Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Man, I'm not sure about this. I LOVED what Tomasi did with the character and would've been cool with him staying dead way longer. Plus, how DID he survive that? I guess it can just be that he shot his gun in frustration that he couldn't get the "kill myself" result? I mean, we never SAW blood, right?

Hopefully Snyder keeps the fact that he knows Batman's identity in-continuity, and doesn't retcon it with brain damage or something.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm sure Scott found 5 to be deemed bosses given the infamous 5 families of NY'Cs past & popular history. I don't mind villains being jobbed now & then. It's happened forever in Batman comics and media. Joker's even been jobbed and it hasn't hurt him. You just need to balance it all out...Two-Face has been jobbed before, but I he's gonna get his big threat story here in All-Star.
    I dont mind it once or twice but multiple times is pushing it and especially if said characters dont even have story or role and are just there to get their teeth kicked in. Joker atlast always has a story even if he jobs.

Spectacular Member

I like the idea that Harvey's damaged eye sees a warped, twisted version of the world. But beyond that, I'm still not sure I'll follow this.

The big burn story was really good although I did wonder why it necessitated Harvey dent killing himself. That's one of those things where DC just lets a writer get away from himself.
    Tomasi doesn't usually make those big status quo changing events
    So now two face just didn't die from shooting himself in the head much like how Joker just didn't die after getting his face cut off

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The appeal of Two-Face to me has always been that he reflects the struggle of evil and good within all of us, not just the evil. Harvey's usually just a generic psycho whenever writers overlook his good half.
    This. Though to be fair, the struggle between good and evil can also be done in so many ways. The character's tragedy kind of limits him in the same way as Freeze's Nora story does when it comes to recurring stories, despite giving both of them excellent depth.

Amazing Member

whats the likely release for 1st trade, i want to hold out until all out and buy a nice trade

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This. Though to be fair, the struggle between good and evil can also be done in so many ways. The character's tragedy kind of limits him in the same way as Freeze's Nora story does when it comes to recurring stories, despite giving both of them excellent depth.
    Exactly, Two-Face is like many Batman villains perhaps, a villain (so not a hero), but also one where some stories can play him more sympathetically, and others can play him less so. The greatest thing about serial comics and serial villains is that they can be played a thousand different ways and be the same core character.

I've encounted some Two-Face fans that want him done one way and one way only and I will never stand for that. Some writers did him so sympathetically and fair, if the good sign of his coin came up, he was fair about it. But I love that Dixon had Harvey cheat with his coin (like he still might do something bad but less bad to you even though the good head came up).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Exactly, Two-Face is like many Batman villains perhaps, a villain (so not a hero), but also one where some stories can play him more sympathetically, and others can play him less so. The greatest thing about serial comics and serial villains is that they can be played a thousand different ways and be the same core character.

I've encounted some Two-Face fans that want him done one way and one way only and I will never stand for that. Some writers did him so sympathetically and fair, if the good sign of his coin came up, he was fair about it. But I love that Dixon had Harvey cheat with his coin (like he still might do something bad but less bad to you even though the good head came up).
    If written correctly, yeah. But when I do a quick eyes-right over at Harley and where she's at nowadays.....

By the way, anyone know if this Harvey is Latino or not? I doubt it, but I've been seeing some pictures that make me think otherwise.