Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    BTW, does he not [patent] his technology? Cause that would mean that the schematics should be online, anyway.
    I'm going off old information, but as of Armor Wars, he didn't patent most of his armor technology because he didn't want to have to disclose the specifics. That was one of the reasons he didn't have a lot of options when it was stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    What timeline are you working with? To me 75 years seems like a pretty slow rollout.
    I was referring to the recent ( i.e. less than two years) wave of legacy characters that have appeared. This is what those citations are about, are they not?

it's funny to me that people are hung up on Riri reverse engineering the armor. this happens a lot in the Iron Man title. Obadiah Stane's kid built a better version of the armor; not long ago. no one gave him any grief over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I'm going off old information, but as of Armor Wars, he didn't patent most of his armor technology because he didn't want to have to disclose the specifics. That was one of the reasons he didn't have a lot of options when it was stolen.
    Yes, patent. But we do know that he makes money using his repulsor-tech. And isnt that the whole point of the suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's funny to me that people are hung up on Riri reverse engineering the armor. this happens a lot in the Iron Man title. Obadiah Stane's kid built a better version of the armor; not long ago. no one gave him any grief over it.
    Probably cause Obadiah bought Stark's company and had all the info about the Iron Men suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Because "building" an Iron Man armour and "reverse-engineering" an Iron Man armour isn't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Is it me or are all the citations the OP put in the opening all feel like a bunch of lies? They've added SLOWLY all these new characters??? Really?? And sorry, but there's nothing organic about the creation of those characters... and that last one, from Times, seems like a lie, plain and simple. I'm not buying, sorry.

I think a lot of fans are just not happy at all at the direction Marvel is headed right now, and I doubt that anything they could say at this point would make us change our minds. "Oh yeah, sure, it's all organic changes, I believe you now that you've said it in Times"... yeah, no.
    In case you missed it earlier, the organic joke came from the Green Arrow TV show where Marc Guggenheim deflects criticism towards the direction of the show by saying that they have to write the story organically etc... and proceeded to answer many fan questions by shoehorning the word organic into the answers. Bendis may actually be aware of this and was actively trolling us like he always did for fun.

Yes, patent. But we do know that he makes money using his repulsor-tech. And isnt that the whole point of the suit?
    It's possible he did not patent repulsor tech but made it trade secret. Then his company knew how to build it and made money out of it, and like Armor Wars or Obadiah's case, such information can be bought or stolen to replicate the suit, as well as reverse engineered in case of Riri.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Extraordinary Member

If only there were some context where we could call something "organically problematic." It would be peak internet.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Is it me or are all the citations the OP put in the opening all feel like a bunch of lies? They've added SLOWLY all these new characters??? Really?? And sorry, but there's nothing organic about the creation of those characters... and that last one, from Times, seems like a lie, plain and simple. I'm not buying, sorry.

I think a lot of fans are just not happy at all at the direction Marvel is headed right now, and I doubt that anything they could say at this point would make us change our minds. "Oh yeah, sure, it's all organic changes, I believe you now that you've said it in Times"... yeah, no.
    "Organic" means it was was fertilized with cow patties, don't you know? ;p

I wouldn't say lies, but there's definitely some eyebrow raising on my part on the use of the word organic in those quotes. Also, I'm pretty sure there WAS a meeting, or some sort of conference call on how to eliminate Nick Fury and "organically" bring in his merchandise tie-in, Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    In case you missed it earlier, the organic joke came from the Green Arrow TV show where Marc Guggenheim deflects criticism towards the direction of the show by saying that they have to write the story organically etc... and proceeded to answer many fan questions by shoehorning the word organic into the answers. Bendis may actually be aware of this and was actively trolling us like he always did for fun.
    I didn't know that about Guggenheim. Heh.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Because "building" an Iron Man armour and "reverse-engineering" an Iron Man armour isn't the same thing.
    yeah but it's different in that one makes it clear that the new character (Ezekial Stane, in this case) is superior to Stark. he didn't even need Stark's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

Probably cause Obadiah bought Stark's company and had all the info about the Iron Men suits.
    not as far as I know. Ezekiel was just plain smart enough to do it. he was a completely off the grid individual; performing radical surgeries on terrorists in 3rd world garages.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    "Organic" means it was was fertilized with cow patties, don't you know? ;p
    You mean bull crap?