BANNED

Default Hellboy 3 or Reboot?

It's been almost 10 years and still no Hellboy 3, If this sequel is unlikely to be made would they reboot the movie series?.

Hopefully a BPRD TV series would be considered (preferably as a Netflix Original or on Amazon Prime).

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Hopefully a BPRD TV series would be considered (preferably as a Netflix Original or on Amazon Prime).
    That has some great potential

I think a series on Netflix or Amazon would be wonderful!

I vote comics.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I vote comics.
    Well sure, I would take more Mignola drawn Hellboy comics over TV or movies.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

I personally have zero interest in any more Hellboy movies, and I cringe every time I hear Mike asked about in interviews. I don't think Hellboy works on the screen.

That being said, I think a BPRD series has the potential to be really cool!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I vote comics.
    I'm with middenway, Of course i'm thankful for the movie(s) as they led me to the comics but i'm fed up with Hollywood adapting from other mediums and remaking stuff unnecessarily

I would go to the cinema more often if they made more original movies.

Fantastic Member

I think that either nothing or a reboot would be best. I wasn't much of a fan of the movies.

For me, Hellboy is more an "Indiana Jones" than a superhero or martial arts movie. Sure I wanna see him punching stuff but not without the soul of the series.

Why the romance with Liz? Why the weird kitten love? Why was he over 50 years old and still such a massive man child? They removed all the pathos of the character, and tried to make a comedy.

And don't get me started on Abe. Psychic powers? Come on guys.

Give me something moodier, maybe based on Conquerer Worm mixed with elements of Seed of Destruction.

I think Del Toro revealed some time ago the plot of the third movie. While I'm thankful for the first movie that led me to comics. Now the movies make me cringe.

I would not mind to see animated series, because you can pull of a lot of things that can't be done in TV series. Maybe in similar style as The Amazing Screw-On Head pilot.

That's very interesting concerning the movies and the comics, I've never read any of the comics so from what I can make out they differ greatly? In that case where should I start with the comics, thanks for any replies.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    That's very interesting concerning the movies and the comics, I've never read any of the comics so from what I can make out they differ greatly? In that case where should I start with the comics, thanks for any replies.
    I always suggest starting with the trade Helboy: The Chained Coffin and Others. It doesn't contain his origin but it's a collection of short stories that really highlight Mike's style much better than the first story.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Yeah, movies and comics are pretty different. Comics of course are much better. There's reading order and I would suggest:

• Hellboy - The Chained Coffin and Others
    • Hellboy - The Right Hand of Doom
    • Hellboy - Conqueror Worm
    • BPRD - Hollow Earth
    • BPRD - Plague of Frogs
    • BPRD - The Dead

I vote for more Hellboy Animated