason at all.

Ex Machina is still my favorite name for her.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The same reason that people design battle armor for women as a metal bikini: they think that's what ladies should dress like when in a genre traditionally dominated by men. So no good reason at all.
    Its weird because even Tony armor doesn't work that way to movies where they can see how bigger than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Funny thing is that boob armor as an example would actually be fatal in real battles because the blows would be deflected directly to your sternum. That's not what you want to happen ever.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

I have never bought an IM book and I love Tony. I didn't get into comics until after the movies. After the MCU Civil War, I've felt like Tony needed a break, so I will check this out.

Astonishing Member

I'll definitely be in for the ride. I completely understand the need for creating an appreciation thread.
    I did the same thing with Miles Morales because there was so much hate for Miles in the Spider Man forum. It's always good to have a thread where you don't have to worry about haters and detractors infecting the thread.

Mighty Member

I going to give her a chance, while there have not been much of her so far I like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I never got why people do that female Iron Man style armor.
    artists like drawing curves.

I think they should just call her 'Machina' or 'Mechana.'

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    No, I'd say she's a replacement for Stark, because she has Stark's superpower: super-genius intellect. Rhodey's superpower has always been essentially grit.
    I was going with blackness as his superpower. but your take sounds better.

BANNED

She is probably the fourth smartest person in the Marvel universe now

after Valeria Reed and Doom

I like the armor! Was hoping for different color scheme and design, but it works as an Iron Man armor.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    She is probably the fourth smartest person in the Marvel universe now

after Valeria Reed and Doom
    She is a genius, but some people are forgetting Bendis said that she was smarter than Tony WAS AT THAT AGE, so i woud still put Lunella and the Cho siblings ahead of her on the list.
    And her armor may look alike Tony, but i feel like it's an improvement on that one, specially the helmet, i didn't like the ANAD headgear.
    Everything Lives!

Let's see Riri get mentored by some interesting characters. She should be introduced to the black superhero world by Misty Knight. They both have a connection to Tony Stark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Funny thing is that boob armor as an example would actually be fatal in real battles because the blows would be deflected directly to your sternum. That's not what you want to happen ever.
    But bikini armor is really practical.

BANNED

For the first time ever I am actually looking forward to a Iron Man Book. Long Live Riri.