Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: First Look at the Armor for Marvel's New Teenage, Female Iron Man

Get to know Riri Williams, the character who could be defining the Marvel Universe's new era of heroes, with the first glimpse of her Iron Man armor!

Full article here.

So, given this is basically the exact same design as Tony's current armor, is she going to masquerade as him to justify calling herself "Iron Man?" Though it's fairly apparent that she's a lot slimmer and shorter then Tony...

So it's just a female version of Tony's current armor pretty much, of course.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    So it's just a female version of Tony's current armor pretty much, of course.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the world at large not only won't know whose under the armour but won't realise its a woman under there. I would expect the suit won't be overly feminine, even though we know she should be Iron Woman.

BANNED

Looks bad to be honest. Like the worst parts of the ANAD suit mixed with the worst parts of the Ultimate suit. As if I needed another reason to not buy this book.

I just wish Caselli wasn't being wasted on this. I'd love to see him on ASM at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the world at large not only won't know whose under the armour but won't realise its a woman under there. I would expect the suit won't be overly feminine, even though we know she should be Iron Woman.
    I'm going to guess CW2 ends with Tony thought to be dead, but actually in hiding, just making her appearance as Iron Man being a mystery to the world with the 2 people known to have ever been Iron Man gone.

Spectacular Member

Uhhhh...how does she get all that hair in THAT helmet? I'm really trying to hold judgment until I have read more, I really am...but it's hard to hold back. I mean...what's in the water on this earth? How many baby geniuses do we have now? Franklin and Val Richards, Amadeus Cho, Riri Williams...etc.
    And how many of my heroes does Marvel have to drag down into the gutter so they can be replaced? I'm thinking that just turning 60 last month that I am not the target audience any more. Too bad really, as I used to spend a hell of a lot of money on Marvel comics...a hell of a lot. And my pull list has been dwindling down, down, down...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    Uhhhh...how does she get all that hair in THAT helmet? I'm really trying to hold judgment until I have read more, I really am...but it's hard to hold back. I mean...what's in the water on this earth? How many baby geniuses do we have now? Franklin and Val Richards, Amadeus Cho, Riri Williams...etc.
    And how many of my heroes does Marvel have to drag down into the gutter so they can be replaced? I'm thinking that just turning 60 last month that I am not the target audience any more. Too bad really, as I used to spend a hell of a lot of money on Marvel comics...a hell of a lot. And my pull list has been dwindling down, down, down...
    im half ur age and i echo ur sentiments to the T
    this is garbage
    Cyclops was right

So it's basically the same as Tony's except there'll be more yellow/golden on the abs area and no glowy thingy on the chest (which makes it look like there's something missing).
    I'm almost sure everyone will just assume it's still Tony and part of her character arc will be about her growing beyond being just his substitute. I hope so, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So it's basically the same as Tony's except there'll be more yellow/golden on the abs area and no glowy thingy on the chest (which makes it look like there's something missing).
    I'm almost sure everyone will just assume it's still Tony and part of her character arc will be about her growing beyond being just his substitute. I hope so, at least.

Or she's actually pretending to be Tony, which is why they're calling her "Iron Man" and she's using a very similar armor design.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or she's actually pretending to be Tony, which is why they're calling her "Iron Man" and she's using a very similar armor design.
    Could be akin to Batman Beyond in that Tony's currently too injured or dealing with issues to be Iron Man right now. He might even be dead... after all that Tony on the cover looks an awful lot like Friday's hologram look...

The hair angst is ridiculous.

How does Storm function, flying through the air, with that huge mane?

How does anyone take Carol Danvers remotely seriously in that swimsuit, thigh highs and prom gloves she used to wear?

How does Hulk fit through regular sized doorways?

Answer: Comics

BONUS: HOORAY for lack of iron breasts. Smart gal this Riri.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The hair angst is ridiculous.

How does Storm function, flying through the air, with that huge mane?

How does anyone take Carol Danvers in that swimsuit, thigh highs and prom gloves she used to wear?

How does Hulk fit through regular sized doorways?

Answer: Comics

BONUS: HOORAY for lack of iron breasts. Smart gal this Riri.
    Well, she probably doesn't want it obvious what her gender is if she wants people to think of her as "Iron Man."

I wonder if the Tony AI she's apparently going to be getting, judging by the cover, is going to help with the masquerade.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Could be akin to Batman Beyond in that Tony's currently too injured or dealing with issues to be Iron Man right now. He might even be dead... after all that Tony on the cover looks an awful lot like Friday's hologram look...
    It's already been shown that Tony's made backups of himself not too dissimilar from Friday back in Superior Iron Man, and given what's going in CW2, it would be completely logical if he had a new, updated AI backup of himself created before everything goes bad.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Its hair guys. Not something made out of metal.
    She really is using a secret identity.