Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

I can imagine a universe in which the Fantastic Four are replaced by Henry Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Erik Josten, and Eric O'Grady. They could be physically altered by entering the Kosmos Dimension. A slightly different Ultron could replace Doom. Doc Nemesis could replace Wizard. Maria Trovayna or Monica Rappacini make decent surrogates for Alyssa Moy. There's room for Rita Demara as well. Bill Foster would be reimagined as this version of the FF's SHIELD liaison and fellow scientist. Scott is Cross's version of Trapster. His daughter would eventually be taken in by the FF in their Future Foundation.

I was thinking of one universe where the Kree got involve during WWII and help create the super-soldier serum, the Human Torch tech and etc... and I was trying to connect Captain America to Captain Marvel and came up with three ideas

A. Mar-Vell came to Earth and and use Captain America/Steve Rogers as an alias
    B. Mar-vell is a clone of Rogers combine with Kree DNA
    C. Mar-Vell is the son of Rogers and a Kree woman

Also since the Kree has a hand in the creation of the super-soldier serum I was thinking Carol Danvers ends up using a modern version of the serum created by SHIELD, and uses a power suit for energy blasts.

Also in this universe the Fantastic Four are four super scientists (Reed Richards, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, and Adam Brashear) who got caught in an explosion that was caused by the combine force of their experiments and fused them with each of their specific works.

Spider-Man accidentally runs out to The Burglar, which causes him to fall to the ground and get arrested then and there.
    No guilt trip about letting him go and allowing him to kill Uncle Ben, but also nothing to get too high and mighty about either.
    He keeps that attitude that society has done nothing for him.

Has anybody created a universe where Maria Trovaya, Pym's first wife, never died? I like to think that Pym would be less traumatized and that she, being older and less of a thrill-seeker than Janet, and knowing Hank for a longer time, would have prevented him from doing anything stupid?

Hank Pym: I can make you small with my shrinking gas! And due to my research in cell specialization I can give you antennae and wings like a wasp... I can make you... the Wasp!
    Maria Troyana: No.
    Hank Pym: Wha...?
    Maria Troyana: I'm not letting you give me bug bits.

Hank Pym: I haven't had any big breakthroughs since I created my Pym Particles. I would like to be rich and successful like Tony Stark, but I don't want to weaponize my work... so I will create a robot more intelligent than human beings!
    Maria Troyana: Honey, I am glad that you want to try new things, but I don't think you have thought hard enough about the possibilities of your Pym Particles.
    Hank Pym: What do you mean?
    Maria Troyana: Well, just think about all the good it could do if applied to medicine... you could get into the coronary arteries and fix myocardial infarction, you could get into the brain and fix cerebral infarction, you could destroy inoperable cancer... You could win a Nobel price or two!
    Hank Pym: Whoa! How come I never thought of that? If you think about it, it's kinda a moral obligation to use the Pym Particles that way, if I can...
    Maria Troyana: And you could use your Pym Particles to shrink artificial satellites and space stations and send them to space aboard small and cheap rockets... you would earn billions of dollars!
    Hank Pym: Holy...! That's amazing! Tony Stark will be so jealous!

Hank Pym: I am Yellowjacket! I have killed Hank Pym!
    Maria Troyana: ...
    Maria Troyana: Thor, restrain Hank! He had a lab accident and needs urgent medical attention! We are taking him to see a neurologist! Call Dr. Strange and Charles Xavier too, just in case!.

Maria Troyana: Hank... are these Kree Nega-Bands...?!
    Hank Pym: Yeah, I made them to keep a kid from dying of radiation poisoning, but it didn't work...
    Maria Troyana: If you can make Nega-Bands, why aren't you using them instead of just changing size?! I thought you were frustrated because you weren't as powerful as the other Avengers! You could blow the **** out of the villains!
    Hank Pym:...
    Hank Pym: Why didn't I think about that...?
    Last edited by Habis; 01-08-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Has anybody created a universe where Maria Trovaya, Pym's first wife, never died? I like to think that Pym would be less traumatized and that she, being older and less of a thrill-seeker than Janet, and knowing Hank for a longer time, would have prevented him from doing anything stupid?

Hank Pym: I can make you small with my shrinking gas! And due to my research in cell specialization I can give you antennae and wings like a wasp... I can make you... the Wasp!
    Maria Troyana: No.
    Hank Pym: Wha...?
    Maria Troyana: I'm not letting you give me bug bits.

Hank Pym: I haven't had any big breakthroughs since I created my Pym Particles. I would like to be rich and successful like Tony Stark, but I don't want to weaponize my work... so I will create a robot more intelligent than human beings!
    Maria Troyana: Honey, I am glad that you want to try new things, but I don't think you have thought hard enough about the possibilities of your Pym Particles.
    Hank Pym: What do you mean?
    Maria Troyana: Well, just think about all the good it could do if applied to medicine... you could get into the coronary arteries and fix myocardial infarction, you could get into the brain and fix cerebral infarction, you could destroy inoperable cancer... You could win a Nobel price or two!
    Hank Pym: Whoa! How come I never thought of that? If you think about it, it's kinda a moral obligation to use the Pym Particles that way, if I can...
    Maria Troyana: And you could use your Pym Particles to shrink artificial satellites and space stations and send them to space aboard small and cheap rockets... you would earn billions of dollars!
    Hank Pym: Holy...! That's amazing! Tony Stark will be so jealous!

Hank Pym: I am Yellowjacket! I have killed Hank Pym!
    Maria Troyana: ...
    Maria Troyana: Thor, restrain Hank! He had a lab accident and needs urgent medical attention! We are taking him to see a neurologist! Call Dr. Strange and Charles Xavier too, just in case!.

Maria Troyana: Hank... are these Kree Nega-Bands...?!
    Hank Pym: Yeah, I made them to keep a kid from dying of radiation poisoning, but it didn't work...
    Maria Troyana: If you can make Nega-Bands, why aren't you using them instead of just changing size?! I thought you were frustrated because you weren't as powerful as the other Avengers! You could blow the **** out of the villains!
    Hank Pym:...
    Hank Pym: Why didn't I think about that...?
    That would be incredible. Indeed, Pym Particles do have a lot of potential that the writers have been sleeping on.

That said, I've got an idea for an anime/manga-inspired Marvel Universe. Think of it as Marvel Mangaverse 2.0/Ultimate Marvel Mangaverse. Given how Japanese manga and anime have been doing their own takes on the superhero genre, not just with transforming heroes a la tokusatsu like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, but most notably My Hero Academia, One-Punch Man, and Tiger & Bunny . . . I'm imagining this All-New, All-Different Marvel Mangaverse can take some influence from that. The overall premise is that like in MHA and OPM, superheroes are largely organized and not necessarily independent agents; though they are free to act as such, they are strongly encouraged to join those recruiting organizations for greater benefits and resources. The largest superhero organization is, of course, the Avengers, operating out of Stark Tower and somewhat as a subsidiary or beneficiary of Stark Enterprises, the CEO of which is also the power-armored superhero Iron Man, who oversees the main team, its auxiliaries, and its trainees on Avengers Campus alongside Captain America.

Besides the Avengers Campus, there are other, more specialized superhero organizations, such as the Future Foundation headed by Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four and based in the Baxter Building for the purpose of nurturing and developing the next generation of brilliant minds to defend and --- more importantly --- improve the world. The Xavier Institute, headed by Charles Xavier out of a stately manor in Westchester, New York, is situated over a massive underground training compound for those called mutants, born with a mutagenic "X-factor" in their DNA that manifests as superhuman abilities, which the Institute teaches them to control and harness for the good of society. Within the territory of the supernatural, outside the purview of more traditional superpowered heroics is Strange Academy, with the Sorcerer Supreme Stephen Strange as its headmaster and alongside his fellow magic users teaching the next generation the ways of magic to defend the world from threats originating from beyond this dimension. On the more underground side of affairs is The School of the Chastened, run by the Order of the Dragon as a secret and secluded recruitment and training ground for slayers and hunters of demons who channel the inner power of their spirits to fortify their bodies and expand their minds and senses so they can combat demons, as well as those humans who bargain with or allow themselves to be possessed by demons for power, chief among them their archenemies the Hand, worshippers of an elder demon only known as "The Beast."

While independent heroic agents tend to be relatively few in number, they still exist. While some have banded together to form their own, smaller teams, like the New Warriors, more "street-level" heroes who eschew large heroic organizations like the Avengers, others --- such as Spider-Man and Daredevil, the latter a former student and trainee of The School of the Chastened, the former a mysterious vigilante cyber-ninja --- remain staunch loners.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 01-09-2022 at 06:28 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Your version is hilarious, and I love it!

My own wonky AU version is that Maria, instead of being killed by Russian agents, faked her death *because she was a Russian agent,* sent by the Red Room to spy on Pym's research and steal it for the Kremlin. (Other Widow agents were sent to attempt to cozy up to Stark and pre-marriage Richards, in this manner. One got an STD and no useful intel, and the other ruthlessly cockblocked by Sue Storm, who may or may not have ever known she was a spy, but was not having it in any event.)

Maria, not her real name, returned to the Soviet science-city of whatever, with a wealth of purloined information, and eventually become the 'Red Queen' using a modification of the cyberneural tech she'd stolen from Pym to turn dozens of other agents into her 'drones,' responding to her cybernetic commands at range, like she was the 'queen' of a 'hive' of insects. (She spent years in the doghouse first, because Pym discovered Pym particles *after* she left, and she just missed his biggest revolutionary breakthrough! But, years later, she pretty much runs the place.)

And so Hank Pym's 'dead' first wife turns out to be the evil mastermind behind the Red Room, and a bit of a genius herself (all the Widows sent to do this sort of espionage were top of their class and technically trained, so as to be better able to do their jobs). Because the MU can always use a few more lady masterminds!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

My own wonky AU version is that Maria, instead of being killed by Russian agents, faked her death *because she was a Russian agent,* sent by the Red Room to spy on Pym's research and steal it for the Kremlin. (Other Widow agents were sent to attempt to cozy up to Stark and pre-marriage Richards, in this manner. One got an STD and no useful intel, and the other ruthlessly cockblocked by Sue Storm, who may or may not have ever known she was a spy, but was not having it in any event.)

Maria, not her real name, returned to the Soviet science-city of whatever, with a wealth of purloined information, and eventually become the 'Red Queen' using a modification of the cyberneural tech she'd stolen from Pym to turn dozens of other agents into her 'drones,' responding to her cybernetic commands at range, like she was the 'queen' of a 'hive' of insects. (She spent years in the doghouse first, because Pym discovered Pym particles *after* she left, and she just missed his biggest revolutionary breakthrough! But, years later, she pretty much runs the place.)

And so Hank Pym's 'dead' first wife turns out to be the evil mastermind behind the Red Room, and a bit of a genius herself (all the Widows sent to do this sort of espionage were top of their class and technically trained, so as to be better able to do their jobs). Because the MU can always use a few more lady masterminds!
    I like that idea as well.

Earth 7643 (Alternate Crossover Earth/Updated as I get more ideas):

The Haunted Tank: the ghost of a soldier who commands a Stuart Tank alongside the Allies during World War II against the Axis powers and, unbeknownst to even him, the forces of HYDRA led by The Red Skull.

The Atom: A university professor who gains superstrength after a battle with a supervillain, later he would take partial custody of that supervillain's daughter, but the villain, Cyclotron, was actually forced into the battle by the combined efforts of the Ultra-Humanite and The Purple Man.

The Thinker: Starting out as a small time lawyer, he realized that many of his clients could take over a city easily, but lacked the proper planning to do so. So, he began leading small teams of villains to put his plan into action. The Jackal and Bullseye were his first two recruits.

Jewel: A high school student who is there when Peter Parker is bitten by the radioactive spider. Just being present at the scene gave her powers, which she didn't discover until after waking up from a coma, which happened as a result of her family being killed in a car crash. She is adopted by Parasite's family.

Firehawk: Identity Crisis and Civil War happen at the same time. Firehawk becomes disillusioned with her fellow heroes and feels forced to join Iron Man's side.
    Last edited by TheRay; 01-13-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Maybe she was not even a woman.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

AU where the best known heroes non-powered family members all die before they become well known heroes. No love interests. Nobody the villains can use for added leverage.

Instead, their teammates and mentors become placed in a higher tier of danger -- something like Iron Man now has to contend with Spider-Man's rogues as well as his own for every mission. It would be interesting to see how far this goes -- Green Goblin will still kill somebody in place of Gwen Stacy; is it Tony? Instead of War Machine's father jumping in front of a blast to save him, will it be Vision? What about people like Hulk and Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    AU where the best known heroes non-powered family members all die before they become well known heroes. No love interests. Nobody the villains can use for added leverage.

Instead, their teammates and mentors become placed in a higher tier of danger -- something like Iron Man now has to contend with Spider-Man's rogues as well as his own for every mission. It would be interesting to see how far this goes -- Green Goblin will still kill somebody in place of Gwen Stacy; is it Tony? Instead of War Machine's father jumping in front of a blast to save him, will it be Vision? What about people like Hulk and Wolverine?
    Mentors do have a tendency of dying off in fiction so as to test the ability of the heroes they've been training to stand on their own two feet, so that wouldn't be too far off the mark. That said, without nonpowered, civilian supporting cast members . . . doesn't that just alienate superheroes further from humanity?

Not necessarily. Losing their loved ones could push them towards needing a connection, Martian Manhunter comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Not necessarily. Losing their loved ones could push them towards needing a connection, Martian Manhunter comes to mind.
    That's a fair point.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've kind of thought of one a while back. It's more a realistic universe with more down to Earth heroes.

LOGAN: A man who can heal from anything. About 35 years ago he was kidnapped by something called the "Weapon X" project and turned into a weapon by bonding Adamantium to his bones and giving him metal claws. The scientists at the project called him a mutant due to his unusual ability.

DAREDEVIL: Matt Murdoch lost his vision at nine due to a truck accident carrying chemicals and developed the ability to sense everything around him.

PUNISHER: Frank Castle lost his family to a gang fight and dedicated his life to punishing criminals.

No X-Men, no Avengers, no FF. Just these three. Maybe a Captain America who was lost in WW2. This could be something like a Marvel MAX line.
    Assassinate Putin!

Technically I had an idea about a version where testing particles Maria is shrunken down to the microverse. Hank tricks the Van Dyne family for research funds but some time later Janet blackmails him and in exchange for funds he lets her have some of his equipment so she could be a superhero and calls herself "Wasp Woman", after some time Janet ends up in the microverse and is met by Maria and her daughter Nadia. Janet helps them get out and unites them with Hank.