Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm sure ANYONE would be weak and helpless after spending god knows how long getting digested by Fin Fang Foom.
    He's also old

I was however refering to how dumb and bad and weak Lemire wrote two other characters lately which I can't seem to let go.
    Hint: They use Bows.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    He's also old

I was however refering to how dumb and bad and weak Lemire wrote two other characters lately which I can't seem to let go.
    Hint: They use Bows.
    Sad thing is, I completely forgot that he was even the one writing that Hawkeye book.

I read it just now. This again is a very good comic. Very nice conversation with Jean Grey and some spoilers.

spoilers:
    Night travel with a young Jean Grey.
    We know how in the Old Man Logan's world died Pym and Daredevil.
    Old Man Logan meets Steve Rogers, Puk, Barton and Jubilee!
    end of spoilers

I loved the issue Lemire has been doing such a good job with this book and Sorrentino continues to kill it on the art.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Wish that convo in the bar coyld have had more with the fire cracker

Loved this issue. Was very sweet and heartfelt. O5 Jean has been unlikable in recent months. This issue highlighted all the traits that make her such a great character. Lemire really seems to get Old Man Logan. He does a great job of touching on the torment he experiences, worrying that he'll kill all his friends like he did in his timeline. It makes for a powerful story and it's a big reason why I feel like this is one of the best Wolverine comics in years. Definitely a nice treat for this past week.

I did a full review of this comic on my blog. It was a joy to read and review. Here's a link for all those interested:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This is the best book from Marvel. The characterization are mostly on point. More Jubilee should be in it more. His best friend Kurt should have been at the party. And since it was in Madripoor Belle should have been there also. And It should've been at the Princess bar.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    This is the best book from Marvel. The characterization are mostly on point. More Jubilee should be in it more. His best friend Kurt should have been at the party. And since it was in Madripoor Belle should have been there also. And It should've been at the Princess bar.
    I agree best book out there and best Wolverine book in a while. I think that one of the essential characterization of Logan that fell by the way side in the years after Lobdell left was how introspective Wolverine is. And that aspect always help balance his sometimes cliché badass persona. I think that inclusion in this series is what is making the characterization ring true for this first time in many runs.

Also Lemire did well not delve too deep into Madirpore since I believe the Princess Bar blew up and Belle is dead. Unless that got retconned recently. Heck even Tyger Tiger is some low life ivory and endangered animals trader.

I would like to forget the Tyger Tiger stuff. I forgot about Belle dying.

I would like to forget the Tyger Tiger stuff. I forgot about Belle dying.
    I would too. I mean I was happy they tried the PSA angle and that kind of crime needs all the awareness it can get. But I wish they hadn't done it at the expense of a character like Tyger Tiger that while not a big time character had a well established character as crime lord with some scruples.

I understand why Kurt isn't there I mean him and Logan probably interacted off panel and all I think the party was for the people he had't interacted with.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I understand why Kurt isn't there I mean him and Logan probably interacted off panel and all I think the party was for the people he had't interacted with.
    Cap and Wolverine were never that close so he shouldn't have been there.

Cap and Wolverine were never that close so he shouldn't have been there.
    There have been various times where they where shown to be good friends Wolverine took Captain America out to celebrate after he came back to life and If I'm remembering it right Captain America asked Logan to join the Uncanny Avengers, Hell there was a picture of Deadpool Wolverine and Captain America hanging out.