Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Having metal arms are in! Don't you know.

Cable

Bucky

Misty Knight

Thor

Colossus (metal form)

Forge - with a metal leg.
    Misty is such a splitter though having a bionic right arm. The in style is clearly left

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Jane Thor stopped a female villain from fighting because of girl power and then the female villain surrendered herself because her hubby might start cheating on her. Also her fight with Odin was Mighty.
    The great writing like this is why I dropped the title.

Fantastic Member

Been expecting this since even before the announcement of Marvel NOW! (they first mentioned an ongoing for Thor Odinson in April or May iirc). So, not hugely surprised but happy that we'll get to see Thor again Jane's story has been good for the most part, imo, but I'll be glad to have the original back as well. Also, yay, he has his red cape in the art! Like it much better than the original picture, he needs at least a splash of color in his costume and the cape is traditional.

Also, I've seen complaints that we can't have long story arcs anymore and complaints that Aaron has dragged this story on too long. Kinda funny. I think that we've definitely seen from Thor that we can have long story arcs (the issues may get renumbered somewhere in there, but the story will continue). I feel like it also has been dragged out a bit, although this may be partly to do with the monthly release cycle. Twelve issues, for instance, aren't that many, but it would take about a year for them to come out (give or take a delay/extra release here or there). I know the current storylines have lasted longer, but I'm wondering if the pacing would be better in the TPB. On the other hand, that also raises the question of whether a different type of storytelling should be utilized for monthly comics. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Hmmm..

Pros:

- The real Thor has a book again.
    - Olivier Coipel is back on art.
    - Thor isn't dressed like a goddamn hobo anymore.
    - Maybe we'll finally get a goddamn explanation for Fury's whisper.

Cons:

- Having to endure Aaron's shitty writing.
    - The "Unworthy" title is crap.
    - Jane is still around.
    - The ugly-ass Ultimate Mjolnir is sticking around.
    Winner, winner chicken dinner

real thor + coipel = SOLDDDDDDDDD. looks like marvel is back on my pull list

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Who's going to be the first to complain that he's being called unworthy?
    Can't wait for the equally exciting "The Unimpressive Spiderman," "The Moderately Effective Four," and "The Mediocre Hulk." Riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Captain View Post
    Can't wait for the equally exciting "The Unimpressive Spiderman," "The Moderately Effective Four," and "The Mediocre Hulk." Riveting.
    And when Tony comes back he'll be "The Alright Iron Man". XD
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    That's going to be the adjective for the new Clint Barton Hawkeye solo, "The Alright Hawkeye," while Kate gets a "Hawkeye" book .

i hope Aaron tries a different approach here, less bluster, viking/more mead! and more hero's journey stuff.

And where in the 9 Realms (sorry there are not 10) are Sif, Valkyrie, and the warriors 3, dag nabbit?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Captain View Post
    LOL. Imagine if this becomes Marvel's new trend (in the "all-new, all different" style).

The Wimpy Hulk!
    The Traitorous Captain America
    The Crappy X-Men
    The Cowardly Spider-Man.
    The Cheap Avengers
    The Unoriginal Iron Man
    The Boring Fantastic Four

Stan Lee would have knocked himself out sill with this.

Peace

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Hmmm..

Pros:

- The real Thor has a book again.
    - Olivier Coipel is back on art.
    - Thor isn't dressed like a goddamn hobo anymore.
    - Maybe we'll finally get a goddamn explanation for Fury's whisper.

Cons:

- Having to endure Aaron's shitty writing.
    - The "Unworthy" title is crap.
    - Jane is still around.
    - The ugly-ass Ultimate Mjolnir is sticking around.
    Agreed on all points, but I don't mind Jane being around, per se, just that she's still around wielding Thor's Mjolnir, and rocking his namesake and birthright.
    Give her that ugly Ultimate hammer, call her Thorceress, or something, and let's get Thor Odinson waving Mjolnir again!

-Faced with an adequate plot twist, Tony Stark makes an interesting decision! And the outcome will modify some aspects of the Marvel Universe for a period of time to come!

Marvel has a formula lately for pressing the buttons of long-time fans and it's amusing. It's kind of pathetic creatively, but it is amusing. "Thor's unworthy now, Marvelites. Deal with it." I do think this is running its course, because I'm seeing a lot of serious backlash and I don't believe sales of Secret Wars II are all that great. I'm just tired of the Quesada/Bendis/Axel era and think it's time to move on from their anti-continuity, ant-history, decompressed, smarmy "Watchmen For Dummies" methodology. I'm just beyond tired of it all. I really would like to read current Marvel books again with modern, yet traditional, takes on the characters. I read creator owned books and have zero tolerance for Marvel and DC's lame gimmicks, relaunches to make it seem like they're not failing and regressive PC pandering.
    Last edited by KingsLeadHat; 07-08-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Thor was already unworthy and without his hammer for some good time now. The only difference is that now he actually have his own book again and a new hammer. Aka: You all have no reason to be complaining about the book itself.

Give Odinson his own book again, and people will still complain about Jane being Thor. :P