Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    IRON MAIDEN should be her name. That Casseli drawing of her was flawless. Looking forward to seeing her distinguish herself from Tony. What type of additions will she make to her armor?

I think that would be cool too, but i think there's a couple reasons that won't happen. First, i think the heavy metal of the same name would have an issue with it and even if they didn't there's an old female villain from Thunder Agents with the same name.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StaticShock99 View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/30037-marve...arvel-now.html

So Doom is gonna be another Iron-Man, how much you wanna bet the same people throwing a fit will be silent and actually give that story a chance?
    This makes less sense
    Why would Doom of all people go under the moniker Iron man?
    Even from a marketing perspective, Doom is still fairly well known, It's not like he's a brand new character.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

IRON MAIDEN should be her name. That Casseli drawing of her was flawless. Looking forward to seeing her distinguish herself from Tony. What type of additions will she make to her armor?
    Wouldn't there most likely be copyright issues with that name?
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    there was a marvel character (Black Widow's old foe) by that name. they might have changed it to Steel Maiden.

BANNED

is it weird that I'm actually interested in reading iron man now because it's not tony? maybe it's because Tony comes off as a bit of a arrogant dick and any time away from him could be refreshing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Ferro Maiden?

Astonishing Member

Marvel's sticking to Iron Man because she's "Fe" male, get it, lol.

BANNED

Replacement my butt... In what issue will 15yr old Riri debut as "Fe ♀"
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-10-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

What does Riri build the armor from? I get that she's a genius but she'd need a lot more than just a bunch of pieces of random hardware she stole from the robotics lab. Even geniuses need some infrastructure to build something that nice. I'm also intrigued whether she'll have a mentor or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    is it weird that I'm actually interested in reading iron man now because it's not tony? maybe it's because Tony comes off as a bit of a arrogant dick and any time away from him could be refreshing
    That's exactly how I feel. It's a weird thing to say but I'm considering picking an Iron Man title for the first time now that Tony won't be the titular character or at least I think/hope he won't.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think that would be cool too, but i think there's a couple reasons that won't happen. First, i think the heavy metal of the same name would have an issue with it and even if they didn't there's an old female villain from Thunder Agents with the same name.
    Unless something has changed i don't think it will be a problem Marvel has the aforementioned Black Widow foe that even had a brief appearance in the 1st Civil War. Also a X-men foe that was a member of Gene Nation used the moniker. I'm not sure though things may have changed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    What does Riri build the armor from?
    Riri reverse-engineered technology derived from one of the Iron Man Armors and, built her own flying suit

Invincible Iron Man #9

she also explained where she got the materials but didn't mention how she acquired one of Stark's dated armors -- but, based on it's size I'm thinking it's the Iron Teen armor from the "Avengers: The Crossing/Timeslide" arcs.

I get that she's a genius but she'd need a lot more than just a bunch of pieces of random hardware she stole from the robotics lab. Even geniuses need some infrastructure to build something that nice. I'm also intrigued whether she'll have a mentor or something.
    Isn't it a given that Stark is gonna be her unofficial mentor

That's exactly how I feel. It's a weird thing to say but I'm considering picking an Iron Man title for the first time now that Tony won't be the titular character or at least I think/hope he won't.

Invincible Member

Unless something has changed i don't think it will be a problem Marvel has the aforementioned Black Widow foe that even had a brief appearance in the 1st Civil War. Also a X-men foe that was a member of Gene Nation used the moniker. I'm not sure though things may have changed.
    I think it's one of those things where if it's an occasional appearance that's one thing, but if it's planned to be a major character, they might be questions.

BANNED

Riri is Rihanna's nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Riri reverse-engineered technology derived from one of the Iron Man Armors and, built her own flying suit

she also explained where she got the materials but didn't mention how she acquired one of Stark's dated armors -- but, based on it's size I'm thinking it's the Iron Teen armor from the "Avengers: The Crossing/Timeslide" arcs.
    That's what confused me. Hopefully it's all explained in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Isn't it a given that Stark is gonna be her unofficial mentor
    I thought they might still kill him off or something in Civil War II. At least that's where it looked like it was heading.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think it's one of those things where if it's an occasional appearance that's one thing, but if it's planned to be a major character, they might be questions.
    True Marvel recently made a deal so that "Champions" could be used.ww.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/05/all-new-all-different-avengers-quit-for-the-champions-a-name-marvel-can-now-use-again/