Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Everything is Organic

It's 3 AM in the morning and let us post organic things about Marvel in this thread!

NBC News:
    "As we've been slowly and hopefully very organically adding all these new characters to the Marvel Universe, it just seemed that sort of violence inspiring a young hero to rise up and act, and using her science acumen, her natural born abilities that are still raw but so ahead of where even Tony Stark was at that age, was very exciting to me."
    Riri Williams and her ascension to Iron Man (she will figure out the name eventually) comes on the heels of some controversy around the death of Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes a.k.a. War Machine in Civil War II. While many fans hate to see characters of color taken off the board, Bendis believes that the constant "organic" creation of characters will benefit Marvel and the stories they produce.
    Times:
    I think what’s most important is that the character is created in an organic setting. We never had a meeting saying, “We need to create this character.” It’s inspired by the world around me and not seeing that represented enough in popular culture.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

BANNED

How did Riri reverse engineer Stark's armor? To do that, she'd need...well, a suit of armor. Where did she get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    How did Riri reverse engineer Stark's armor? To do that, she'd need...well, a suit of armor. Where did she get it from?
    She got the designs online and she built it out of spare parts she stole from her college and that was enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    She got the designs online and she built it out of spare parts she stole from her college and that was enough.
    Tony had his armor designs on the Internet?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

That's one of the most inorganic explanations I've ever heard in my life.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Spectacular Member

So she built it in a dorm? With a box of scraps?

Fantastic Member

Tony's designs were leaked online or something I believe.

She attends MIT, and stole parts from various departments around campus. While that's not Stark/Parker Industries or a Lockheed Martin/Military type factory, MIT probably would be the next best place in the world to get parts to build some kind of robotic suit.

Yeah, as SSJMorales said, some of Tony's designs were leaked online back in I think the first issue(it was just a minor mention in Tony's opening monologue as to part of the reason why he needs to keep innovating with his armor designs) and Riri was at going to college at MIT and built her suit in her dorm room with various parts should stole from the labs. She built it, took it for a test flight, and as of this weeks book she stopped a truck with 2 prisoner's escaping. The only relationship she has with Tony as of yet is that Rhodey mentioned she exist to him at the end of the issue. That is her entire character and history as of this week.

Is it me or are all the citations the OP put in the opening all feel like a bunch of lies? They've added SLOWLY all these new characters??? Really?? And sorry, but there's nothing organic about the creation of those characters... and that last one, from Times, seems like a lie, plain and simple. I'm not buying, sorry.

I think a lot of fans are just not happy at all at the direction Marvel is headed right now, and I doubt that anything they could say at this point would make us change our minds. "Oh yeah, sure, it's all organic changes, I believe you now that you've said it in Times"... yeah, no.

Okay... right... so she's a thief, stealing stuff from her college

But I get what you mean, Star_Jammer... to reverse-engineer something, you need the finished product, take it apart and figure out how it's built. That's the definition of reverse-engineering. If I want to reverse-engineer a toaster, I need a toaster to start with. Having the designs and blueprints in front of you isn't reverse-engineering, it's just plain building something from a plan. It doesn't take that much of a genius to do it, simply someone skilled at mechanics and electronics. They're going to have to come up with more than this to convince me she's on par with Stark intellect-wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Okay... right... so she's a thief, stealing stuff from her college

But I get what you mean, Star_Jammer... to reverse-engineer something, you need the finished product, take it apart and figure out how it's built. That's the definition of reverse-engineering. If I want to reverse-engineer a toaster, I need a toaster to start with. Having the designs and blueprints in front of you isn't reverse-engineering, it's just plain building something from a plan. It doesn't take that much of a genius to do it, simply someone skilled at mechanics and electronics. They're going to have to come up with more than this to convince me she's on par with Stark intellect-wise.
    Yes, I was going in that direction as well.

Tony Stark's designs being revealed on the Internet sounds suspiciously hokey as well, though. More to it, however, is that it depends how detailed the design plans were (was she given bare minimum, or step-by-step color-coded instructions?).

Is this part of a larger plot, or only for convenience? I don't read Iron Man's books, if you can't tell.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 07-07-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Yes, I was going in that direction as well.

Tony Stark's designs being revealed on the Internet sounds suspiciously hokey as well, though. More to it, however, is that it depends how detailed the design plans were (was she given bare minimum, or step-by-step color-coded instructions?).

Is this part of a larger plot, or only for convenience? I don't read Iron Man's books, if you can't tell.
    It doesn't seem to be tied into the current plot and Tony never made that big of a point of it, it was just a single throw away line in issue #1 as far as I can remember.

BANNED

It doesn't seem to be tied into the current plot and Tony never made that big of a point of it, it was just a single throw away line in issue #1 as far as I can remember.
    Interesting. In a bad way, if one needed further refinement. Yet very Bendis-like (speaking as a Scarlet Witch fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Is it me or are all the citations the OP put in the opening all feel like a bunch of lies? They've added SLOWLY all these new characters??? Really?? And sorry, but there's nothing organic about the creation of those characters... and that last one, from Times, seems like a lie, plain and simple. I'm not buying, sorry.

I think a lot of fans are just not happy at all at the direction Marvel is headed right now, and I doubt that anything they could say at this point would make us change our minds. "Oh yeah, sure, it's all organic changes, I believe you now that you've said it in Times"... yeah, no.
    What timeline are you working with? To me 75 years seems like a pretty slow rollout.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Yeah, as SSJMorales said, some of Tony's designs were leaked online back in I think the first issue(it was just a minor mention in Tony's opening monologue as to part of the reason why he needs to keep innovating with his armor designs)
    I hope he also mentioned security.
    I mean, SHIELD should've been tracking down all the people that downloaded them and be putting them in jail or something.

BTW, does he not trademark his technology? Cause that would mean that the schematics should be online, anyway.